United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i've only just clocked what that is. i was thinking 'why's he calling him a cherry?'

EI, that's a bad post, even by your standards. i suppose carlos should be grateful you haven't wished death on him yet
FFS

Unread 20-04-2008, 10:35 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
All these statistics fail to convince me he is the right player to play in the first 11 of this team for the considerable future. You have to go with what you see on the pitch. I see him option as a good option for the squad, not a great deal more.
You clearly don't rate him, and that's fair enough. The point of my post was that it would be pretty unusual for a player as "useless" as Tevez to have performed to the statistical level that he has. If you want to make a more nuanced evaluation obviously you have to look beyond mere numbers. I think I've previously made my feelings pretty clear in this regard and saw little point in going over the same ground again.

Anyway, it's probably best if I don't get involved with these threads anymore. I really shouldn't have posted on this one either. Nothing to be gained from doing so, either for myself or for anyone else.

Unread 20-04-2008, 10:46 PM
5 Cantona's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
You clearly don't rate him, and that's fair enough. The point of my post was that it would be pretty unusual for a player as "useless" as Tevez to have performed to the statistical level that he has. If you want to make a more nuanced evaluation obviously you have to look beyond mere numbers. I think I've previously made my feelings pretty clear in this regard and saw little point in going over the same ground again.

Anyway, it's probably best if I don't get involved with these threads anymore. I really shouldn't have posted on this one either. Nothing to be gained from doing so, either for myself or for anyone else.
Before you go, is that Les Reed in your avatar?

Unread 20-04-2008, 10:50 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Cantona's
Before you go, is that Les Reed in your avatar?
Was just about to ask that

Unread 20-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Serenity Now

Yep. First the man, then the myth, then the legend, and now the avatar.

Unread 21-04-2008, 03:21 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Tevez is a decent all round footballer, works hard and is often in the right place in front of goal for crosses and rebounds etc. Not sure he's exactly what united need but seen as saha has not been fit it was just as well he was around.

I'm not his biggest fan and there is a thread of truth about the number of touches he takes etc, skirting around in circles a bit too much and missing some good chances here and there, plus we have to admit he' not the quickest, but overall it's hard to be critical, his goal return is decent and for a first season his link up play has been of a pretty high standard too.

A fit saha would be my first choice over him but i think we have to write saha off now, probably time to re-think the forward line and look at options.

Unread 21-04-2008, 08:49 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
He's £#%&!ing gash.

Absolutely rubbish, and that isn't even going in to the open net he missed.

Oh and he scored a goal..... My Granny could have scored it, as could many of the United Reserves the useless, fat @#%&! is holding back.

Oh and didn't Forlan score important goals before the Tevez defenders come fore ??

He's shite, absolute shite, he was lucky to play at West Ham level.
Bannage
Closed Thread