Unread 18-04-2008, 05:14 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
unlucky
It must get confusing.

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:15 PM
chorleyred

yes, and I don't agree with you on any of your points except for shooting from distance, and park doesn't really do shooting from distance

on any other field park wins hands down

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
yes, and I don't agree with you on any of your points except for shooting from distance, and park doesn't really do shooting from distance

on any other field park wins hands down
So you think Park's faster than Richardson?? Brilliant stuff. Keep it up.

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:17 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Yes, that is irrelevant, because nobody has made the point that Richardson should be playing for United over Park.

well you state that richardson is technically far superior to park, that to me suggests you think he is as good if not better than ji sung?

did you ever watch richardon in a united shirt?

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:18 PM
chorleyred

Quote:

not much use if you can't keep up with the ball as you knock it out of play all the time. next?

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:20 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield

of course it was you thick illiterate @#%&!

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:21 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Giorgios Donis was faster than Ryan Giggs.

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Ether

Quote:
not much use if you can't keep up with the ball as you knock it out of play all the time. next?
Firstly, that has nothing to do with actual pace though does it? And secondly, have you ever watched Park dribble?

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:23 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Giorgios Donis was faster than Ryan Giggs.

to be honest who gives a £#%&!, these two have different views on football to most people I know, they're a couple of strange lads to be honest.

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:25 PM
Ether

Quote:
well you state that richardson is technically far superior to park, that to me suggests you think he is as good if not better than ji sung?

did you ever watch richardon in a united shirt?
A good player is more than the sum of his parts. I've said on here before that Richardson showed glimpses that he had all the tools to be a United player, he just never put it together. With the right attitude and a better football brain he could have been a decent winger for us.

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:26 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Firstly, that has nothing to do with actual pace though does it? And secondly, have you ever watched Park dribble?

pace is only good if you have the nous to use it to your advantage. richardson never did

park may not be the quickest, and he's by no means slow but I'm sure I'd rely on park getting good service to my striker than richardson

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Ether

Quote:
to be honest who gives a £#%&!, these two have different views on football to most people I know, they're a couple of strange lads to be honest.
What are my views on football exactly you £#%&!ing berk

At least I've never made a thread slating Scholes eh

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Ether

Quote:
pace is only good if you have the nous to use it to your advantage. richardson never did
I completely agree, and I never said otherwise?

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:28 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
A good player is more than the sum of his parts. I've said on here before that Richardson showed glimpses that he had all the tools to be a United player, he just never put it together. With the right attitude and a better football brain he could have been a decent winger for us.

With tons more pace, lots more skill, better pass selection, a better attitude, a better engine and a better hair-cut, Paul Warhurst would have been a great signing for us.

If my aunty had %@#$&!s and that.

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:29 PM
chorleyred

Quote:

he showed glimpses of being a good player at wba, I never saw glimpses of anything special in a united shirt, he was absolute gash.

short memories. yes at wba he looked good, saved them from relegation, but that doesn't mean that was what he was like for united

if he had been seen as having a chance of being a top player he wouldn't be at sunderland now, he'd be at a top 10 club in the prem

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:33 PM
chorleyred

anyway, I'm glad wesley is staying.

how the £#%&! vio managed to turn this into a richardson thread I'm not sure.

I'm off to the pub for a couple of hours

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:38 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:

I'm off to the pub for a couple of hours
you sound drunk already though

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:39 PM
chorleyred

nah, just pissed at you fella

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Ffs, do you understand what technically means you £#%&!ing moron.
[SIZE="3"]Technique

football techniques, in no particular order, include:

pass, trap, tackle, head, shoot, throw-in

[SIZE="3"]Football Brain

what makes one player better than the next?

his basic overall status as a player might be judged by the way he is able to accomplish these techniques to take account of, in no particular order again:

movement - of himself, his team-mates, and the opposition
spacial awareness - see above and add in vision and balance, where balance is the act of taking advantage of the point of balance of the players around you rather than the ability to stay on your feet
speed of thought - how close to automatically can the player carry out these tasks repeatedly during a game to maximum effect

[SIZE="3"]Nous

Doing the right thing at the right time as often as possible
Keeping your head when all around you are losing theirs, possibly - and sometimes necessarily - as a direct result of you

[SIZE="3"]State of the Art

finally we come to what sets apart the comparitively excellent from the absolute best:

creativity and imagination - these players have all of the above, but they use it in a way that cannot be taught; they see things that cannot be written down. They are Pele, Cruyff, Maradona, Best, Puskas, Di Stefano. They are Baresi and Zico. They are Beckenbauer. They are Zidane and Platini. They are Ronaldo.

Unread 18-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Cannot understand it either. I sense it is probably a covert operation launched by the Stooges- sign wes up and we don't need a new right back. Also, cash in on Pique as he is likely to want to go after his direct competition for a place signs a new long term deal given opportunities have been limited anyway. Not gutted Wes is staying by any means but he is still a liability in an otherwise world class back four/five (inc VDS). New long term deal for Saha in the offing?
Agreed. Brown is still a level below the rest of our defence, and I would like to see a new right-back bought.

I also think Foster should replace VDS next season. VDS's recent form has been good, but he is past his best.
Closed Thread