United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:41 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I've made a concious decision to not get involved in any of these purile 'Player A Vs Player B' threads anymore (particuarly as they're usually done with the sole purpose of slagging off Wayne Rooney)

All I can say is though, Tevez has missed some absolute sitters in recent games. Far easier chances than Rooney has missed.
Fortunately for Tevez he's also been in the right place at the right time to poke home a few late goals (& thank £#%&! he has too)

I can't understand why so many people on here hate Wayne Rooney. I just don't get it??
He's such a fantastic footballer.
If he was Argentinian of Portuguese he'd be untouchable (criticism wise)
he's a Scouser:shakehead:

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Rooney has had his poorest season in a utd shirt. he's going backwards. nft.
Bullshit

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:44 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossobianchi
You sad yet brilliant @#%&!
Ah thank yoo...

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:46 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I

I can't understand why so many people on here hate Wayne Rooney. I just don't get it??
He's such a fantastic footballer.
If he was Argentinian of Portuguese he'd be untouchable (criticism wise)
who hates rooney?

Quote:
All I can say is though, Tevez has missed some absolute sitters in recent games. Far easier chances than Rooney has missed.
absolute %@#$&!s. you even know that yourself.
even capello and saf have picked up on the amount of chances rooney misses.

he is a good player nevertheless.
as he gets more mature he will no doubt improve on his finishing and become the worldclass player we know he will.

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:47 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
Rooney has had his poorest season in a utd shirt. he's going backwards. nft.
He's 22 you £#%&!ing simpleton.

He's had a very injury hit young career. In contrast, Ronaldo hasn't had a single injury in his time at United (touch wood)...& before anyone starts, I'm not comparing the 2, just pointing out the fact.

He's also being asked to play a lone striker role every week to accomodate our midfield heavy squad.
He's expected to create goals, hold the ball up, make runs...& be a selfish goal sniffer as well.

Despite all the bad luck he's had this season (how many times has a beaten goalkeeper stuck a leg out & turned one of his shots wide this season?) he's still bagged 17 goals.

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
who hates rooney?

absolute %@#$&!s. you even know that yourself.
even capello and saf have picked up on the amount of chances rooney misses.

he is a good player nevertheless.
as he gets more mature he will no doubt improve on his finishing and become the worldclass player we know he will.
Tevez sitters have been more costly than Rooneys.
I hate putting off one player against another but with people like you it makes me.

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:48 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
become the worldclass player we know he will.

become??? he already is

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:49 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Tevez sitters have been more costly than Rooneys.
I hate putting off player against another but with things like you it makes me.
you could argue his GOALS SCORED have been worth more than rooneys? correct?

i didnt even do it ffs. some of you act like women blaming people for everything. i didnt start comparing him too rooney.

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
some of you act like women blaming people for everything.
Bang on.

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:51 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
become??? he already is
not in my opinion.

im not o a wum but if i had to put together a world 22. rooney woluldnt be one of my four strikers.

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Rhodzy

I fed up with the abuse Rooney gets.

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Rossobianchi

Quote:
Agreed.

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:53 PM
El Calafate

i've said it before and i'll say it again, Rooney has a first touch of a rapist.

nft.

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:54 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
you are acting like a scouser now.

you just "abused" tevez ffs.

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:55 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
not in my opinion.

im not o a wum but if i had to put together a world 22. rooney woluldnt be one of my four strikers.

you don't need a '22' ffs we have the world's best 11

we haven't lost any games when Rooney palys

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
you are acting like a scouser now.

you just "abused" tevez ffs.
You're acting like a southern muppet, oh wait...

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:58 PM
MUFC One Love

To be fair Tevez misses some absolute sitters but scores important goals in the right place right time.

I don't want to get into a comparing competition.

Both give us different options and are both clever players who LOVE playing for Manchester United.

Anyone who 'hates' one or the other like some of our fans do, well, some people on here anyway, are £#%&!ing ridiculous.

What have they done to deserve hate?

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:59 PM
MJ Ramone

For me a 'One On One' is when a player breaks the offside trap & unopposed by defenders litterally just has the keeper to beat.

In recent weeks Wayne Rooney has had efforts at goal that the keeper has just turned round the post...Rooney always hits the target..& on each occasion in recent weeks he's had defenders all over him as he's got his shot away (Arsenal last week first half, yesterday second half, Liverpool at Old Trafford the other week when Carragher actually fouled him & it should have been a Pen etc..)
They were all reported on here as if they were guilt edged 'one on ones' as if he took the piss & took the situation for granted.
They were nothing of the sort.
Yes, you'd expect a few of them to squeeze in...& he obviously is suffering a bit of confidence in front of goal right now, but FFS the criticism is out of control.

I'd say he's been unlucky in front of goal, rather than wasteful.

I'm not criticising Tevez....just saying that some of his misses this season have been just as noticable as Rooney's, if not more so in some cases (ie, the open goals at City & Bolton)

Unread 20-04-2008, 04:01 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
not half the player rooney is.

Add to that he is slower, can't striker a ball, is uglier, fatter.

Probably isn't 1/4th the player rooney and ronaldo are.
this is the one post that starts comparing two of our own players and the reason no one has quoted it or criticised it is because they actually agree with it.

correct?

i think rooney is a very good player and 2 years from now will no doubt be the world class striker he has the potential to be.

Unread 20-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
this is the one post that starts comparing two of our own players and the reason no one has quoted it or criticised it is because they actually agree with it.

correct?

i think rooney is a very good player and 2 years from now will no doubt be the world class striker he has the potential to be.
I disagree with it but I'm not wasting my time arguing with him. I don't have the inclination or time to. I'd rather scratch the cheese from underneath a tramps toenail.

In a nutshell we have two very good strikers, neither have what I'd consider composure in front of goal though, even though both will score enough goals. What we're missing is a third option/alternative/whatever and hopefully that'll be addressed in the Summer.

For example, you'd be an utter @#%&! to moan were our options from next season Rooney/Tevez/Huntelaar. Chuck in one from Campbell or Wellbeck too.
Closed Thread