United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Tumescent Throb

Default How we nodded our approval when Keano said

some of our jcl and exec fans probably couldn't even spell football never mind understand it

But the truth is: he was talking about some of you clueless @#%&!s. You're a £#%&!ing embarrassment.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Rossobianchi

Seriously, we probably have the most fickle bunch of @#%&!s supporting our club, in the league.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Tumescent Throb

you're too polite

they are clueless

worse still, they are classless

what is the need to be slagging off a squad 3pts clear with 3 to play in its quest to retain the title?

what sort of mong do you need to be to think that you could possibly know better about this squad than the people involved at United right now?

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Rossobianchi

They need something to moan about. Be it Giggs, Tevez, Rooney's finishing. Ronaldo doesn't play for the team..etc..

Considering we've scored the most and let the least in. Were in the semi final of the European cup. We've got a full fit fresh squad no major injuries, Young average age life is looking pretty £#%&!ing mint at the minute why can't some of them just be positive for once.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:41 AM
revanoz

Well people moan when we play shite - get over it. I'm actually confident we will piss the league and I'm sure this is just a blip but certain players haven't been good enough for weeks. I shall not name names.

As for Keano and his opinions, great player but absolute gobshite who can't help himself.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Mr_Ed

I think it's frustration more than anything else to be honest. I got frustrated, I shouted at the telly and got angry.

We played shite tonight and, if we need the medium of the internet to say that then that is our right is it not?

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by revanoz
Well people moan when we play shite - get over it. I'm actually confident we will piss the league and I'm sure this is just a blip but certain players haven't been good enough for weeks. I shall not name names.

As for Keano and his opinions, great player but absolute gobshite who can't help himself.
what, you mean they haven't been good enough to get selected by the greatest manager in British football history?

ace. I'd write a letter if I was you. maybe he could read out your directives to the players. i bet they'd be all ears.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:51 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I think it's frustration more than anything else to be honest. I got frustrated, I shouted at the telly and got angry.

We played shite tonight and, if we need the medium of the internet to say that then that is our right is it not?
you have the right to say whatever you want I'd imagine.

i'm merely using mine to point out what a bunch of absolute classless £#%&!wits some of the posters on here are

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Mr_Ed

Compared to Red News or 909 on the bbc this is heaven...

I think the Scholes and Giggs debates are relevant and we played badly tonight. Doesn't make me a prawn sandwich eater.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:55 AM
revanoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
what, you mean they haven't been good enough to get selected by the greatest manager in British football history?

ace. I'd write a letter if I was you. maybe he could read out your directives to the players. i bet they'd be all ears.
I am very happy with the way this season has gone, and 90% of the squad have been fantastic but if you think we played well today and deserved a result then you are a halfwit.

Unread 20-04-2008, 01:10 AM
utd99

Quote:
what a bunch of absolute classless £#%&!wits some of the posters on here are
If by that you mean that some on here have their negative views on certain players etched in stone and just drool over the opportunity to come on here and air them after a poor performance. That they would rather that player underperform and prove them right than have a great game and make them eat humble pie, then you are correct.

On the other hand, if you are inferring that people shouldn't air an opinion which reflects poorly on a player just because we happen to be United supporters, then you are wrong.

A forum is by definition an exchange of opinions and discussion of differing viewpoints. Something tells me it wouldn't last long if everyone had the same opinion on everything or felt compelled to keep legitimate views to themselves because they might be seen as not Red enough or branded a £#%&!wit.

For myself, I think that based on this seasons performances Giggs and Scholes should no longer be considered a first choice players for games of importance. However, had they played well today and for the remainder of the campaign no one would be happier or quicker to admit their mistake than I.

If that makes me a £#%&!wit then so be it.

Unread 20-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Compared to Red News or 909 on the bbc this is heaven...

I think the Scholes and Giggs debates are relevant and we played badly tonight. Doesn't make me a prawn sandwich eater.
it is possible to say we played badly and that this player or that player had a bad game. but saying Tevez is completely shit for instance? what the £#%&! is that all about? just pure abu bullshit, no more, no less

and the Giggs and Scholes debates are completely irrelevant, in fact. they are in the twilight of their careers, two great players, and the greatest manager in British football history is using them as he sees fit for the benefit of Manchester United.

it appears to me to be working pretty £#%&!ing well.

Quote:
I am very happy with the way this season has gone, and 90% of the squad have been fantastic but if you think we played well today and deserved a result then you are a halfwit.
you say 90% of the squad have been fantastic, but actually that is a totally and utterly meaningless statement. at least 10% of our squad have hardly kicked a ball between them in the first team. you're talking out of your arse.

at no point have i said we played well or that we didn't. i have merely pointed out that our main problem from the start was that we were out-numbered in central midfield which had a knock-on effect insofar as getting Ronaldo into the game went, and also with our movement up front since much of the joining up had to start with scrapping for the second ball from long passes and hoofs from back to front.

of course, the tactical substitution of Giggs for Nani allowed Ronaldo a freer role and we began to get better movement and to create chance after chance until eventually we got the very least we deserved from the match.

sorry if that is beyond you.

Unread 20-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
If by that you mean that some on here have their negative views on certain players etched in stone and just drool over the opportunity to come on here and air them after a poor performance. That they would rather that player underperform and prove them right than have a great game and make them eat humble pie, then you are correct.

On the other hand, if you are inferring that people shouldn't air an opinion which reflects poorly on a player just because we happen to be United supporters, then you are wrong.

A forum is by definition an exchange of opinions and discussion of differing viewpoints. Something tells me it wouldn't last long if everyone had the same opinion on everything or felt compelled to keep legitimate views to themselves because they might be seen as not Red enough or branded a £#%&!wit.

For myself, I think that based on this seasons performances Giggs and Scholes should no longer be considered a first choice players for games of importance. However, had they played well today and for the remainder of the campaign no one would be happier or quicker to admit their mistake than I.

If that makes me a £#%&!wit then so be it.
in between the two; some of the £#%&!wits on here would never "eat humble pie". they just move on to their next round of utter bullshit.

the idea that Giggs and Scholes should "no longer be considered as first choice players for games of importance" does however make you a £#%&!wit.

Unread 20-04-2008, 01:24 AM
revanoz

OK then, maybe i phrased that wrong but Nani coming on for Giggs was a tactical switch? Don't make me laugh, it was because he was playing shit. Again. As for being outnumbered in midfield, if the passing wasn't so woeful then Blackburn having an extra body in there wouldn't have made blind bit of difference.

It might have taken you a while to come up with that bullshit that rivals Andy Townsend's Tactical Truck in terms of insight but the truth is that a small part of the team playing poorly could cost us dearly.

Unread 20-04-2008, 01:26 AM
Luffy

I think the fans who mindlessly defend players are just as bad as those with agendas who want to see others shipped out and so slag them off at every opportunity.

Fact is - thats football all over the world, people who care about the team and the sport and have an opinion on which players they like or dont like.

That has absolutely £#%&! all to do with loyalty, passion or prawn sandwiches. You might not like these people, but they're just as much fans as the rest of us.

That Keane gave the fans this stupid tag to label "invasive fans" is just fan-£#%&!ing-tastic (see what I did there? ). Obviously I wasnt one of those nodding my approval.

If I'm not mistaken you must be upset at the slagging off giggs is getting cos otherwise you've not exactly been complimentary towards United players today. For what its worth Giggs WAS shit today, FACT, his coming off did improve the team, FACT, he is still a useful player to have around and theres every chance he can still play a good game and thats why fergie still gives him games. He can still be a usefl weapon, he does need to step up a gear though.

Those who say he is done are jumping too early, but those of us who are adamant that he is still top class and defend his poorer contributions are also being abit silly. fact is when a player exits the dressing room no matter who it is you cannot predict exactly how well he will play on any given day. and if he has a bad game, so be it, get him in training and get him ready for the next game.

I dont know why criticism is such a taboo in this country, I see it as a good thing and frankly I hate when people hold back on criticisms, its how I learn and improve and I'm man enough to see my own shortcomings so I dont see why fans get so upset when we critique a player's performance.

our strikers serously need to improve next season though because we cannot keep riding our luck. funnily enough, if we do not win anything this season it will be because our strikers failed to finish off teams or take chances on too may occasions this season.

Unread 20-04-2008, 01:27 AM
magic_cantona

Angry

Quote:
it is possible to say we played badly and that this player or that player had a bad game. but saying Tevez is completely shit for instance? what the £#%&! is that all about? just pure abu bullshit, no more, no less

of course, the tactical substitution of Giggs for Nani allowed Ronaldo a freer role and we began to get better movement and to create chance after chance until eventually we got the very least we deserved from the match.
Tevez has been brilliant for us.He's quality.

'Tactical substitution of Giggs for Nani'.Good euphamism.I thought Giggs was hauled of at half time (something that Ferguson has done very, very rarely) because he was indefensibly bad.

Giggs has been a great player for us, but he's finished.Anyone can see that and you getting all 'top red' because people are staggered that he gets in ahead of Nani (coming back from an injury, I know) or even Park, is ridiculous.Look at Nani when he came on, he produced so much more it was embarrassing.Park produces more than Giggs.It's the business end of the season and we need our best players on the pitch.Giggs isn't that anymore.

People slating Scholes after a bad performance are worthy of getting stick, because he still produces.He's still quality.Giggs isn't and shouldn't be playing.

Unread 20-04-2008, 01:35 AM
utd99

Quote:
in between the two; some of the £#%&!wits on here would never "eat humble pie". they just move on to their next round of utter bullshit.

the idea that Giggs and Scholes should "no longer be considered as first choice players for games of importance" does however make you a £#%&!wit.
On the contrary. I respect views that differ from mine, so long as they are well presented, which yours are not.The fact that I am open to and hopeful of being proven wrong shows open mindedness.

However if you think about it, which I doubt, you'll find that labelling everyone who has a differing opinion than yourself a '£#%&!wit' displays arrogance, egotism, weak thinking, one dimensional debating ability and intolerance. All of which reflects more poorly on you than me.

Unread 20-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
OK then, maybe i phrased that wrong but Nani coming on for Giggs was a tactical switch? Don't make me laugh, it was because he was playing shit. Again. As for being outnumbered in midfield, if the passing wasn't so woeful then Blackburn having an extra body in there wouldn't have made blind bit of difference.

It might have taken you a while to come up with that bullshit that rivals Andy Townsend's Tactical Truck in terms of insight but the truth is that a small part of the team playing poorly could cost us dearly.
er, i posted it 4 or 5 hours ago. hth. the truth is that the whole team played a pretty poor first half. the truth is that the whole team played a pretty poor first half against Arsenal last week as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Tevez has been brilliant for us.He's quality.

'Tactical substitution of Giggs for Nani'.Good euphamism.I thought Giggs was hauled of at half time (something that Ferguson has done very, very rarely) because he was indefensibly bad.

Giggs has been a great player for us, but he's finished.Anyone can see that and you getting all 'top red' because people are staggered that he gets in ahead of Nani (coming back from an injury, I know) or even Park, is ridiculous.Look at Nani when he came on, he produced so much more it was embarrassing.Park produces more than Giggs.It's the business end of the season and we need our best players on the pitch.Giggs isn't that anymore.

People slating Scholes after a bad performance are worthy of getting stick, because he still produces.He's still quality.Giggs isn't and shouldn't be playing.
this post is exactly what i'm talking about. Nani actually produced very little, but he was part of a team that had probably had a half-time rocket up its collective arse. if you think bringing another two-footed wide player on in this particular match didn't help United tactically btw then you are seriously out of your depth on a football thread.

Unread 20-04-2008, 01:42 AM
ScarFace

No issue with Scholes.

Giggs could'nt cross a road, that's that.

Unread 20-04-2008, 01:49 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
On the contrary. I respect views that differ from mine, so long as they are well presented, which yours are not.The fact that I am open to and hopeful of being proven wrong shows open mindedness.

However if you think about it, which I doubt, you'll find that labelling everyone who has a differing opinion than yourself a '£#%&!wit' displays arrogance, egotism, weak thinking, one dimensional debating ability and intolerance. All of which reflects more poorly on you than me.
nice effort

unfortunately you made most of it up

saying Giggs didn't do a single thing right today as one poster did, or that Tevez is completely shit as another poster did is not in any way shape or form a worthwhile opinion because neither viewpoint is based on the truth

the fact that you are open to and hopeful of being proven wrong by Manchester United I imagine you mean btw. presumably that'll be the same Manchester United who are on the verge of retaining the title and who are in the CL s/f for the second year running.
Closed Thread