United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:05 PM
utd99

Default Why, oh why does Fergie insist on rolling the dice?..

Nothing Giggs has done this season has warranted him being in the side for a crucial end of season match and you can tell from his body language that he knows it. Positive contributions from Giggs these days are virtually non-existant. Both he and Scholes are exuding zero confidence, Scholes to the point that he seems to look for the safe backward pass as his first option these days, that only changed 20 minutes from the end when we HAD to go for the equalizer. It's this perpensity to start playing only in the last quarter of certain games that have cost us the points that would have sewn up the title by now.

It makes me sick to the stomach, after all they have done for this club, that when I see their names on the starting line ups my first reaction is 'oh, shit', but there you have it. Loyalty is irrelevant, and regardless of whether you are a Scholes supporter or not we are all United supporters and the teams well being should be paramount. Bryan Robson is my all time hero, but I wouldn't want him in the team now either.

We all know that when the end comes it doesn't happen overnight, if it did it would be easy to pinpoint. Most often it becomes apparent when a players negative, or neutral, contributions begin to overshadow their positives. It should be all of our hopes that Fergies failure or refusal to recognize this doesn't cost us the league title.

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:07 PM
wiganste

Giggs should never start a game where we need to win ever again.

The man is a legend and I love him to bits. But he's finished in top flight football.

As for him being the captain. Why?

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:09 PM
edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

The man is a legend and I love him to bits. But he's finished in top flight football.

Senior player ?

Surely no other logical reason

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:10 PM
chorleyred

we have so many leaders it's impossible to see why he is captain, he certainly never organises £#%&! all during games

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:12 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

Agree.

You/we feel guilty about how we see Giggs 'The Player' nowadays.He's terrible, but an all time great.

I can't see why Ferguson plays him.Nani and Park are much better options.

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:14 PM
marlo stansfield

scholes is every bit as poor as giggs. if not worse because he plays in the centre tbh.

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

kinell the anti-Giggs drones are out in force tonight again

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:17 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
scholes is every bit as poor as giggs. if not worse because he plays in the centre tbh.
Marlo, with all due respect, your views on anything to do with football mean £#%&! all to me.

Kind regards

Wiganste

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Sparky***

it's at times like this that you are grateful that Eric had such pride he wouldn't allow himself to be seen in such a light. As soon as he felt himself unable to give it his all - he up and left.

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:19 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
What a #@&%! you are.
Why don't you just £#%&! off & support Arsenal????
You clearly can't stand our players (apart from the ones you think it's 'cool' to like)

Tedious @#%&!.

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:20 PM
utd99

Default I've seen the people on here that obviously have it in for Scholes..

.. just as I've seen the ones that constantly defend him. The truth is that, as a current United player and historic legend, we should all want him to regain him former stature even if that means his detractors have to admit they were too quick to condemn.

Unfortunately though, on way too many occasions these days, you can't deny what your eyes are telling you.

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:27 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Nothing Giggs has done this season has warranted him being in the side for a crucial end of season match and you can tell from his body language that he knows it. Positive contributions from Giggs these days are virtually non-existant. Both he and Scholes are exuding zero confidence, Scholes to the point that he seems to look for the safe backward pass as his first option these days, that only changed 20 minutes from the end when we HAD to go for the equalizer. It's this perpensity to start playing only in the last quarter of certain games that have cost us the points that would have sewn up the title by now.

It makes me sick to the stomach, after all they have done for this club, that when I see their names on the starting line ups my first reaction is 'oh, shit', but there you have it. Loyalty is irrelevant, and regardless of whether you are a Scholes supporter or not we are all United supporters and the teams well being should be paramount. Bryan Robson is my all time hero, but I wouldn't want him in the team now either.

We all know that when the end comes it doesn't happen overnight, if it did it would be easy to pinpoint. Most often it becomes apparent when a players negative, or neutral, contributions begin to overshadow their positives. It should be all of our hopes that Fergies failure or refusal to recognize this doesn't cost us the league title.
i can't agree about scholes.

yes he's had his off games but he has been class in most. his eye for a pass and it's execution are still the best at the club. i think sometimes he looks negative by comparison, by that i mean he's never been one for bombing forward with the ball, where as hargreaves and especially anderson do.

scholes' game has always been about patient build ups, pulling the back 4 out of position and then pin pointing a pass with ginger skillful beauty and menacing accuracy.

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:40 PM
utd99

Default Speed of attack has become our forte, it's what we do well..

'settling' on the ball and allowing the defence to recover and regroup is not.

If Anderson and Hargreaves are capable and willing to do that whereas Scholes is incapable or reluctant then it just reinforces the point.

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:46 PM
wonky no

Quote:
'settling' on the ball and allowing the defence to recover and regroup is not.

If Anderson and Hargreaves are capable and willing to do that whereas Scholes is incapable or reluctant then it just reinforces the point.
the difference is scholes does all that with a pass. he has been doing it in every game, he did it today and he'll do it in barcelona. he has as much of a positive end product as ronnie. he's far more effective than carrick (although i do rate carrick) and he's more of a threat infront of goal than anderson.

giggs' form/capabilities have dwindled but scholes could play another season here, no problem.

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
What a #@&%! you are.
Why don't you just £#%&! off & support Arsenal????
You clearly can't stand our players (apart from the ones you think it's 'cool' to like)

Tedious @#%&!.

Scholes started off poorly today but he did well.

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:56 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
he has as much of a positive end product as ronnie. he's far more effective than carrick (although i do rate carrick)
Much as I luv ya Wonks, I'm going to have to enquire whether this is a wind-up or, if not, request the name and number of your dealer..

Unread 19-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
the difference is scholes does all that with a pass. he has been doing it in every game, he did it today and he'll do it in barcelona. he has as much of a positive end product as ronnie. he's far more effective than carrick (although i do rate carrick) and he's more of a threat infront of goal than anderson.

giggs' form/capabilities have dwindled but scholes could play another season here, no problem.
That's got to be a WUM.

Unread 19-04-2008, 09:01 PM
wonky no

scholes very rarely miss places a pass, agreed? carrick miss places more.

Unread 19-04-2008, 09:04 PM
utd99

Default I guess if you compare 15 yard backward passes to Rio, Vidic

with defence splitting passes to Ronnie, Rooney or Tevez the completion stats may be similar.

Unread 19-04-2008, 09:05 PM
wonky no

Quote:
with defence splitting passes to Ronnie, Rooney or Tevez the stats may be similar.
eh? i think you must watch the game in a mirror!
Closed Thread