Default Latest on Hargreaves

...is not so good:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...er-united-tour

Unread 28-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Whalefish

RiP

Unread 28-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Whalefish

If Fergie's not been told he cannot spend anymore I think he really needs to be signing a central midfielder. Soon.

Unread 28-07-2009, 10:48 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
If Fergie's not been told he cannot spend anymore then he really needs to be identifying a central midfielder.
Agreed-the only thing to my mind that might have been in the way of the necessary signing of a midfielder was the thinking that there must be some optimism on Hargreaves progress. It's not too evident here.

Unread 28-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

so the latest news is that he hasn't pointlessly attended a pre-season training session thousands of miles away that he wasn't going to participate in.

Munich will be so disappointed.

Unread 28-07-2009, 10:52 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
so the latest news is that he hasn't pointlessly attended a pre-season training session thousands of miles away that he wasn't going to participate in.

Munich will be so disappointed.
I actually would prefer to think of it that way Throb but in the scheme of things I am not so sure.

Unread 28-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
If Fergie's not been told he cannot spend anymore I think he really needs to be signing a central midfielder. Soon.
Kacar looks decent. Weren't we linked to him heavily a few weeks back?

Unread 28-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Whalefish

You can jest all you like Throb but Fergie also told a lot of bullshit re Neville's recovery. I'll take his comment that he'll be back in September with a pinch of salt.

What's apparent, or very clear to me, is that the lad's return date (for lack of a better word) keeps getting pushed back. At one point last season he was going to be back for pre-season. They won't rush him, that's understandable, but I doubt anyone at the club knows exactly when the lad can return to training let alone if he will be able to perform again at the highest level. That's probably the same with the player too. It's all ifs and buts.

I won't rule him out of the forthcoming campaign but if he plays 10 games for Utd I'll be stunned. A shame because I like him and we could do with him as well.

Unread 28-07-2009, 10:55 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
I haven't seen one report that says we're seriously interested in him.

Unread 28-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
I actually would prefer to think of it that way Throb but in the scheme of things I am not so sure.
don't get me wrong, he could well struggle to return. doubt anyone can know for sure how his knees will react.

but that's kind of the point. would've thought the guardian is highly unlikely to be where the news will break either way tbh.

edit: 2 minutes late, accidental Caps lock in second paragraph

Unread 28-07-2009, 10:57 PM
koppas

Who the £#%&! does this "kacar" play for?

Unread 28-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Who the £#%&! does this "kacar" play for?
Hertha Berlin.

You @#%&!.

Unread 28-07-2009, 10:58 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy

Unread 28-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
don't get me wrong, he could well struggle to return. doubt anyone can know for sure how his knees will react.

but that's kind of the point. would've thought the guardian is highly unlikely to be where the news will break either way tbh.
Very true.

Unread 28-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Very true.
ditto to be sure

Unread 28-07-2009, 11:00 PM
koppas

Quote:
Hertha Berlin.

You @#%&!.
Oh I see.

I am assuming the people who are claming he would be great signing have, probably, never seen him play except for the highlights on a Champions League Tuesday night.

Still, he has a 'cool' name so sign him up.

Unread 28-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Oh I see.

I am assuming the people who are claming he would be great signing have, probably, never seen him play except for the highlights on a Champions League Tuesday night.

Still, he has a 'cool' name so sign him up.
Yes that's absolutely right. Impossible for folk to watch German league football in this day and age.

Oh, and Serbia's U21s.

Unread 28-07-2009, 11:03 PM
koppas

Quote:
Yes that's absolutely right. Impossible for folk to watch German league football in this day and age.

Oh, and Serbia's U21s.
If you believed everyone on here, it seems the majority have the Bundesliga sky+ed every week.

For the record, I am not implying you. It's people like Rhodzy that this is aimed at.

Unread 28-07-2009, 11:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

It certainly isn't good news, not sure how much news it is at all.

Fingers crossed that he can get back, maybe by the end of September.

Unread 28-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
If you believed everyone on here, it seems the majority have the Bundesliga sky+ed every week.

For the record, I am not implying you. It's people like Rhodzy that this is aimed at.
I saw him at the u21s, looked very good. Stop being a tool.
Closed Thread