United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-12-2017, 02:51 PM
Denis Irwell

Wasn’t Bernstein a director a good few years b@ck? Then he’s on The town hall mob helping them settle in and now he’s actually working for them. Original Bernstein might’ve been a relative

Unread 19-12-2017, 02:54 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Wasn’t Bernstein a director a good few years b@ck? Then he’s on The town hall mob helping them settle in and now he’s actually working for them. Original Bernstein might’ve been a relative
If only Woodward would go and work for them as well.

Unread 19-12-2017, 03:22 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
Not too many negatives with the investment in the City tbf. Manchester has been a hovel for years with surface car parks galore scattered around the fringes. They are also demolishing that retail park montrosity on Ancoats Street.

There are some quality builds going up in Manc at the moment, even without the Arab boys getting properly started
Those car parks are, or rather were, used by the ordinary working people who could park for the day for a reasonable fee. The majority have been replaced by glass box monstrosities meaning that it is increasingly difficult, soon to be impossible to park up at all. I had to pay £25 to park in sponningfields the other day (how I hate Spinningfields).

Manchester City centre is an absolute eyesore. There has not been one decent building built in the past ten years, just block after block of shitty flats and identikit office towers owned, staffed, and lived in by the out of town middle classes while the shitty estates get shittier. And that £#%&!ing hipster paradise the £#%&!ing northern quarter can £#%&! off too.

All the things that once made Manchester different have gone. It could be anywhere now. Mind you, looking back with an ageing eye this thing sthat made Manchester different when I was young were pretty £#%&!ing shit anyway.

It’s expensive, it’s ugly, the weather is shit, it’s full of £#%&!ers, and it’s violent. In short. It’s £#%&! and I cannot wait to £#%&! off.

Unread 19-12-2017, 03:24 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Those car parks are, or rather were, used by the ordinary working people who could park for the day for a reasonable fee. The majority have been replaced by glass box monstrosities meaning that it is increasingly difficult, soon to be impossible to park up at all. I had to pay £25 to park in sponningfields the other day (how I hate Spinningfields).

Manchester City centre is an absolute eyesore. There has not been one decent building built in the past ten years, just block after block of shitty flats and identikit office towers owned, staffed, and lived in by the out of town middle classes while the shitty estates get shittier. And that £#%&!ing hipster paradise the £#%&!ing northern quarter can £#%&! off too.

All the things that once made Manchester different have gone. It could be anywhere now. Mind you, looking back with an ageing eye this thing sthat made Manchester different when I was young were pretty £#%&!ing shit anyway.

It’s expensive, it’s ugly, the weather is shit, it’s full of £#%&!ers, and it’s violent. In short. It’s £#%&! and I cannot wait to £#%&! off.
Flouncing?

Unread 19-12-2017, 03:26 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Flouncing?
For shure.

I forgot to mention the impossibility of moving about the place any time you actually need to. Traffic - shit. Trams - a moving metal box of @#%&!s.

Unread 19-12-2017, 03:50 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

Unread 19-12-2017, 04:02 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
you sound like a fanny

Unread 19-12-2017, 04:54 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
If only Woodward would go and work for them as well.

Unread 19-12-2017, 11:29 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

Please put your hands together for tonight's tour guide, irk.

Some truth bombs there nqat. The new high rises behind atlas had car parks that were about 3 pound to park all day midweek just a couple of years ago. Wont even consider driving in now.

Unread 20-12-2017, 08:22 AM
thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878

Please put your hands together for tonight's tour guide, irk.

Some truth bombs there nqat. The new high rises behind atlas had car parks that were about 3 pound to park all day midweek just a couple of years ago. Wont even consider driving in now.
Yeah, shame we lost them huge swathes of brownfield land. Certainly put Manchester up there with some of Europe’s iconic cities.

Unread 20-12-2017, 10:33 AM
irk

Quote:
Yeah, shame we lost them huge swathes of brownfield land. Certainly put Manchester up there with some of Europe’s iconic cities.

“You simply must visit Manchester. The array of Chinese billionaire funded buy to let tower blocks are just sublime.”

Unread 20-12-2017, 10:46 AM
est.1878

Quote:

Iconic or identikit

Unread 20-12-2017, 10:59 AM
thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Iconic or identikit
I’d say Manchester is emerging as pretty iconic. It’s having millions invested into, with new areas expanding the city outwards. More people are visiting than ever, so I don’t really see an issue tbh.

Our cities in this country have been run down shit tips for decades due to the amount of backward @#%&!s inhabiting them. Crying cause your 3 pound s day surface car park has paved way for development ffs

Hopefully gentrification gets rid of the unbearable malcontents for good!

City’s owners

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:03 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Any destinations in mind irkles? still can't fathom that you stayed in the criminal defence game instead of the relatively straight forward transition into trust management and affluence on an offshore paradise.........still not too late

As for the berts, how are the plaything of a tyrannical autocracy not only getting a free ride from the media, but a sickeningly fawning £#%&!athon

Unread 20-12-2017, 11:15 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Any destinations in mind irkles? still can't fathom that you stayed in the criminal defence game instead of the relatively straight forward transition into trust management and affluence on an offshore paradise.........still not too late

As for the berts, how are the plaything of a tyrannical autocracy not only getting a free ride from the media, but a sickeningly fawning £#%&!athon
Would you trust someone of my breeding with your money? Nuff said.

Unread 20-12-2017, 12:02 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Would you trust someone of my breeding with your money? Nuff said.
Faced with a choice twixt irk or jem, I'm depositing in the middleton massive (even the latest version)

Unread 20-12-2017, 12:12 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Faced with a choice twixt irk or jem, I'm depositing in the middleton massive (even the latest version)
Wouldn't be the first time.

Unread 20-12-2017, 12:39 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

As ever, it’s complicated. Most cities outside of London would be crying out for investment on the scale that’s going on in Manchester. It’s just that it’s all quite shit. And it’s quite shit for a number of reasons.

Firstly you have the relatively new medium of institutional investment in housing together with a ridiculous overseas appetitive for uk property - you add to that an insane pressure from government for copious amounts of new housing investment, pressure on the shires to resist green belt policy change, a weak planning system when deliberating over design v investment issues leading developers to invest in redeveloping very expensive city centre sites with identical crap apartments.

The type of shit soup that everyone claims is a success but it still made out of shit.

I agree though, Manchester has gone down hill. But tbf, I find most cities increasingly ugly places.

Unread 20-12-2017, 12:47 PM
Sparky***

Manchester is a major city and like most major cities in western europe it's going to suffer from bad areas, crime, expensive prices and over crowding.

The real problem here is we have for a long time prostituted our cities to the highest bidders from everywhere. It's why you get all these s£#%&!y apartment blocks with half the flats empty because the buyers will never set foot in the country.

Any spare piece of land in a community that can be built on is being sold off to prospectors to keep building these towering glass blocks of shite.

Unread 20-12-2017, 12:50 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
pressure on the shires to resist green belt policy change
£#%&! them. build on it. our very own "Mega City One"
Closed Thread