United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-09-2012, 11:57 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Nah, the club will shankley him off once he decides to step down.
He's take take take isn't he.

Unread 06-09-2012, 11:58 AM
buryboy

Still uncertain about Pep... Would like to see him manage somewhere else first before Utd to be honest as I am still not 100% certain how good he really is as a manager. IMO if I had that array of talent at my disposal then I could run Barcelona and achieve the success he had. When did you have to see him switch tactics, change to a plan B or anything else like that - never really! The team went out and played the same way it always did.... and if the going got tough there was never a plan B because it was the Barca way to play like that. At another club where he doesnt have that amount of talent at his fingertips, we will see what management qualities he has. Just my opinion before someone decides to bite my head off

Unread 06-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Tumescent Throb

Phelan being touted by Ramone and Watcher as United's next manager...

This place

Unread 06-09-2012, 12:00 PM
red @rmy

Pep would do a Keegan again imo.

Far too risky.

Get Jose in, imo.

Unread 06-09-2012, 12:01 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by buryboy
IMO if I had that array of talent at my disposal then I could run Barcelona and achieve the success he had.
Sure you could. Must be a complete coincidence that the same group of players won nothing in the two seasons before he took over and then managed The Treble in his first year.

Unread 06-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Pop

Mourinho is the obvious choice but Guardiola with his dashing suits and big leather brogues are the hotter sexier option.

£#%&! off Mourie.

Unread 06-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Sure you could. Must be a complete coincidence that the same group of players won nothing in the two seasons before he took over and then managed The Treble in his first year.
and while we're at it, well done to the world class Roberto De Matteo for last season

Unread 06-09-2012, 01:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Apparently, The Big Frog is sounding him out for the United gig this summer.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/201209...347016899.html

Guardiola at United, Big Mou (and maybe Ronnie) at City next season
haha yeah alright.

Unread 06-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
could easily be a problem. Any move for midfielders could be blocked by the fiend once he 'goes upstairs' transtlation: sticks his nose in everything.

as for sticking guardiolers as assistant oh I'm sure he'd be honoured. He wiped the floor with us twice in the biggest game in the club calender and you want him to be assitant to someone who can't even set up a midfield?

Unread 06-09-2012, 02:19 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
how dare you insult me btw.

what a bender :bi:

Unread 06-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes

what a bender :bi:
reported for homophobia and insults.

Unread 06-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Cream

Quote:
reported for homophobia and insults.
Big Dawg.

Unread 06-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Jerry the Berry

Big Peppers would be the perfect choice, I still think he'll go back to Barca though

Unread 06-09-2012, 04:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Bit meh on Guardiola.

Rather have Mourinho in charge, just think Guardiola will struggle wherever he goes.
If indeed Ronnie is going where Mourinho does, its a no-brainer I'm afraid. Sorry, Pep

Unread 06-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Still uncertain about Pep... Would like to see him manage somewhere else first before Utd to be honest as I am still not 100% certain how good he really is as a manager. IMO if I had that array of talent at my disposal then I could run Barcelona and achieve the success he had. When did you have to see him switch tactics, change to a plan B or anything else like that - never really! The team went out and played the same way it always did.... and if the going got tough there was never a plan B because it was the Barca way to play like that. At another club where he doesnt have that amount of talent at his fingertips, we will see what management qualities he has. Just my opinion before someone decides to bite my head off
Man management is every bit as important as tactics.

Unread 06-09-2012, 04:35 PM
armchair

I'd much prefer Pep. Love Jose but not crazy about his football.

Unread 06-09-2012, 04:39 PM
PaulParkers

The club is £#%&!ed after Ferguson goes regardless of who we get it. We will lose any identity we had and will just become a big bag of cat shit.

Unread 06-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Zorg

Though I wouldn't go as far as buryboy, there is a question over whether Guardiola will be as successful in his next job. Maybe he will. Then again, he might not be. On the other hand, he could well be.

Unread 06-09-2012, 04:44 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Yes. And the talent of the men you manage.

Unread 06-09-2012, 04:46 PM
Argentina

Quote:
could easily be a problem. Any move for midfielders could be blocked by the fiend once he 'goes upstairs' transtlation: sticks his nose in everything.

as for sticking guardiolers as assistant oh I'm sure he'd be honoured. He wiped the floor with us twice in the biggest game in the club calender and you want him to be assitant to someone who can't even set up a midfield?
Laughable isn't it.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
And it's not remotely true. He sets his teams up to attack and doesn't change from that in big games a la Ferguson. And of course he had the players at his disposal, just like Ferguson did in mid to late 90s, and then he had to buy.
Pep might at least come in and look to develop the youth system into a world beater on a regular basis, not just once every 42 years.

And the bit about having no plan B. He virtually created the 4-2-3-1's fluid change-around into 3-4-3 and in the big games against Mourinho, he would outfox him time and time again with proactive system changes. Valencia also tried playing with 2 left backs to counter Danny Alves but Pep tweaked his system to exploit the spaces elsewhere that that created.
Closed Thread