United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He is in the mid-level of earners at OT, and towards the bottom of that scale too, on around £55k. When you consider he has played more games than anyone else this season, and played well in them, in the main, it seems fair to me.

I will ask the question again, would you have any of the following ahead of Wes?

Senderos
Hoyte
Djourou
Traore
Song
Ben Haim
Belletti
Ferreira
Alex
Hyypia
Arbeloa
Finnan
Skrtel
Aurelio
Carragher
what is that supposed to show Dunk? I wouldn't have thought we would ever sign any of those half-wits? I am merely talking about signing a world class right back - no? Wes is not world class imo, the rest of the defence is. I love Wes Brown but United is about constant improvement?

Unread 18-04-2008, 12:50 PM
wiganste

If his name was Wes Browninho, some wouldn't have a problem with him.

I'm glad he's staying.

Unread 18-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Of the 28 goals United have conceded this season (including the Charity Shield) how many have been down to Wes Brown?

You take your time before you answer now won't you boys.

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
if you were look at things deeper than the surface the only thing thats really been impressive about wes this season has been his fitness.
i would agree with that in part. He has had maybe 2 or 3 good games, about 25 decent games and the rest shaky. Look at how many excellent performances Paddy has put in or how many great showings Gaz Nev used to put in. Gary Neville is a different level to Wes imo. Shame as Wes loves the banter and drills pure birds.

red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
why do you bother putting "I don't understand..." at the start of your football posts?
Or more to the point, anything after it.

Unread 18-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

I'm glad he's staying.
perhaps but not me. I am being constructive. You will find praise from me about him on here but it is a position that can be improved upon.

marlo stansfield

and if we sign a new rb what sort of money will he start demanding if our squad player is on £55k a week.

next season id even like to see pique and evans as our stand in cb's meaning that wes brown will be either our first choice rb or squad rb. he sint good enough for the former and paid too much to be the latter.

Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
what is that supposed to show Dunk? I wouldn't have thought we would ever sign any of those half-wits? I am merely talking about signing a world class right back - no? Wes is not world class imo, the rest of the defence is. I love Wes Brown but United is about constant improvement?
so you would like Vidic replaced as well by this definition? after all, he's hardly world class compared with Ferdinand, is he now.

Unread 18-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Jack Duckworth

good news all round this.

re brown: i agree he is nothing more than a capable squad member, but if we let him go for nothing, we'd only spend 4-5m on a replacement who would be on around 50k a week.

i believe our american friends refer to it as a 'no brainer'.

Unread 18-04-2008, 12:55 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:

I'm glad he's staying.
nothing to do with him being english.

id be very happy if we sold him and got in glen johnson who is english.

the point here is offereing someone a huge contract who even after one season hasnt convinced us after one season he is good enough to be our permanent rb.

the fact pique started at cb ahead of him says something else as well.

Unread 18-04-2008, 12:55 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
perhaps but not me. I am being constructive. You will find praise from me about him on here but it is a position that can be improved upon.
Let's look at it this way. Wes has been an important member of the TEAM (not squad) this season that has conceded next to £#%&! all in the league and in Europe. He hasn't got the credit he deserves, imo of course.

If we can improve at right back, then so be it. Isn't it good to have a couple of quality players fighting over one position?

Unread 18-04-2008, 12:57 PM
wiganste

Quote:
nothing to do with him being english.

id be very happy if we sold him and got in glen johnson who is english.

the point here is offereing someone a huge contract who even after one season hasnt convinced us after one season he is good enough to be our permanent rb.

the fact pique started at cb ahead of him says something else as well.

You're right. It says Pique can't play at right back, you £#%&!ing plum.

Glen Johnson? Leave the meths alone eh?

Unread 18-04-2008, 12:57 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
If we can improve at right back, then so be it. Isn't it good to have a couple of quality players fighting over one position?
improving at rb would means signing a player like glen johnson.

he would demand £60k a week as he will be first choice. what next if a average squad player is earning 55k+ a week.

wes would also be a squad player at any club in the top 6.

Unread 18-04-2008, 12:59 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
You're right. It says Pique can't play at right back, you £#%&!ing plum.

Glen Johnson? Leave the meths alone eh?
pique played right back last season didnt he. and he has played there for the reserves etc.

wes in naturally a cb. vidic is out. jos and gp can do a job at rb(not as if wes is treating us to a masterclass in that position)....

i think wes will be sold by the end of next season. this is his golden handshake. there is no way the club can be this stupid.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
so you would like Vidic replaced as well by this definition? after all, he's hardly world class compared with Ferdinand, is he now.
Vidic is consistently good and is often our best defender in matches. He can put in world class performances even if he is not on par with Ferdinand talent wise. I have never seen Wes Brown put in a world class performance. His best performance for me was still vs Juve at RB. I still rate him though but Ferguson must be thinking Gary Neville has enough to re establish himself as number 1 right back at the club as he obviously does not see Wes as a guaranteed first team choice. Nothing personal against Wes, I am actually glad he is staying.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Let's look at it this way. Wes has been an important member of the TEAM (not squad) this season that has conceded next to £#%&! all in the league and in Europe. He hasn't got the credit he deserves, imo of course.

i agree.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
good news all round this.

re brown: i agree he is nothing more than a capable squad member, but if we let him go for nothing, we'd only spend 4-5m on a replacement who would be on around 50k a week.

i believe our american friends refer to it as a 'no brainer'.
that is my opinion really i was just trying to think outside my box.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:03 PM
wiganste

Quote:
pique played right back last season didnt he. and he has played there for the reserves etc.

wes in naturally a cb. vidic is out. jos and gp can do a job at rb(not as if wes is treating us to a masterclass in that position)....

i think wes will be sold by the end of next season. this is his golden handshake. there is no way the club can be this stupid.
But we're short on right backs. Wes is better at right back than Pique.

I'm not even getting in to this with you.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:04 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
But we're short on right backs. Wes is better at right back than Pique.

and obviously not in his preferred position.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:04 PM
red red robbo

Quote:

And mine.

Only Rio has played more minutes of premiership football this season and that's only just.

Wes has featured in all but two league games (and only 7 minutes in one other). He has been a key part of what will hopefully be a championship winning team.
Closed Thread