United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Rossobianchi

Default united fan on talksport

Just been on saying that most of us are happy with glazer now !

Deary me.

Unread 17-04-2008, 04:45 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossobianchi
Saying that most of us are happy with glazer now !

Deary me.
I wouldn't say happy but when you look at the likes of Liverpool imploding then I would cautiously use the word content

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Crumps

The idiots are happy with him. Our future is still very uncertain. Can see them selling 49% of the club if we manage the double to someone who'd benefit in such a partnership (Media probably or if Louis stays Bupa) and using the money to help pay the debt off or more likely line their pockets.

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossobianchi
Just been on saying that most of us are happy with glazer now !

Deary me.
I don't think United fans will ever be 'happy with owners'. That just doesn't make sense.

Regardless of who they are, have been responsible for one of the biggest ticket price hikes we've had. They've also introduced the auto-cup scheme.

But they've also allowed Ferie to be savy in the transfer market and we're still one of (if not the) biggest club in the world.

Depends on what you're after, innit.

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:13 PM
koppas

Fat scouse @#%&!.

Liverpool are known all over the world...followed by United.

Email been sent.

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:14 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
I don't think United fans will ever be 'happy with owners'. That just doesn't make sense.

Regardless of who they are, have been responsible for one of the biggest ticket price hikes we've had. They've also introduced the auto-cup scheme.

But they've also allowed Ferie to be savy in the transfer market and we're still one of (if not the) biggest club in the world.

Depends on what you're after, innit.
Thats the problem though. EVERY football club in world football is now trying to make as much money as possible and that is now the way of the world. United were always going to be targets because of revenue, fan base etc.
The only "big" club that is not "owned" by a foreign investor is Arsenal and by this time next year I think they will be.
Some united fans will never be happy no matter who owns the club, do you think Martin Edwards would have missed the opportunity to hike up ticket prices if he knew it would still sell out every week, would he %@#$&!s.

The world is driven by money and greed now and unfortunately is something that will only get worse.

Besides the negativity you have to give them a little credit (i know some won't like it) but they have been clever in the transfer market and not interfered one bit with Fergie and the team side of things. They are here to make money like every other owner in the league. The fans don't matter to any club anymore

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:16 PM
MJ Ramone

One thing you can say is that they're never in the press talking about the team or running off at the mouth ala' Shinawatra, Hicks+Gillet, Abramovich etc..

That isn't me endorsing the Glazers before this becomes a 20 page thread, far from it. Just pointing out that at least they keep their mouths shut.

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:18 PM
edwin

The only good thing about the Glazers, is that they do keep a very low profile

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2

Besides the negativity you have to give them a little credit (i know some won't like it) but they have been clever in the transfer market and not interfered one bit with Fergie and the team side of things. They are here to make money like every other owner in the league. The fans don't matter to any club anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
One thing you can say is that they're never in the press talking about the team or running off at the mouth ala' Shinawatra, Hicks+Gillet, Abramovich etc..

That isn't me endorsing the Glazers before this becomes a 20 page thread, far from it. Just pointing out that at least they keep their mouths shut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin
All true points. I think they know how complicated it could get if they started to try and dictate things in that respect. Plus, I think in a naive way, they don't really care about the details - just money men.

The thing I hate them for though, and yes it could be said that it's our own fault, but the way the support has split

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:20 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin
They have to do that because of the snipers

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:22 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
All true points. I think they know how complicated it could get if they started to try and dictate things in that respect. Plus, I think in a naive way, they don't really care about the details - just money men.

The thing I hate them for though, and yes it could be said that it's our own fault, but the way the support has split
The support did split but would have split regardless of who took over, or were the people who £#%&!ed it off completely only interested in an Abramovich type owner. We were always going to be bought, just a matter of who and under what terms. Sad but true

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:31 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
I know what your saying but who would you want as owners then? Because of the Glazers go then someone else will buy it.

Under the circumstances, the PLC was probably the best thing for the club.

A single owner is always going to be swayed by money (see Liverpool), and there is £#%&! all squared chance of us ever being able to own the club. The only problem with the PLC is it was run in such a way as to make a take-over bid attractive.

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:32 PM
mark o

'Most' United fans (in terms of actual numbers) were either happy or did little to protest against the Glazers during the actual takeover.

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:33 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Under the circumstances, the PLC was probably the best thing for the club.

A single owner is always going to be swayed by money (see Liverpool), and there is £#%&! all squared chance of us ever being able to own the club. The only problem with the PLC is it was run in such a way as to make a take-over bid attractive.
And it was also run pretty badly, especially in our transfer dealings. I'm not saying I love the Glazers but the perfect solutions is not out there, it doesn't exist. The PLC would have raised prices, I have no doubt about that.

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:34 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
And it was also run pretty badly, especially in our transfer dealings. I'm not saying I love the Glazers but the perfect solutions is not out there, it doesn't exist. The PLC would have raised prices, I have no doubt about that.
At least we all had a voice, although it was a very tiny one.

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:43 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Very true and thank £#%&! for it as it's always cringeworthy.

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:49 PM
puressence

ffs sake ..you lot happy with the glazers want a £#%&!ing kick in

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
I know what your saying but who would you want as owners then? Because of the Glazers go then someone else will buy it.
Maybe a United fan who happens to be a billionaire. Whoever buys the club will want a return on their investment and it is so expensive these days that somebody will have to borrow to make up the full amount.

Maybe a PLC was the best thing at the time - there was more money available to be ploughed back into the club - however player transfers were a bit of a mare to be honest until 2001 and then we £#%&!ed 29mill on Veron.

Unread 18-04-2008, 08:41 AM
thatsfuctit

I caught the very end of something last night when Ray Houghton was on where the caller was comparing his club (not sure if it was United) with Vermin, much as i dislike Vermin he was a #@&%! and talking shite..

was this the same thing?

Unread 18-04-2008, 09:51 AM
puressence

why not make malc president ffs
Closed Thread