United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-11-2009, 01:34 PM
celtbion

Default Re: I am going looking for Eric tomorrow night

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
I hate movies where bad language is done to bad ass it up-I didn't get a sense of that in this one though wee man-more a gritty and realistic portrayal of how a certain constituency of men in particular tend to converse with each other.
The general chat at work amongst the English/Irish tends to be considered a bit coarse by the Scots/foreigners, they say. Bad language still a bit frowned on amongst the Ulster-Scots perhaps?

Unread 29-11-2009, 01:38 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
The general chat at work amongst the English/Irish tends to be considered a bit coarse by the Scots/foreigners, they say. Bad language still a bit frowned on amongst the Ulster-Scots perhaps?
Don't be such a stupid @#%&!.

Unread 29-11-2009, 01:48 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Don't be such a stupid @#%&!.
You're complaining about why [SIZE="4"]Ken Loach didn't take the bad language out of his film and you're calling me a stupid @#%&!?

Had you seen a Ken Loach film before?

If not, I highly recommend The Wind that shakes the Barley, you'll £#%&!ing love it petal.

Proper British people wouldn't bat an eyelid at bad language...

Unread 29-11-2009, 02:00 PM
wee man

Quote:
You're complaining about why [SIZE="4"]Ken Loach didn't take the bad language out of his film and you're calling me a stupid @#%&!?

Had you seen a Ken Loach film before?

If not, I highly recommend The Wind that shakes the Barley, you'll £#%&!ing love it petal.

Proper British people wouldn't bat an eyelid at bad language...
Did you even read that I said it didn't bother me. No of course not. And watched first 5 minutes of the Barley film - turned off as it was crap.

Unread 29-11-2009, 02:07 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
only just out over here - went to watch it on friday. very disappointing i thought - ken loach light. really didn't seem to know what it wanted to be and some of the characters (the gangster, eldest son) were badly formed. some decent lines and he played the lead well but overall it was pretty weak.

best bits by far was the archive clips of eric.

5/10
Bettys Hot Pot could have added a harder edge to that guy.

Unread 29-11-2009, 02:07 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Did you even read that I said it didn't bother me. No of course not. And watched first 5 minutes of the Barley film - turned off as it was crap.
Cannes seemed to disagree with you.

Unread 29-11-2009, 02:12 PM
wee man

Quote:
Cannes seemed to disagree with you.
I make my own judgements.

Unread 29-11-2009, 06:13 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
In some quarters maybe Celts (if you cursed in front of my ma you risked decapitation) but not uniformly across the board.

Unread 29-11-2009, 06:40 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
only just out over here - went to watch it on friday. very disappointing i thought - ken loach light. really didn't seem to know what it wanted to be and some of the characters (the gangster, eldest son) were badly formed. some decent lines and he played the lead well but overall it was pretty weak.

best bits by far was the archive clips of eric.

5/10
i have to agree
Closed Thread