United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Coracao

Default Re: Reserves vs Bolton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Of the 35 minutes I actually saw of tonights game, I was probably most impressed with Corry Evans. Looked so comfortable on the ball, so aware, always knew what to do with the ball.
When I say, I don't like him, i'm not saying he is useless. He has just never struck me as a player who will make it at United. He obviously has talent, otherwise he wouldn't be here and he wouldn't be an international. He seems to be ok at everything, but doesn't really excel at anything inparticular.

Quote:

You can tell Obertan a)Thinks he's too good to be playing reserve league football, and b) Will £#%&! his team mates off and do everything in his power to impress the people watching. He barely made a pass in the first half, at one point got the ball, knocked it forward and tried to beat 2 men, one was about 10 yards closer to the ball than he was. Needs to learn to pick an easy pass rather than the showboat shit constantly.

Bebe, again only 35 minutes, looks quick, but I think his crossing currently consists of just smacking it as hard as he can across the box. If anyone got on the end of it they'd take their face off.
Obertan shouldn't be playing at this level at all. He's 22 next month and a lot of the players playing in the reserves are 18.

Unread 13-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
When I say, I don't like him, i'm not saying he is useless. He has just never struck me as a player who will make it at United. He obviously has talent, otherwise he wouldn't be here and he wouldn't be an international. He seems to be ok at everything, but doesn't really excel at anything inparticular.

Obertan shouldn't be playing at this level at all. He's 22 next month and a lot of the players playing in the reserves are 18.
True but look at John O'Shea and Wes Brown at the back! I just got the impression from his attitude on the pitch that he'd just do everything himself, as if he was 'above' the team.

I quite like him as a player mind, quick, skillful. Just needs some maturity in his game Id say, I think he'll play a part for us next season.

Unread 13-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
True but look at John O'Shea and Wes Brown at the back! I just got the impression from his attitude on the pitch that he'd just do everything himself, as if he was 'above' the team.

I quite like him as a player mind, quick, skillful. Just needs some maturity in his game Id say, I think he'll play a part for us next season.
O'Shea's and Brown's situations aren't really comparable to Obertan. They are established players.

I don't think Obertan will make it at United from what i've seen so far. His play in the final 3rd is often poor. He needs an extended run, and he is only going to get that from a loan or moving on. Compare him to Welbeck who is a couple of years younger. When Welbeck comes back, Obertan will be even further down the pecking order. Valencia is to come back too!
Closed Thread