United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2008, 10:27 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
C'mon, it was always gonna be a tough game and we'd have won it but for a gordon Banks performance by Freidel.

i knew it was going to be tough fixture, i predicted a draw from the off.... but it still doesn't stop me worrying that we are going to £#%&! up in another game before the end of the season... chelsea has got disaster written all over it...

Unread 22-04-2008, 10:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
i knew it was going to be tough fixture, i predicted a draw from the off.... but it still doesn't stop me worrying that we are going to £#%&! up in another game before the end of the season... chelsea has got disaster written all over it...
This place is addicted to gloom.

Unread 22-04-2008, 10:29 AM
wee man

Quote:
Without 3/4 of our defence injured this time though eh?
absolutely

Unread 22-04-2008, 10:30 AM
elhombre

Quote:
This place is addicted to gloom.

it's a defense mechanism.

Unread 22-04-2008, 10:31 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopskipjump
you betting on that?
cant see us getting £#%&! all over there mate ..

Unread 22-04-2008, 10:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
it's a defense mechanism.
Oh I know, the ridiculous idea that actually being positive in any way about the team you support in some way jinxes that team is very prevalent on here.

Unread 22-04-2008, 10:44 AM
Mr_Ed

Thing is that they will let us play and we do better against most of the teams who let us do this.

We need a cast iron game from the back four and I think Wes is a bit of a bottler sometimes.

Unread 22-04-2008, 10:48 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Thing is that they will let us play and we do better against most of the teams who let us do this.

We need a cast iron game from the back four and I think Wes is a bit of a bottler sometimes.
Harsh on Wes and Rio is superb in big games these days anyway. I'd rather have our back 4 than theirs.

Unread 22-04-2008, 11:00 AM
keano's love

vds
wes--rio--vidic--evra
--------carrick------
--hargreaves---anderson---
---nani-------------rooney--
----------Cristiano----------

Unread 22-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Stickman

Hargo wont be man marking Messi.

Rooney will.

and it will work.

Unread 22-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Hargo wont be man marking Messi.

Rooney will.

and it will work.
What having one of our best strikers marking their tricky left winger? You really think so? I'd prefer Wayne to be further up the pitch to be honest. I think Evra can do a job on him with help from Hargo in the middle.

Unread 22-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Spiffy

There was a guy on the radio yesterday who is watching Barca train, he said that Messi is fit but that United will beat them on fitness levels alone. He couldn't stress enough how unfit they were and that they won't last 180 mins against a United on all out attack. I'm getting very nervous now and am less confident than I have been.

Unread 22-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
What having one of our best strikers marking their tricky left winger? You really think so? I'd prefer Wayne to be further up the pitch to be honest. I think Evra can do a job on him with help from Hargo in the middle.
I do - Fergie could well send Rooney out to bully him. Beat him to balls and keep him out of the game. Rooneys footballing intelligence is 2nd to none too. I think he'd pre-empt alot of Messi's moves.

Its catch 22, id like to see him attacking more as well but whats the likelyhood of that? We definately have to be a little cautious, Barca can create a hell of a lot on any given day (form will go out the window for this doubler header) - I dont know if we'd be foolish or not to go all out attack.
On one hand if we just go blood for blood and try outscoring them I think we'd bag at least once (we'd all take 2-2 or 3-3 wouldnt we). But if we dont take our chances doing that we could just as easy be on the wrong end of a 3-0. you never know.

I have alot of belief in this teams ability to do the business but given our luck in this comp deep deep down im desperately worried we'll fall before the final again. Someone re-assure me.

Unread 22-04-2008, 11:24 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
cant see us getting £#%&! all over there mate ..
Me neither. We'll do well.

Unread 22-04-2008, 11:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Me neither. We'll do well.
Effers, master of the unintended double negative.

Unread 22-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
There was a guy on the radio yesterday who is watching Barca train, he said that Messi is fit but that United will beat them on fitness levels alone. He couldn't stress enough how unfit they were and that they won't last 180 mins against a United on all out attack. I'm getting very nervous now and am less confident than I have been.
I hope someone informed him it's a football match not a relay.

Unread 22-04-2008, 11:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I hope someone informed him it's a football match not a relay.
Eh?

Unread 22-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Ether

Quote:
Eh?
What part are you struggling with?

Unread 22-04-2008, 11:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
What part are you struggling with?

What point you were making? Are you suggesting that fitness is less important over 180+ minutes of 2 legs of a football match than a relay? I couldn't really agree.

Unread 22-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

I can't £#%&!ing wait
Closed Thread