United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-02-2009, 11:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

prose where i come from is that lad
That could've been typed by a Yorkshire Yoda????

Unread 05-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It was reported in the papers a few weeks ago. They locked in on an agreement 2 years ago for silly money. If that agreement is still in place they don't need to rush to sell him. If United decide not to take up the option then they will have to consider selling at a reduced rate, which is, in theory, what United could be stalling for.
they report a lot of things

if it is true that this deal is expiring and they have the right to move him on whether he wants to go or not then they'd already have him negotiating openly with other clubs

unless the United deal is as good as done

Unread 05-02-2009, 11:15 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It was reported in the papers a few weeks ago. They locked in on an agreement 2 years ago for silly money. If that agreement is still in place they don't need to rush to sell him. If United decide not to take up the option then they will have to consider selling at a reduced rate, which is, in theory, what United could be stalling for.
That would make absolutely no sense from MSI's point of view, though. If United paid £10m to take him on a two-year loan, with the knowledge that shortly after the loan finishes he'd be available for next to nothing, why would they even think about starting negotiations for a big-money transfer before then? It's like having a player with two years left on his contract, loaning him out for two seasons and expecting to sell him to that club during the duration of the loan. It makes no sense.

Unread 05-02-2009, 11:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Well i've no idea what the situation is between him and MSI but for some reason I have always thought and still do that he'll stay.

Unread 05-02-2009, 11:19 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
they report a lot of things

if it is true that this deal is expiring and they have the right to move him on whether he wants to go or not then they'd already have him negotiating openly with other clubs

unless the United deal is as good as done
I don't know about openly, and I'm not sure how much of a say Tevez has in where he goes, but I suspect MSI are exploring other possibilities and have been for a while. These links in the press with Chelsea and City are either coming from those clubs being aware he's available or MSI starting drum up some interest ahead of the summer.

Unread 05-02-2009, 11:20 AM
marlo

hope he signs.

Unread 05-02-2009, 11:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That would make absolutely no sense from MSI's point of view, though. If United paid £10m to take him on a two-year loan, with the knowledge that shortly after the loan finishes he'd be available for next to nothing, why would they even think about starting negotiations for a big-money transfer before then? It's like having a player with two years left on his contract, loaning him out for two seasons and expecting to sell him to that club during the duration of the loan. It makes no sense.
I would agree, but they can't have him on an indefinite contract, he can't just be signed to them until they sell him, clubs can't do that so I wouldn't imagine they can.

United might not have known when his 'deal' with MSI ended when the agreement was put in place, so agreed to a ridiculous fee.

MSI would've been happy as they thought they had guaranteed themselves a massive profit on the player, they might not have envisioned this situation.

All speculation like, I have always been convinced he'll stay.

Unread 05-02-2009, 11:52 AM
S/Side.Red

I've been convinced this is his last season here, and I still believe that to be the case. There will be competition for his signature in the summer, and I get the feeling United may not try hard enough to keep him. I think he's also cut a frustrated figure for much of the season - he's never experienced life as a squad player and I don't think he's reacted particularly well - so he may well decide on a personal level that it's best he moves on should he get a good opportunity elsewhere.

Unread 05-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I don't know about openly, and I'm not sure how much of a say Tevez has in where he goes, but I suspect MSI are exploring other possibilities and have been for a while. These links in the press with Chelsea and City are either coming from those clubs being aware he's available or MSI starting drum up some interest ahead of the summer.
openly as in they might not shout about it but they wouldn't have to be too paranoid about hiding it

links are links as you know they mean £#%&! all - everyone in football knows Tevez is potentially a free agent come summer

Unread 05-02-2009, 11:56 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
openly as in they might not shout about it but they wouldn't have to be too paranoid about hiding it

links are links as you know they mean £#%&! all - everyone in football knows Tevez is potentially a free agent come summer
Of course, but the more stories in the press, the more clubs may feel inclined to beat the rush and start negotiations early. I suspect these growing links with City and Chelsea are further signs that Tevez's people are getting inpatient.

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:01 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Of course, but the more stories in the press, the more clubs may feel inclined to beat the rush and start negotiations early. I suspect these growing links with City and Chelsea are further signs that Tevez's people are getting inpatient.
..or alternatively that these clubs are using their own PR people to try and unsettle one of our boys.

Maradonna could well be key in helping him decide where his future lies, though

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
without wishing to go over old ground

i seriously doubt there are many clubs who plan their transfer strategy based on the %@#$&!s they read in the press

i know that's not what you meant, but it's been common knowledge since Tevez signed that he was only on loan

i would love to see the contracts Tevez has with the various parties - easy to imagine them being these incredibly complex pieces of work but i'd like it to all be %@#$&!s and really he signed them in blood on the back of a tin of corned beef or something

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:10 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
Maradonna could well be key in helping him decide where his future lies, though
Good point. Next season is World Cup year. He'll want to be playing regularly at a high level to insure he gets in the Argentina squad.

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Tumescent Throb

Tevez is joint 5th on total number of United starts this season, with 10 sub apps on top of that as well

not sure what his total minutes are but he's hardly been ignored

where else would he be such a regular starter in such a great team?

he'll be dragged out kicking and screaming if he has to leave imo

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:19 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Good point. Next season is World Cup year. He'll want to be playing regularly at a high level to insure he gets in the Argentina squad.
He needs to start performing for Argentina to be fair, irrespective of his club form. He isn't doing the former so I suspect that may determine whether he's in the starting XI or not.

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Tevez is joint 5th on total number of United starts this season, with 10 sub apps on top of that as well

But we're constantly told he's not getting the games.

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:20 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He needs to start performing for Argentina to be fair, irrespective of his club form. He isn't doing the former so I suspect that may determine whether he's in the starting XI or not.
Probably help his cause if he didn't keep getting sent off

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Probably help his cause if he didn't keep getting sent off
Yup. Don't know why his form for them has been so iffy of late. Some decent competition behind him too so if he doesn't improve I suspect he'll be getting a few splinters.

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Yup. Don't know why his form for them has been so iffy of late. Some decent competition behind him too so if he doesn't improve I suspect he'll be getting a few splinters.
You're not wrong.

Aguero plays and performs as Tevez should/used to, wonderful player.

Him and Messi should be first picks, not sure who the 'number 9' is for Argentina at the mo.

(Being the managers son-in law won't harm Aguero's chances, either)

Unread 05-02-2009, 12:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

It'll be interesting. That stat is fair enough, although it's worth taking into account that it's been a season with lots of players being disrupted by injuries and suspensions, but regardless of how many he's actually started, I think it's the ones he misses which are the real problem. Fact is, when Rooney, Ronaldo and Berbatov are fit, Tevez doesn't tend to start big games. For a player who is used to being the star man wherever he's been, that must be hard to take.

There's no question he's frustrated and probably regards this as an unhappy season. I can't see his situaton changing, personally, but it'll be interesting to see if he's willing to stay under these circumstances or genuinely believe he can change them.
Closed Thread