United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:09 AM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunne's Half-Time Pint
i think it's an error of judgement - there's too large a segment that could embarrass us on this one - which would be a shame for everyone involved.

although the last time there was a potentially incendiary occassion, for george best's death, the club were quite savvy - they had a load of city legends at the ground and asked us to join them in a minutes silence for their good friend. worked a treat - hopefully they'll pull off something similar this time.
Wasnt that against Liverpool and was ruined by the wall pushing bastards?

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:09 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworderdude
Maybe this was planned all along and thats why the PL arranged the fixture to tie with the derby

We'll see though
you are joking mate

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:10 AM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis the king
Only if the Premier League don't allow it.

Anyone for a banner headline on the Evening News?

[SIZE="4"]PREMIER LEAGUE REFUSE UNITED AND CITY PERMISSION TO REMEMBER MUNICH DEAD
maybe we should start hounding the evening news letters pages with what a good idea we think it would be

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Wasnt that against Liverpool and was ruined by the wall pushing bastards?
it was a minority and all they did was make @#%&!s of themselves - you could tell it'd been impeccably observed by our boys, and the majority of theirs to be fair.
the scousers do fill their @#%&! quota pretty admirably though.

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:13 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
maybe we should start hounding the evening news letters pages with what a good idea we think it would be
Good idea. The nationals would be an idea too. Who's the broadsheet journalist with a column in Red News - he might be able to help get this in his paper?

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:14 AM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Good idea. The nationals would be an idea too. Who's the broadsheet journalist with a column in Red News - he might be able to help get this in his paper?
Do you mean Jim White in UWS?

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:15 AM
denis the king

Quote:
I have lost count of the emails I have sent the MEN about this, even pointing out that Tom Jackson the MEN reporter died in the crash.

To my knowledge they haven't mentioned it at all, but you can bet your house and your kids lives that come next February every paper shop in Christendom will have a 'Munich Special 64 page Tribute Souvenir Edition' (only £1.95)

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:21 AM
The Mull

Does Terry Christian post on Fred, or was it a wum, if he does can he not use contacts at GMR and talk sport to publicise the petition?

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:22 AM
42ndstreet irregular

A paper did mention it a while ago and was for the idea. Haven't a clue which paper though.

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:26 AM
denis the king

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
A paper did mention it a while ago and was for the idea. Haven't a clue which paper though.
It was in The Sun.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007360891,00.html

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:27 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Do you mean Jim White in UWS?
That's the one!

Writes for the Telegraph. Will fire an email off to him tomorrow. I'm sure he's aware of it, but I'll ask if there's anyway he could mention it in his paper.

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:51 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Just a random number I came up with

Thought you all would like a random number to have a go at someone.

I mean, who wouldn't want to talk to the traffic safety squirrel.

Unread 20-11-2007, 01:53 AM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
Just a random number I came up with

Thought you all would like a random number to have a go at someone.

I mean, who wouldn't want to talk to the traffic safety squirrel.
£#%&! sake ray

Unread 20-11-2007, 01:59 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty's Hotpot
£#%&! the blue @#%&!s, they could make a big flag with the munich victims faces on, or do a sponsored walk from stockport to the ground to raise money for the victims, families but they will still be blue @#%&!s. Can't believe you're giving them credit.

grow up you daft @#%&!.

Unread 20-11-2007, 09:21 AM
puressence

it wont matter what utd/city do they will sing munich like they always do the @#%&!s ... its good they are trying to do something about it , but whats the point it wont alter the fact they sing it with passion at all the derbys .

Unread 20-11-2007, 09:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Apparantly this is no longer about the Munich tribute, it is now about, as all threads he posts on eventually become, Betty's Hotpot.

Anyway for my two penneth, it'd be great in my opinion if this went ahead and the bitters behaved like humans for this one match.

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Anyway for my two penneth, it'd be great in my opinion if this went ahead and the bitters behaved like humans for this one match.
i agree, although part of me will detest them even more for being such hypocritical bastards when the eyes of the nation are upon them.

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:22 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i agree, although part of me will detest them even more for being such hypocritical bastards when the eyes of the nation are upon them.
Didn't the @#%&!s refer to us as "munichs" in an official club program once? You expect that sort of shit from their fans, but the club? Disgraceful. I hope they choke on their blue ketchup, the @#%&!s

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Maybe but to be honest, there's more important things to be thinking about on that day.

Unread 20-11-2007, 12:35 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
it wont matter what utd/city do they will sing munich like they always do the @#%&!s ... its good they are trying to do something about it , but whats the point it wont alter the fact they sing it with passion at all the derbys .
They won't make a peep because they know full well what would doubtless happen if they breathed a word of it that day.

Quote:
Most definitely, but lets hope they keep it shut if the day regardless.

The people who really need to have a look at themselves are the reds who will be itching to City to start mouthing so they can get all 'faux-outraged'. £#%&!ing pathetic.
Closed Thread