United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Ruud, is he a legend?
Yes 30 55.56%
No 24 44.44%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 18-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

He's barely been gone 5 minutes.

And even though he was a tremendous goal-scorer he never really did anything miraculous.

He scored in a record number of games on the trot, scored a shit load in Europe, and helped us win the league.

Not a legend, then. Give it 25 years and he'll be up there with Pancho

Unread 18-04-2008, 08:35 PM
jackth3lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
one of the greatest goal scorers in recent years but takes more than that to be a Utd legend ffs.

Biggest reason he isnt a legend in my eyes is his behaviour as he was on the way out. Disgraceful. His performance vs Arsenal in the FA cup final when we dominated with 10 men but failed to score - worst performance I have ever seen from a Utd player. I have never been more disgusted with players, they can panic and make horrendous mistakes or do stupid shit like Barthez but they CANNOT stroll around like a slapped arse in a cup final not giving a £#%&! if we win or not.

and when we did win a cup he walked away from our celebrations.

ironically people are saying they dont like his comments after leaving - what? if anything his comments after leaving have almost made me forgive him, always speaks kindly of utd and his time here and how he wants us to win and he almost sounds like a fan and one of us in those moments. its endearing stuff - but then you see him working his socks off in a madrid shirt and remember how he couldnt be bothered here and that to me was a betrayal.
he is the nearest player we have had since the king left,{and i mean denis law}

Unread 18-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

Big Girl's Blouse
Giggs and Ronaldo vs Arsenal.

Unread 18-04-2008, 08:38 PM
jackth3lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Are you sure you are 55?

Your use of grammar is awful.

You must be senile too because what I said in that post was fact, is it not?
yeah im 55 sorry about the grammer,and u didnt answer my q

Unread 18-04-2008, 08:39 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackth3lad
yeah im 55 sorry about the grammer,and u didnt answer my q
I am 24 babe. xx

Unread 18-04-2008, 08:43 PM
jackth3lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I am 24 babe. xx
24 and clueless

Unread 18-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
as usual more shite from you, the time was right for him to leave when he did.
Our worst years since pre-Eric were while he played. That tells you all you need to know.

Unread 18-04-2008, 08:45 PM
koppas

Quote:
24 and clueless
What I said was fact.

You can't deny it.

Have we won the league every year since he left? Yes.

Now get to bed gramps.

Unread 18-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
Our worst years since pre-Eric were while he played. That tells you all you need to know.

and it was all Ruud's fault actually Keano was the real reason

lets face it you're clueless

Unread 18-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:

Not all his fault - as you say the ageing Keane was also partly to blame. It was a real flag day when those 2 moaning has-beens £#%&!ed off - we haven't looked back since.

Unread 18-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Ether

Legend. The fact that all the top reds hate him now makes me love him even more. Fickle @#%&!s, calling him horseface etc, sound like £#%&!ing scousers.

Hopefully he'll get the chance to come back to OT some day and get the reception he deserves.

Unread 18-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Luffy

Quote:
he is the nearest player we have had since the king left,{and i mean denis law}
but he isnt the king is he? nor has he left anywhere near such a lasting impression. Theres a reason we (the fans) have animosity towards him.

legends have to play in great teams and in great matches and produce great moments. Ruud never had his really and our team never played fantastic football with him in it. whats his best goal? scored anything which took your breathe away? it all came against weaker opposition really and when it mattered he couldnt raise his game enough to contribute to our football.

before his rushed return against Milan we were playing the best football in europe with giggs, rooney and ronaldo leading the front line.

Unread 18-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Luffy

Quote:

keano held us back cos he grew old and shit

ruud held us back cos he was sulking and being a bitch

big £#%&!ing difference if you ask me.

Unread 18-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
before his rushed return against Milan we were playing the best football in europe with giggs, rooney and ronaldo leading the front line.
Bringing him in for that match was arguably Ferguson's greatest ever mistake.

Unread 18-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Bringing him in for that match was arguably Ferguson's greatest ever mistake.

thought he came on as a sub when we were 1 down

Unread 18-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Ether

Quote:
Biggest reason he isnt a legend in my eyes is his behaviour as he was on the way out. Disgraceful. His performance vs Arsenal in the FA cup final when we dominated with 10 men but failed to score - worst performance I have ever seen from a Utd player.
You don't half talk some shite. That wasn't when he was on his way out, it was a full year before he left. Worst performance ever, get a grip. He missed one sitter right at the end, but other than that there was nothing about his performance to garner such a ridiculous over-reaction from you. He even scored his penalty believe it or not.

Unread 18-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Sloppy

Im sure Sir Alex posts on here with multi log ins.

Unread 18-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Ether

Quote:
They led the line against Milan at home before Ruud came on as a sub, and looked completely out of their depth. And Ruud got us to that match in the first place, scored something ridiculous like 8 goals in the group stages.

Unread 18-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
They led the line against Milan at home before Ruud came on as a sub, and looked completely out of their depth. And Ruud got us to that match in the first place, scored something ridiculous like 8 goals in the group stages.
But he wasn't fit for the Milan matches - and certainly shouldn't have started the 2nd leg. SAF always showed a lot of loyalty towards RVN - and frankly that was not returned.

Unread 18-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
But he wasn't fit for the Milan matches - and certainly shouldn't have started the 2nd leg. SAF always showed a lot of loyalty towards RVN - and frankly that was not returned.
what are you going on about now you mong
Closed Thread