United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
scholes very rarely miss places a pass, agreed? carrick miss places more.
Not much use if we struggle to compete in midfield.

Unread 19-04-2008, 09:15 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
Not much use if we struggle to compete in midfield.
scholes passing isn't much use?

Unread 19-04-2008, 09:33 PM
utd99

Default I guess it comes down to the inventiveness of what you are attempting

and the quality of execution. In this regard Carrick has been streets ahead of Scholes this season. I just happen to be of a mind that, with 6 or 7 crucial games left in the season and barring injuries of course, you play your best team every time, end of story. And based on what I have seen this term Giggs and Scholes are not part of our best team.

But this thread wasn't designed to prompt a Paul Scholes slag-off session 'cos I love the fella so I'll end it here.

BTW, if I agree with you will you forgive the debt 'cos I had a bad session on the roulette wheel...

Unread 19-04-2008, 09:36 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
and the quality of execution. In this regard Carrick has been streets ahead of Scholes this season. I just happen to be of a mind that, with 6 or 7 crucial games left in the season and barring injuries of course, you play your best team every time, end of story. And based on what I have seen this term Giggs and Scholes are not part of our best team.

But this thread wasn't designed to prompt a Paul Scholes slag-off session 'cos I love the fella so I'll end it here.

BTW, if I agree with you will you forgive the debt 'cos I had a bad session on the roulette wheel...
i may allow you more time but the interest will obviously increase

Unread 19-04-2008, 09:47 PM
jem

Default I love scholes and giggs

and I like them hanging around in the squad.

but first choice?

no way.

Unread 19-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

are our most senior / most loyal players not allowed thier swansong at the expence of a few points in one season .
its not as if we wont win another throphy /title in the future FFS
fergie has got team selection spot on with regard to tactics and loyalty to his senior players
look to the future our squad is looking class

Unread 19-04-2008, 10:15 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
are our most senior / most loyal players not allowed thier swansong at the expence of a few points in one season .
fergie has got team selection spot on with regard to tactics and loyalty to his senior players
With 4 games left of a long season and the title within our grasp? Err, no.

Sentimentality should never supercede the priority, which is the club.

Swansongs? That's what testimonials are for..

Unread 19-04-2008, 10:31 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst

So what you are saying is it doesn't matter if we don't win the league, as long as some old boys play for United. What a load of £#%&!ing shit. At this time of year what you have done in the past doesn't come into it, it is what you are doing at the time. And sadly, Giggs dosen't deserve it imho.

Unread 19-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
kinell the anti-Giggs drones are out in force tonight again
That's because he was embarrassing today. I've been one of the ones defending him lately but that was just so sad to watch. He did not do one single thing right.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
That's because he was embarrassing today. I've been one of the ones defending him lately but that was just so sad to watch. He did not do one single thing right.
horseshit. i have pointed out elsewhere what the problems were today (central midfield, poor movement up front etc)

the change at half-time was designed to give Ronaldo more freedom imo. if it had just been a question of non-performance then any one of at least half a dozen could have got the hook before Giggs.

i'm sure this unfashionable opinion won't be appreciated by some of the £#%&!wits on here, of course.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:21 AM
poppy

We all know Giggs is finished and shouldn't be anywhere near the first team now. The evidence is clearly there for all to see.

Saying that, it will be a fitting end to an amazing career if he lifts both the Premier League and European Cup this season. He deserves it and I hope he gets it.

However, if he decides to hang around for another season simply to beat Bobby's record I'll lose all respect for him. And if Fergie allows it it will prove he's gone soft.

Unread 20-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Horst_ Bucholst

giggs and scholes still command a hell a lot of respect from opponents for players that are allegedly finished
they are also still key players in our squad and shouldn't be binned just because certain feet stamping supporters say so.
we cant play anderson and nani every game they would be burn't out thier rotation with giggs and scholes is part of the reason we are doing so well.

Unread 20-04-2008, 10:53 AM
chorleyred

no matter what the present opinions, both will be seen as legends of mufc for years to come.

giggs is the best winger I have ever seen, the way he glided past players made him a joy to watch

yes those days are well behind him but whatever happens in the future I'll always remember him for the world class winger he was

not many 1 club men around in football these days, and i'm sure he had many opportunities to leave. It's easy to lose all rationality when you see him ambling round the pitch a shadow of himself but in the cold light of day he is a legend and the slagging of a legend or two makes us look like @#%&!s imo

Unread 20-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Gog Coch

Is Gareth Barry the man to buy before Chelsea get him?

Unread 20-04-2008, 11:04 AM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch

what would he offer that we don't already have?

Unread 20-04-2008, 11:14 AM
borsuk

fergie rolls the dice because playing the same players in four big games within such a short space of time is asking for trouble.

how hard is that to understand ffs?

Unread 20-04-2008, 11:14 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
arf

Unread 20-04-2008, 11:23 AM
puressence

giggs will still be here next season

Unread 20-04-2008, 11:46 AM
fix up look SHARPE

giggs played quite well yesterday i thought, one of our more lively players in the first half. he was involved in a lot of our play.
the problem is he tends to hang on to the ball a bit too long and slows things down. hence bringing nani on when more urgency was required.

scholes had a very poor first half but he's still got loads to offer.

Unread 20-04-2008, 12:10 PM
rebelcountyred

giggs was poor yesterday, he hasn't really played that well recently but i blame fergie for starting him in games, think that giggs would be of much better use coming off the bench, hopefully now nani is fit that is how fergie will use him, giggs has been a great united player and hopefully will be for another while.
Closed Thread