United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-07-2013, 11:17 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Cool Still the King!

Never loved another man as much as Eric.

Unread 18-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
as £#%&!.

Unread 18-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Serenity Now

Ridiculous

Unread 18-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Child of Darkness

sorry dont understand rugger did he mean that ? did that mean they scored points thought it had to go over ?

Unread 18-07-2013, 06:53 PM
lookingforeric

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Crumps

Having a lad in the pub say to me 'I am so jealous of you, I wish I would have got to see Eric play' made me feel old as £#%&!.

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Having a lad in the pub say to me 'I am so jealous of you, I wish I would have got to see Eric play' made me feel old as £#%&!.
been there mate ....

do you remember that goal against sunlund i think (5 nil or one)

where he beat about 4 men and chipped the keeper .... and then just stood there as if to say .....this ....this is nothing .

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:29 PM
red in cumbria

I don't think anybody expected at that moment, that a year later he would have retired. Himself included

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:31 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

had the same thing about george best

geds had it about duncan edwards

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
been there mate ....

where he beat about 4 men and chipped the keeper .... and then just stood there as if to say .....this ....this is nothing .

a perfect moment, spoilt only by brian mcclair wiping his nose then hugging the great man in celebration.

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Crumps

Quote:
been there mate ....

Yup, was there. Another assist for Choccy to file alongside Becks v Wimbledon.

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun

said the same to my dad at busbys testimonial thing in the 80's

remember being utterly £#%&!ing astonished at just how good best was then - remember turning to my dad and saying - god hes still got it - and him looking and smiling at me and saying ... nothing just knowing he'd seen ..........

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:40 PM
no fun

Quote:
said the same to my dad at busbys testimonial thing in the 80's

remember being utterly £#%&!ing astonished at just how good best was then - remember turning to my dad and saying - god hes still got it - and him looking and smiling at me and saying ... nothing just knowing he'd seen ..........
saw him in one game (sheff utd early 70s) when he was simply unplayable

got to say ronaldo came close though

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:42 PM
Child of Darkness

once in a generation a player steps forward and becomes the moment ... becomes everything .... utter £#%&!ing angry beautiful perfection , to be that player for utd you have to be more than just a footballer - you have to be more than just an icon thats for the scouse @#%&!s ... you have to be the unspoken embodiment of a cultural schism, a physical rejection of what went before , a genuine iconoclast , a person who creates fully fledged devotees to his cult .

best for my father

eric for me

who for the twins of darkness ? who ever he is is probably about 10 right now and lives in chile or something

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:44 PM
no fun

Quote:
once in a generation a player steps forward and becomes the moment ... becomes everything .... utter £#%&!ing angry beautiful perfection , to be that player for utd you have to be more than just a footballer - you have to be more than just an icon thats for the scouse @#%&!s ... you have to be the unspoken embodiment of a cultural schism, a physical rejection of what went before , a genuine iconoclast , a person who creates fully fledged devotees to his cult .

best for my father

eric for me

who for the twins of darkness ? who ever he is is probably about 10 right now and lives in chile or something
well put

ronaldo for my kids

got to say, as great as best was, denis law was the player for me

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
saw him in one game (sheff utd early 70s) when he was simply unplayable

got to say ronaldo came close though
on pure ability def

but lacked everything else - still a mortal

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
well put

ronaldo for my kids

got to say, as great as best was, denis law was the player for me
my dad agreed

he venerated Law

best i think was too much for his straight laced morality , too much the change , too much the rebel he had a beard ffs

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
ffs

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:

best for my father

eric for me

What a great post. Eric for me. Thought Ronaldo was a better player but Eric was .... well, just Eric

Unread 18-07-2013, 07:51 PM
otbarney

Quote:

Billy Meredith for me.
Closed Thread