United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Barcabal

Newcastle are more than capable ffs. Its City , even so they wont build no dynasties, they are not capable.

Unread 01-05-2012, 02:12 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Saffers
you are a virus. i want you dead. unfortunately for you i'll be working 50 miles off your shore. when i get chance, i will "pop onshore" and slaughter you, and everyone you love.

trust me, its coming

bear that in mind

Unread 01-05-2012, 07:37 AM
MUFC One Love

If city go and win at Newcastle they deserve it, it's a tough game for them with huge pressure.

Unread 01-05-2012, 08:10 AM
buryboy

Was Kompany's booking his 5th of the season?? And if so, does that rule him out of Sunday's game??

Unread 01-05-2012, 08:26 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:02 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by buryboy
Was Kompany's booking his 5th of the season?? And if so, does that rule him out of Sunday's game??
Think you need 10 bookings at this stage of the season for a suspension

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Part 36 Offer

not a £#%&!ing prayer

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:16 AM
dunk

Even if we did end up with the title, at this point it would be £#%&!ing embarrassing. I'd rather they got this one, we learnt our lesson and improved the team sufficiently to ensure they don't get another one without a £#%&!ing fight. Us winning this one and papering over the cracks, again, would be seriously detrimental.

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Ginners

newcastles season will be over after the chelsea game, so no chance. the fact they got dicked 4-0 by wigan doesnt offer much hope anyway tbh.

just got to hold your hands up and say city deserve it more than us this season

we'll be back

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
newcastles season will be over after the chelsea game, so no chance. the fact they got dicked 4-0 by wigan doesnt offer much hope anyway tbh.

just got to hold your hands up and say city deserve it more than us this season

we'll be back
Chelsea aren't going to be going all out when they've got the cup final on Saturday are they?

I'm not saying Newcastle will get anything against the berties, just that they could still be in with a chance of 4th.

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:23 AM
saffers

City do deserve it, they're not a great team but neither are we. £500m in 3 years or not - If we don't win the league then we cant really feel like we've been robbed by refs or did't get what we deserved when we lost out on titles with superior teams.

City couldn't have had complaints had we won it either, even with a double over us, their away form has been pitiful for most of the season and in general havent played well since November.

Last night showed why both teams were a joke in Europe this season.

Unread 01-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Chelsea aren't going to be going all out when they've got the cup final on Saturday are they?

I'm not saying Newcastle will get anything against the berties, just that they could still be in with a chance of 4th.
finishing 4th is more important to them than the cup imo, got a decent squad so can rotate anyway.

Unread 01-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Captain Marvel

It's football, it's £#%&!ing City, who knows anything can happen.

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel
It's football, it's £#%&!ing City, who knows anything can happen.
Blue mate round the house last night - he thinks they'll gub the Jawdies, he's more worried about Mark Hughes making a name for himself on the last day.

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:32 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
City do deserve it, they're not a great team but neither are we. £500m in 3 years or not - If we don't win the league then we cant really feel like we've been robbed by refs or did't get what we deserved when we lost out on titles with superior teams.

City couldn't have had complaints had we won it either, even with a double over us, their away form has been pitiful for most of the season and in general havent played well since November.

Last night showed why both teams were a joke in Europe this season.
Except for Newcastle at home, of course.......

But that wouldn't matter if we had turned up against Blackburn. Or Wigan. Or last £#%&!ing night

Unread 01-05-2012, 11:50 AM
buryboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Think you need 10 bookings at this stage of the season for a suspension
Ah well.... was clutching at straws

Unread 01-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Pop

City's record at St James Park since returning to the Premier League:

P12 W4 D2 L6

Although they won three of their last four games there

Unread 01-05-2012, 02:31 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

2-2 DRAW

United to Win 6-0

Unread 01-05-2012, 02:34 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
City's record at St James Park since returning to the Premier League:

P12 W4 D2 L6

Although they won three of their last four games there
i've never understood people's obsession with stats like that.

the nature of football is that teams change personnel and rotate players.... so a team that plays one season could be very different to the team that plays the next...

why therefore do people say City have a poor record at SJP, when it's a whole different bunch of players playing? same with this theory that united always come in to their own after xmas.... how can that be when the teams involved are completely different?

Unread 01-05-2012, 02:39 PM
The Watcher

Why are you lot doing this to yourselves. It's over, finished, done. Newcastle are nothing special, there's no way City won't batter them. You really think they'll let it slip again, especially after beating us?

We'll probably get the runaround from Swansea ffs
Closed Thread