United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:19 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
What a load of shite. Butt never let us down. Was never the greatest player going, we all know that. But he would never have made nearly 300 appearances during our most successful period ever if he was 'desperately poor'.

Phil Nev, a Manc, was made captain of a £#%&!ing scouse club after a couple of seasons. Got found out when he left us though apparently

What a bunch of ungrateful @#%&!s you lot are.
Right, perhaps not desperately poor, but in terms of footballing ability, United weren't the level for him.Like I said, great energy, lots of heart and he's a United lad, but let's not shit ourselves, his passing, for the most part, was awful, and he added little or no quality to our side. A good squad player like your Fletcher, but, ultimately, not quite good enough.

I've not said Phil was found out when he left.He has excelled at Everton, but again, his ability is limited, and, apart from being a bit-part player, was never going to be a mainstay in a side of Uniteds quality.

I've met both lads, and they were gents.and am eternally greatful that they like all the rest played a part in one of our grestest sides, but lets not let that cloud our judgment when discussing their footballing ability.

and for what it's worth, i disagree with the original poster.You can't have a squad of Keanes and Scholes.You need your grafters and lads who can slot in when needed, much like your Fletchers and O Sheas of todays squad.

Unread 18-04-2008, 02:48 AM
armchair

Often the time rk was injured or suspended Nicky did a quietly efficient job in mf.

Don't quote me on this but 'people' felt they could 'trust him in midfield'

Unread 18-04-2008, 05:30 AM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Quote:
What a load of shite. Butt never let us down. Was never the greatest player going, we all know that. But he would never have made nearly 300 appearances during our most successful period ever if he was 'desperately poor'.

Phil Nev, a Manc, was made captain of a £#%&!ing scouse club after a couple of seasons. Got found out when he left us though apparently

nothing to add, m'lud

Unread 18-04-2008, 06:06 AM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
didn't mind Neville P as a squad player but Butt was/is £#%&!in gash
I'm with this @#%&!.

Unread 18-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Gazw649

Both hard working. Both failed to learn how to pass a football.

Unread 18-04-2008, 10:50 AM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazw649
Both hard working. Both failed to learn how to pass a football.

And i'm with this @#%&!

Unread 18-04-2008, 11:01 AM
dodger

Thumbs up

Quote:

Good lad. Some people forget that United "legends" like Robson, Whiteside etc were playing in and part of a full strength side that got knocked out of the cup to Bournemouth. What would be made of them in light of these attitudes?

I remember when Phil Neville first came into the side he was keeping Dennis Irwin out on form. Yes it was nearing the end of the season and I would never say Pip was a better player then Iriwin but the truth was he was playing better at that time...and at left back.
Butt was also a good player for us. Yes, he did tail off towards the end of his united career but that's hardly surprising.

Unread 18-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling

Quite right! He's only done a job for us all season
He's been carried by the best CB pairing and best LB in the country.

He never gets forward yet still manages to be caught out of position, as he was several times on Sunday, as he was several times at Boro, as he has on many other occassions this season.

Look at his attempt to set up Fabregas early in the game on Sunday.

Look at who it was who let Bendtner round the back for each of his chances on Sunday.

He is scared of the ball, has no positional sense, can't head the ball properly (closes his eyes and heads it with the top of his head... paid off against Liverpool but not against Boro),

But he is from Longsight and puts in the odd hard tackle so he must be alright.

Unread 18-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver

At the top level, however, both were shite and were found out as soon as they were £#%&!ed off.

Good grief.

Over 530 United first team appearances and 100 Englans caps between them.

Unread 18-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Good grief.

Over 530 United first team appearances and 100 Englans caps between them.

indicative of the forum half the time

Unread 18-04-2008, 10:08 PM
HarkNowHear

both decent lads to have around

compared to some of the real shite that have worn the shirt, they were both world class

think about it

Unread 18-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Didn't Pele pronounce Sir Nicholas as the best player at the 2002 World Cup ??

Unread 18-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
For the record I've never seen a United player more frightened of the ball than Wesley Brown. And he has good reason to be scared of it as it shows him up for the donkey he is.
What a load of %@#$&!s

Quote:
I'm off to bed.
Do us all a favour and leave your gas on.

Unread 18-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
What a load of %@#$&!s

Somebody rattled your cage Kim?

Unread 18-04-2008, 10:34 PM
revanoz

Phil Neville has found his level at Everton and Nicky Butt was a decent squad player but never good enough to command a first team place at United.

Unread 18-04-2008, 10:55 PM
chorleyred

Quote:

I'm shocked, I actually agree with you

Unread 18-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
In a top mood as it goes, despite my 5 a side team of coffin dodgers getting our arses handed to us this evening I managed to blag a nosh off the ball and chain. A rare occurence thesedays indeed.

But to hear that %@#$&!s abour our Wesley who put in 40 odd appearances this season (one of our best ever) rattles my cage. I'd like to rattle the @#%&!s head off a wall.

Unread 18-04-2008, 11:04 PM
Spiffy

They're both decent hard working Premiership standard footballers who didn't let us down. They may not have been star quality but they did what was asked most of the time. You can't knock either really. They've even kept their mouths shut since leaving.

Having said all that, in answer to the original question, they were at the right place at the right time too. If they didn't come through the youth team, could you see us putting in a bid for either of them? Could you see them having their trophy haul elsewhere? They weren't instrumental to our success but our success probably wouldn't have happened without them. We could probably found players of equal ability easily enough though, IMHO.

Unread 18-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

That's quite tame for him

Unread 18-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
He's been carried by the best CB pairing and best LB in the country.

He never gets forward....
So the right-back of the best defence statistically that United has ever had is being carried by the left-back

And Brown never gets forward. Yeah right.

Even a clueless abu @#%&! such as yourself couldn't make this shit up.

Admit it, you read Red Issue. Either that or you're actually Marlo.
Closed Thread