United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:02 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
blackburn were playing santa cruz wide. that is no £#%&!ing excuse for not having one of our bigger lads pick him up in the area. it's called organisation.
the key word here is the one i'm not quoting.

it wasn't exactly a hard tactic to spot.

watch barca stick puyol on the right wing now. i hope we're prepared.

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

We should prepare for the first leg first.

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
the key word here is the one i'm not quoting.

it wasn't exactly a hard tactic to spot.

Puyol is suspended isn't he ???

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:22 PM
keano's love

he is. Thank £#%&! for that. he can be a rock sometimes.

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Whalefish

I don't see much point singling out any of them. The entire back four looked like they'd been on the pop yesterday.

As soon as we play against a team who play a lot of balls in the air, put themselves about a bit, and actually challenge for second balls we seem to shit it and look far from comfortable.

A few examples yesterday were when each of them took turns to clear a loose ball and failed to get any distance on the ball whatsoever. We lacked someone with the stomach for a scrap yesterday, in defence and in midfield. The latter in particular.

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:30 PM
puressence

if it had been giggs at fault there would have been 333 threads ....

hang on

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Evra wasn't at fault at all. He was in the right position. Rio and vidic going for the same ball is what £#%&!ed us for there goal. And it took one hell of a lucky ricochet. An absolute gift for Santa cruz.
he was picking up Santa Cruz for the whole game, he was his man and should have reacted when the ball fell to him. Obviously not all his fault but he played his part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I don't see much point singling out any of them. The entire back four looked like they'd been on the pop yesterday.

As soon as we play against a team who play a lot of balls in the air, put themselves about a bit, and actually challenge for second balls we seem to shit it and look far from comfortable.

A few examples yesterday were when each of them took turns to clear a loose ball and failed to get any distance on the ball whatsoever. We lacked someone with the stomach for a scrap yesterday, in defence and in midfield. The latter in particular.
all agreed, shame Hargreaves & Anderson weren't fit as i'm sure both would have started if were both fit.

Unread 20-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
all agreed, shame Hargreaves & Anderson weren't fit as i'm sure both would have started if were both fit.
They'd have made a difference IMO. I like Carrick a lot but when he's denied space, or the game gets a little physical or a bit scrappy, he's not one of the first players I'd be looking at to get us back into a game. It's just not his style.

He had a decent 15/20mins yesterday. That's nowhere near good enough. No point commenting on the others though, been done enough. I wasn't too happy with our best player either yesterday. But he's had very few off games this season so he's excused.

Unread 20-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
there should have been better communication between the two of them.

i spent most of the first half wondering what the £#%&! evra was doing marking santa cruz every time a cross came in. not exactly tall, patrice, is he? you'd have thought that rio and vidic would do the marking of santa cruz and roberts, leaving evra to pick up runners.
they did leave Evra to cover behind them though, but he forgot

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
if it had been giggs at fault there would have been 333 threads ....

hang on

Unread 20-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

Nutsack played well saved a certain goal from Roberts as well
he didn't do anything wrong, i agree. but teh defence looks a lot less formidable when vds isn't playing. his presence is reassuring for the back four.

Unread 20-04-2008, 05:45 PM
£#%&! KFC

he was brilliant last Sunday apart from their goal

Unread 20-04-2008, 05:46 PM
chorleyred

don't think pig has let us down at all this season

Unread 20-04-2008, 05:54 PM
£#%&! KFC

apart from the Divs

Unread 20-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
he didn't do anything wrong, i agree. but teh defence looks a lot less formidable when vds isn't playing. his presence is reassuring for the back four.

Spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
don't think pig has let us down at all this season

Are you mad?

Unread 20-04-2008, 09:03 PM
redmike

Sell rio and replace him with phil jagielka.
Closed Thread