United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Hopskipjump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Ok then, let's get into a legitimate discussion.

What does Tevez bring to the team ???

I'll pass the "ball" to your court.

Now let's keep it sober, with no nastiness.

Please, defend Tevez.
getting desperate now! how sad..you must be on something to have made those comments tonight..you have succeeded in letting us know that you dont have a clue about our team, your rant against Tevez is scouse like...go support them eh

Unread 19-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopskipjump
getting desperate now! how sad..you must be on something to have made those comments tonight..you have succeeded in letting us know that you dont have a clue about our team, your rant against Tevez is scouse like...go support them eh
So why don't you answer the original post.

Defend Tevez.

That was my point, and all the people who are such great fans of the the fat, slow one don't seem to be able to commit to words what he actually commits to United as an attacking force.

Unread 19-04-2008, 11:40 PM
schnitzel

Quote:

Defend Tevez.

That was my point, and all the people who are such great fans of the the fat, slow one don't seem to be able to commit to words what he actually commits to United as an attacking force.
Once the alcohol, drugs or whatever wear off, you will be fine.

1st season and all them goals, all them important goals....

sighs, especially if you reply negatively.

Unread 19-04-2008, 11:42 PM
razzle

Quote:

Defend Tevez.

erm, i have norman boreman

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:03 AM
utd99

Quote:
Ok then, let's get into a legitimate discussion.

What does Tevez bring to the team ???

I'll pass the "ball" to your court.

Now let's keep it sober, with no nastiness.

Please, defend Tevez.
Ok, I'm going to assume this not not a wind-up so here goes a potential waste of finger energy:

The winner against the Scouse,

The winner against Brum,

The equalizer against Spurs,

The equalizer against Blackburn, (thats 8 points right there)

The away goal against Lyon,

18 goals,

7 assists,

A new level of interplay among our attacking players,

Endless movement up front keeping defences disjointed,

A never give up attitude to losing possession and lost cause balls that harrasses defenders and midfielders into lower quality distribution than they would otherwise have against a player who just stops (step forward Mr Ronaldo and Mr Giggs) thus leading, over the course of the season, to numerous more chances for us and numerous fewer chances for the opposition,

The impetus change (along with Anderson) that allowed us to turn around the Arsenal game,

The dummy celebration,

THAT goal against the barcodes,

All coming off a postseason that had very little rest after last years exertions and that promises even more next year after a proper off and pre season...

Now I have a question for you.

If he ends up with 25 goals and scores the winner against the Rent boys and the winner in the CL Final, will you be upset?

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:06 AM
marlo stansfield

forlan - a striker who worked hard and but kept missing chances. his finishing was poor and every now and then he would score a spectacular goal which oozed class. other times he would squander guilt edged chances but was seen to be working hard.

similar to a striker at united but NOT tevez.

if you want to talk about strikers who cant buy a goal. look no futher than our so called best player.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Rossobianchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Ok, I'm going to assume this not not a wind-up so here goes a potential waste of finger energy:

The winner against the Scouse,

The winner against Brum,

The equalizer against Spurs,

The equalizer against Blackburn, (thats 8 points right there)

The away goal against Lyon,

18 goals,

7 assists,

A new level of interplay among our attacking players,

Endless movement up front keeping defences disjointed,

A never give up attitude to losing possession and lost cause balls that harrasses defenders and midfielders into lower quality distribution than they would otherwise have against a player who just stops (step forward Mr Ronaldo and Mr Giggs) thus leading, over the course of the season, to numerous more chances for us and numerous fewer chances for the opposition,

The impetus change (along with Anderson) that allowed us to turn around the Arsenal game,

The dummy celebration,

THAT goal against the barcodes,

All coming off a postseason that had very little rest after last years exertions and that promises even more next year after a proper off and pre season...

Now I have a question for you.

If he ends up with 25 goals and scores the winner against the Rent boys and the winner in the CL Final, will you be upset?
Is that it?

Thought it would of been since we paid....wait? NOTHING!

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:08 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
forlan - a striker who worked hard and but kept missing chances. his finishing was poor and every now and then he would score a spectacular goal which oozed class. other times he would squander guilt edged chances but was seen to be working hard.

similar to a striker at united but NOT tevez.

if you want to talk about strikers who cant buy a goal. look no futher than our so called best player.

Do you actually think before you type because you're a total mong.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy

You expect too much of the lad.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:18 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:

everything ive said there is spot on.

rooney doesnt score enough goals. and tbh he doesnt score enough goals when it counts.

at the highest level a top drawer striker should put away his chances. its great showing commitment and graft but a striker needs to score goals.
capello said the same thing midweek regarding rooney.

Quote:
He is the most talented young English player. He is very good at everything. The one thing he can improve is the number of chances he puts away

rooney misses about 3 good chances ever game. id even say andy cole was more clinical.

a striker is the one of the only positions where you can be judged by your stats to a certain degree. you need to score goals. and at the highest level you must take your chances. for capello to come out and say what he did he obviously agrees with me.

so tbh if we are comparing anyone to forlan it shouldnt be the striker who has played less games and scored more goals.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:21 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
everything ive said there is spot on.

rooney doesnt score enough goals. and tbh he doesnt score enough goals when it counts.
I don't know why I keep responding because you're an utter @#%&!.
Firstly Rooney isn't a striker and secondly

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Rossobianchi

Do you like any united player you @#%&!. £#%&! off. Everytime we are talking about a striker someones got to bring up Rooney's one on ones misses. It's £#%&!ing shit now £#%&! off you boring @#%&!.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:26 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
I don't know why I keep responding because you're an utter @#%&!.
Firstly Rooney isn't a striker and secondly

thats absolute %@#$&!s and clutching straws.
so now rooney isnt a striker because his goal return and finishing are being questioned?

if i even remember clearly this thing about rooney playing well behind the striker is a myth.
his best performances for united used to come when ruud was out of the side. remember our run of games with rooney giggs and ronaldo and a forward three??

he never played that well for england behind owen or at international level in general.

rooney just needs to improve on his finishing and positioning.

rooney

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:29 AM
Rossobianchi

Quote:

he never played that well for england behind owen or at international level in general.
Hmm.... The last time Rooney was truly fit for England...2004 and was Englands top goal scorer. You keep believing those tabloids .

Oh yeah and last year, when he scored that amazing goal in russia

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:33 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossobianchi
Hmm.... The last time Rooney was truly fit for England...2004 and was Englands top goal scorer. You keep believing those tabloids .

Oh yeah and last year, when he scored that amazing goal in russia
last time he was truly fit for england was in 2004?

absolute %@#$&!s.

i like rooney as much as anyone but the point blank denial of his weaknesses is embarassing.

he isnt a striker?
he was last fit proper for england in 2004..ooooh except when he scored last year

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:38 AM
utd99

Quote:
rooney just needs to improve on his finishing and positioning.
Finishing, true enough.

Positioning, totally wrong.

It's his positional sense that allows him to miss so many chances.

And his overall contribution to the team more than makes up for those misses.

Wayne is name number 3 on the teamsheet, without question.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Rossobianchi

Quote:
last time he was truly fit for england was in 2004?

absolute %@#$&!s.

i like rooney as much as anyone but the point blank denial of his weaknesses is embarassing.

he isnt a striker?
he was last fit proper for england in 2004..ooooh except when he scored last year
Yeah Euro 2004. Was he fit at 2006? No! he was fit for 2 games last year and scored a £#%&!ing stunner. maybe i should of said at a competition.

Everyone has flaws in there game but to just pick out rooneys is being a @#%&!.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:47 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Finishing, true enough.

Positioning, totally wrong.

It's his positional sense that allows him to miss so many chances.

And his overall contribution to the team more than makes up for those misses.

Wayne is name number 3 on the teamsheet, without question.
how many times have you looked in the box when a cross comes in and rooney is no where near there.

how many times have you seen him in the left back position picking up the ball when we need a goal...(our lone striker picking up the ball from inside out own half)

how many times have you seen him chasing players winning the ball, only to move it forwards and play is ahead of him. we need to score and play is ahead of our lone striker...

rooney needs to remember he is a striker and play like one.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:50 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossobianchi
Yeah Euro 2004. Was he fit at 2006? No! he was fit for 2 games last year and scored a £#%&!ing stunner. maybe i should of said at a competition.

Everyone has flaws in there game but to just pick out rooneys is being a @#%&!.
on the thread that is calling tevez shit...?

id say rooney has more to work on in his game than tevez who can mix hardwork with goals.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:59 AM
magic_cantona

Shocking shite on this thread.

From the usual £#%&!ing idiots.
Closed Thread