United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:05 PM
MUFC One Love

It's great news on Carrick. Thought he might be sold in the summer which would be a huge mistake. Just as we're building a top class midfield with plenty of options selling Carrick could have made us a bit less stable especially if he was replaced with someone like Veloso. Carrick is one of the best passers about and one of the best at what he does.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:07 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It's great news on Carrick. Thought he might be sold in the summer which would be a huge mistake. Just as we're building a top class midfield with plenty of options selling Carrick could have made us a bit less stable especially if he was replaced with someone like Veloso. Carrick is one of the best passers about and one of the best at what he does.
agreed. very very glad he is staying.

dont even want velosa at ot tbh and thats mostly because of his nationality.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
if you were look at things deeper than the surface the only thing thats really been impressive about wes this season has been his fitness.

i think its another "heinze" rating going on here.
He's a good player always has been imo that's had a good season and he's not the type to be a slapped arse if he's benched. He's had awful luck with some pretty serious injuries and seems to be over them too when you look at the season he's had.

Heinze shone in a pretty dire/transitional United side when he first came, got injured, lost his place and went to shit. Plus he had one of the worst defensive performaces ever in a United shirt and then said he wanted to move to the £#%&!ing Vermin.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:09 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo

Only Rio has played more minutes of premiership football this season and that's only just.

Wes has featured in all but two league games (and only 7 minutes in one other). He has been a key part of what will hopefully be a championship winning team.
thats says alot when you think of every other player in our starting line up and how you could stake a claim for them being player of the season.

think about it.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Terry Silver

If Wes Brown is worth £50k a week then Evra's Mr Twenty Percent should be getting him double that if he has any cop-on at all.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:11 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
He's a good player always has been imo that's had a good season and he's not the type to be a slapped arse if he's benched. He's had awful luck with some pretty serious injuries and seems to be over them too when you look at the season he's had.

Heinze shone in a pretty dire/transitional United side when he first came, got injured, lost his place and went to shit. Plus he had one of the worst defensive performaces ever in a United shirt and then said he wanted to move to the £#%&!ing Vermin.

very true.

tbh i think wes browns agent deserves a bonus for handling ths the way he has.

the clubs hands were tied imo as losing him on a bosman would be financially a disaster.

i still think he will be sold or used as make weight when we identify our first choice rb.(wes,jos,silvestre)

one wont be here by the end of next season imo.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Crumps

Quote:
very true.

tbh i think wes browns agent deserves a bonus for handling ths the way he has.

the clubs hands were tied imo as losing him on a bosman would be financially a disaster.

i still think he will be sold or used as make weight when we identify our first choice rb.(wes,jos,silvestre)

one wont be here by the end of next season imo.
Wes will be here. I would quite happily give Silvestre and O'Shea a piggy back to their new club when they go. Newcastle should buy the pair for 10 mil.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Father Christmas

Wes is a good player. Why has Carrick got a new contract - he's only been here 5 minutes?

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:20 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Wes will be here. I quite happily would give Silvestre or O'Shea a piggy back to their new club when they go. Newcastle should buy the pair for 10 mil.
an off point...

when we lost at milan (a) last season our

jos------brown-------vidic-------heinze

cant believe i was confident going into that game.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

i reckon that not everyone in United's current squad will still be in our squad by the end of next season

*taps nose with index finger*

you mark my words

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i reckon that not everyone in United's current squad will still be in our squad by the end of next season

*taps nose with index finger*

you mark my words
wow really put your neck on the line there

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Crumps

Quote:
an off point...

when we lost at milan (a) last season our

jos------brown-------vidic-------heinze

cant believe i was confident going into that game.
An unfit Vidic too. Heinze was so bad in that game it was untrue. Both Wes and Vidic need Rio next to them too or they can get a bit lost. £#%&! me Rio is a good player and his influence on his team mates is immense.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Gazw649

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Of the 28 goals United have conceded this season (including the Charity Shield) how many have been down to Wes Brown?

You take your time before you answer now won't you boys.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
Wes is a good player. Why has Carrick got a new contract - he's only been here 5 minutes?
Because we know we want to keep him now and are giving him a super duper dogs %@#$&!s contract to reward his superb form of the last two seasons.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:27 PM
wiganste

Quote:
An unfit Vidic too. Heinze was so bad in that game it was untrue. Both Wes and Vidic need Rio next to them too or they can get a bit lost. £#%&! me Rio is a good player and his influence on his team mates is immense.
Best in the world mate. And some people still think he's a @#%&! who's not fit to wear the shirt.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:28 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
i hated heinze even in his first season at the club.
thought he was a joke with his kamakize(sp) styles of defending.

remember heinze being caught upfield in the first few minutes against milan. the first few £#%&!ing minutes.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:30 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
he has been here two seasons.

if he doesnt sign it by the beginning of the season their agents usually tell them to hold on abit more and then we are held to ransom like we have been with wes browns deal.

if wes brown has a year on his deal i can bet everything i own he would have been sold this summer.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Our defenders are all good at their basic tasks. Evra is brilliant at tackling players running directly at him and he's very good going forwards as well. Wes is brilliant at the art of old school getting wired in and decent at moving the ball forward in close passing combinations. Vidic is superb in the air in both boxes and reads the game almost like a sweeper, particularly covering Evra.

But just like that dumb lump Stam, all three of them are capable of the most ridiculous positional lapses - wandering out to the corner flag and then showing the attacker inside is one of Evra's favourite £#%&! ups for example!

The defence is marshalled superbly by VDS and especially by Ferdinand. The other three are all excellent players. Pique is a better footballer than either Vidic or Brown.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Best in the world mate. And some people still think he's a @#%&! who's not fit to wear the shirt.
By quite some distance too atm. He displayed some behaviour that could be viewed as pretty @#%&!ish in his first few years at the club but since then he seems to have done a lot of growing up and he does and says the right things whatever the situation now imo. Our most important player.

Unread 18-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
he has been here two seasons.

if he doesnt sign it by the beginning of the season their agents usually tell them to hold on abit more and then we are held to ransom like we have been with wes browns deal.

if wes brown has a year on his deal i can bet everything i own he would have been sold this summer.
absolute bullshit of a post is that

post a list of all the players who've held "United to ransom" over contract negotiations

you're talking out of your arse, as usual
Closed Thread