United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2008, 01:53 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Whatever he spent on Reyes (don't know why your speculation is any more accurate than anyone else's) it was a shit signing and possibly the reason Wenger hasn't got the balls to spend big on players these days. He took a major risk on a player who really didn't stand a chance of adapting off the field.
I think there's something to that. Reyes was the one he went on about 40 separate scouting trips and and even wore disguises. To have spent that much time and effort and got it so horribly wrong must have had some effect.

Unread 18-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
we should have a bit perspective when knocking wenger.

Lets stay true to facts and then mock/criticize him. He hasn't spent that much money always. Their highest ever record signings is still wiltord for 11m even though opposition fans want it to be reyes for 17m. They never paid that as it was all part of bonuses. they paid £10m acc to one of their websites.

They couldn't have spent £30m on defender like Rio in their dreams.
So Arsenal get the benefit of the doubt in these performance related transfer fees but we don't?

Fact - we never spent £30m on Rooney, or on Rio, nor did have we spent £17m on Nani or Anderson, nor did we spend £12m on Ronaldo.

We didn't get £25m for Beckham either.

So belt up.

Unread 19-04-2008, 11:10 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
So Arsenal get the benefit of the doubt in these performance related transfer fees but we don't?

Fact - we never spent £30m on Rooney, or on Rio, nor did have we spent £17m on Nani or Anderson, nor did we spend £12m on Ronaldo.

We didn't get £25m for Beckham either.

So belt up.
who said that apart from dumbnuts like you in the media. Carrick so far has cost 16m not 18m.

And SideRed, that was the amount given out to by Arsenal officially. Unless they want to hide figures I think I will believe it, you can believe what you want.

Unread 19-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
who said that apart from dumbnuts like you in the media. Carrick so far has cost 16m not 18m.

And SideRed, that was the amount given out to by Arsenal officially. Unless they want to hide figures I think I will believe it, you can believe what you want.
You have stated that Arsenal only paid £10m for Reyes, yet tried to claim we spent £30m on Rio.

If Reyes was only £10m then, by the same logic, that must make Rio about £23m.

At least be consistent.

Unread 19-04-2008, 11:23 AM
keano's love

Rio's transfer will be paid in full by July this year.

Unread 19-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Erm, the initial contract we signed him on has already expired. Long ago. For us to have paid the full £30m we would have needed to win the title and Champions League for every season of the initial period.

We didn't.

Unread 19-04-2008, 11:27 AM
marlo stansfield

Thumbs up

Quote:
Erm, the initial contract we signed him on has already expired. For us to have paid the full £30m we would have needed to win the title and Champions League for every season of the initial period.

We didn't.
game,set and match.

Unread 19-04-2008, 11:41 AM
SilverSurfer

Quote:

Utter codswallop. During Leeds' financial crisis a few years ago we negotiated a lower one-off final payment for Ferdinand so they could get money up front. It went out to the London Stock Exchange so we know it's true, cos if it wasn't, that's a criminal offence.

Unread 19-04-2008, 11:48 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Erm, the initial contract we signed him on has already expired. Long ago. For us to have paid the full £30m we would have needed to win the title and Champions League for every season of the initial period.

We didn't.
caught by

well thats what i thought. Fair play. But I still use what the actual money was while talking like I do with carick, hargreaves, nani and anderson.

Unread 19-04-2008, 11:49 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
game,set and match.
on that note, been to tennis anywhere?

I see that sampras has been lighting up courts a bit!

Unread 19-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
caught by

well thats what i thought. Fair play. But I still use what the actual money was while talking like I do with carick, hargreaves, nani and anderson.
But not when talking about players bought by Arsenal?

Not an Arsenal fan are you?

Unread 19-04-2008, 11:52 AM
keano's love

Quote:
But not when talking about players bought by Arsenal?

Not an Arsenal fan are you?
No arsenal fan dear. I just talk with a bit of fairness. I think wenger has done a very good job of what he set out to do which even though may not be good as fergie's is a lot better for arsenal fans and neutrals alike.

Unread 19-04-2008, 11:53 AM
keano's love

going out to pub to watch arsenal vs reading, then pissing about and back in by the time united are in. Enjoy. The day united could be champions yet again.

Unread 19-04-2008, 04:10 PM
24hr Leavesey

Reyes cost £17m my friends.

Unread 19-04-2008, 04:17 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Reyes cost £17m my friends.
Strange how the Arse loving media still proclaim Wiltord as the 'record signing' for Arsenal.

I thought Reyes was £17m too.
Closed Thread