United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-03-2017, 08:13 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
There is an awful lot of %@#$&!s being spouted on this thread.
New to Fred pal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That was always likely tbf.

Unread 12-03-2017, 08:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That was always likely tbf.
Shame that "the likes of" has a clear and obvious meaning

Unread 12-03-2017, 08:46 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thumbs down

He's £#%&!ing £#%&!. Saffers would have you think we'd sold Maradona (Di Maria) and Van Basten (Memphis)

Unread 12-03-2017, 09:56 PM
Ethers

Nice to see.

Unread 12-03-2017, 10:02 PM
Part 36 Offer

He was abysmal for united. Prevented us from getting someone like Dembele who we actually needed. Disappointing.

Unread 12-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Withers

Anyone see the open goal he missed before he scored from the half way line?

Edit-

Unread 12-03-2017, 10:38 PM
S/Side.Red

Unread 12-03-2017, 11:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
He was abysmal for united. Prevented us from getting someone like Dembele who we actually needed. Disappointing.
Pardon?

Dembele plays on the other side for a kick off..

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:06 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pardon?

Dembele plays on the other side for a kick off..
He can play either side. As can Depay.

Depay clearly has talent but he's actually a lot slower than i expected. Hugely disappointing signing all in all.

When you think that Dembele was marginally cheaper as well

Our recruitment has been abysmal over the last few years in the main hence why we find ourselves wallowing in 6th.

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:22 AM
Buck

Quote:
He can play either side. As can Depay.

Depay clearly has talent but he's actually a lot slower than i expected. Hugely disappointing signing all in all.

When you think that Dembele was marginally cheaper as well

Our recruitment has been abysmal over the last few years in the main hence why we find ourselves wallowing in 6th.
It didn't work out for different reasons but unlike some others, Depay was the right type of signing.

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:24 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
It didn't work out for different reasons but unlike some others, Depay was the right type of signing.
Well that's my point: the right type yes, but the wrong player.

Our scouts are a joke.

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:34 AM
Buck

Quote:

Our scouts are a joke.
I disagree there.

Led PSV to the title at 21
One of the best young players of WC 2014
Knew LvG and had his appreciation.

If we didn't sign him he still would have got a big move. He was one of the hottest prospects in football.

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:38 AM
Crumps

Quote:

Our scouts are a joke.
Catch 22 when it comes to the type player everyone b***hes about us not
signing. They're always very talented yet raw, are usually known because of computer games. Thing is they need games to develop in an environment that preferably has relatively little pressure to the point where people go 'Oh why didn't we buy him our scouts are shit' so if they're not good enough to start with (very few are) they're not going to get the games to progress to the point where they are of the quality to be first team first choice. Depay is exactly that type of signing, was all about him making the step up from Holland.

We've got some grea talent that's been scouted, just got to wait and see how they develop. Is a shitter that reserve football is so uncompetitive, should have our reserves in the leagu bloke Spain.

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:40 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I disagree there.

If we didn't sign him he still would have got a big move. He was one of the hottest prospects in football.
Yeah, agree with that. Memph was worth the gamble. Not finding anyone better than Darmain and Schneiderlin is a bigger offence.

Unread 13-03-2017, 01:43 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I disagree there.

Suppose so. Just worked out abysmally though didn't it. Annoying.

Unread 13-03-2017, 10:18 AM
My Name is Keith

Defo worth a gamble as he had the talent. Couldn't stand his slapped arse body language though. Typical Dutch which is why I was amazed that van gaal £#%&!ed it up so badly with him.

Unread 13-03-2017, 10:27 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Defo worth a gamble as he had the talent. Couldn't stand his slapped arse body language though. Typical Dutch which is why I was amazed that van gaal £#%&!ed it up so badly with him.
LVG royally pissed off Van Persie too let's not forget.

Unread 13-03-2017, 10:31 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
LVG royally pissed off Van Persie too let's not forget.
I know. When you consider that van gaal practically lost the whole squad including his assistant manager then it's a bit of a head £#%&!. Was a messy time best forgotten nqat

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I wanted to sign him at the time tbf just utilising my right to unadulterated hindsight as a fickle as £#%&! football fan

Would love that dembele though. Looks an unreal talent.

Unread 13-03-2017, 11:37 AM
Sparky***

I thought he was going to be brilliant.

It's a real shame because he's definitely got talent. For about 4 games at the start of the season, him and Shaw looked like the future up that left hand side.
Closed Thread