United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Rumour has it Ravel is still going missing for a day here and there. Can't be too bad though if Fergie is involving him. At least Gibbo turns up all the time I guess.
Shouldn't be a problem, Gibson has been going missing now and then for the past 18 months and still gets games.

Unread 01-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Twin x1
Twin x2
Smalling
Evans
Valencia
Park
Gibson
Berba

Unless he's counting U21's but that can't be right surely?
if thats his justification for a picking a side then he's clearly lost the plot

Unread 01-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Shouldn't be a problem, Gibson has been going missing now and then for the past 18 months and still gets games.

Unread 01-12-2011, 12:56 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Can't argue with that!

Unread 01-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Stickman

Quite alarming how little time people seem willing to afford Valencia. Shit hot only 7-8 months back, wise up eh

Unread 01-12-2011, 01:06 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Quite alarming how little time people seem willing to afford Valencia. Shit hot only 7-8 months back, wise up eh
See Hernandez.

Unread 01-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Macheda is £#%&!.
Hes a turkey, called it about 2 years ago.

Unread 01-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Neo

Quote:
Hes a turkey, called it about 2 years ago.
What, when he was 17?

Unread 01-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Cream

Quote:
Always second to Nani in my mind (including back when everyone said he was miiiiles better) but very good when on form.

He tried his %@#$&!s off tonight and had a fair bit of success - within the context of our general shiteness (before blazini jumps on me).

One criticism I would have of people is that on nights like tonight they crucify players who haven't been playing regularly. They're bound to be rusty. This happens time and time again in pubs and on football forums and I'll never understand it.

Park and Hernandez here, and don't you forget it.

Unread 01-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
See Hernandez.
Ive personally always had my reservations there about the lads natural ability.

It bugs me seeing lads like Pogba and Morrison tested in these games, youd want to see them play with the first team a la Cleverly to see whats really in the locker. I like the look of Fryers tbh.

Unread 01-12-2011, 01:21 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
What, when he was 17?
yeah - hes always looked brainless and cumbersome on the ball.

Unread 01-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Neo

Quote:
yeah - hes always looked brainless and cumbersome on the ball.
Harsh to be so critical of a player so young IMO.

He needs a loan move like Welbeck had at Sunderland. I was surprised we didn't send him out on loan in August, even to some Championship team.

He needs to be playing regularly so he can learn and develop. That isn't going to happen playing once a month on the wing in some tin-pot competition with Diouf and Gibson.

Unread 01-12-2011, 01:39 AM
Jerry the Berry

(Berba went off injured fwiw)

Love Fergie's comments "That wasn't a Manchester United performance" - are you sure?

It's fast becoming that. I can't believe people are suprised at this performance. This isn't a one off. Regardless of the personnel, we've played like this too many times already this season for it to be called a bad patch.

We are starting too look line a squad in severe decline. The fringe players are just average and don't have any character or leadership qualities to play in games where they are meant to show responsibility.

I can't agree with the love in about Fryers tonight, looked good at times because of his attitude and athleticism but chose the wrong option in possession on too many occasions. He just isn't a left back, tbf. And playing him with Diouf on that side just added to Fergie's poor management recently.

Pogba has potential but that's it. Too raw. Looked lost at times but that's what happens when you introduce young players when the team is playing poorly.

Morisson was the only glimmer of hope from tonight. Along with Scholes, I honestly think he has the best touch we've seen at Old Trafford for a very long time. He reads the play superbly for someone so young and his fast interplay and movement will compliment clever thinkers like Rooney, Carrick and Cleverley well if they ever get a run in the side together.

It was embarrassing to see players like Gibson, Macheda, Park, Evans and Valencia play so badly in games when you need them to show some responsibility and leadership.

Morisson aside, the young players are a long way from making any significant contribution to the first team but they are certainly not too blame for that. Fergie should be managing them better, bringing them on in games when we are playing well at home in their natural position.

And just to add a bit more doom, it was probably our best chance of a trophy this season, too.

Extremely worrying times for United.

Unread 01-12-2011, 01:53 AM
Stubbsy

Sell everyone.

Unread 01-12-2011, 01:56 AM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy
Sell everyone.

Unread 01-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Unread 01-12-2011, 01:59 AM
wonky no

maybe we have have another go at winning it next year.... have a good summer everyone.

Unread 01-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Neo

Get behind the cotton socks IMO.

We are the thirteenth man and we will roar the shorts to victory.

Unread 01-12-2011, 02:04 AM
wonky no

an also ano ther thin. where were the crowd?

Unread 01-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Where's our £80-£#%&!ing-Million ?
Bobby's asking the same question.