United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 62 53.91%
Sack 53 46.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 25-04-2024, 10:24 AM
marlo

how many of villas players are emerys players?

he shouldn't need a whole squad of. his players to improve us....
also thinking about players gakpo he wanted , it be worse with his players.

Unread 25-04-2024, 10:32 AM
BigRonManager

The moment we start implying that players were brought in by Murtaugh or Arnold against the managers will there’s no point discussing it further. This is the last resort of every supporter of every manager sacked since Fergie. It’s obvious and boring. ‘Let’s just leave this unprovable assertion out there without any evidence and see what they do with that’

And for the record, we weren’t great last year. We had a period between the first couple of games and the league cup win where we looked very promising, but after that we were middling to shit. We were very fortunate Newcastle had a similar drop off and that the season wasn’t 40 games otherwise the scousers would have got top 4.

Unread 25-04-2024, 10:35 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
The moment we start implying that players were brought in by Murtaugh or Arnold against the managers will there’s no point discussing it further. This is the last resort of every supporter of every manager sacked since Fergie. It’s obvious and boring. ‘Let’s just leave this unprovable assertion out there without any evidence and see what they do with that’

And for the record, we weren’t great last year. We had a period between the first couple of games and the league cup win where we looked very promising, but after that we were middling to shit. We were very fortunate Newcastle had a similar drop off and that the season wasn’t 40 games otherwise the scousers would have got top 4.

Ah right, so last year we weren't actually very good but other teams were worse ok.

I'd say enjoy your day but I doubt you will.

Unread 25-04-2024, 10:36 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic View Post
No manager comes into the perfect club, scenario, surroundings. No-one in world football, (or any job ffs,) has everything they'd want at their disposal.
Apart from Pep at City. Any manager that can just discard a player like Cancelo on a whim knowing they can replace him with no real issues is in a good spot.

But I never said he needed a perfect club, scenario and surroundings. Just a structured one that works, which most top clubs have. As well as most shitter clubs at this point.

Quote:
No-one would expect to have everything they need or require or desire after 2 years. You're never gonna have everything - you manage your resources, that's what managers do.
Again, I don't expect him to have everything he needs or requires after two years. But there's a lot of middle-ground between having everything he needs, and bringing in Spurs cast-offs on loan, recycling a walking corpse in midfield and signing Jonny Evans on a free going into his second season. Not to mention still having to rely on the likes of Martial and Maguire.

But like I said yesterday, it's his inability to manage what he's got available to him that's the reason I'd rather see him gone. A different manager would be able to get more out of this team, I've not doubt about that. But at the same time this team is nowhere near good enough to be challenging for the title, or in my opinion, what ETH needs to succeed.

Quote:
Leaving aside the tactics, man management etc for a second, Ron's right in that we'd have better resources if we hadn't spent so badly. That is a big part of the problem. Obvs we have scouts and negotiation (ha) teams, but still he shares responsibility for wasting so much of that cash. Mount, Onana, Hojlund Antony is not the best use of 250m quid.
That's kind of been my point this entire time as well tbf.

Unread 25-04-2024, 10:39 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
it's his inability to manage what he's got available to him
surely, no one can argue with this?

he's played a shit hand badly. saying it's a shit hand is just repeating the first part, when the last word is the important one.

Unread 25-04-2024, 10:45 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
surely, no one can argue with this?

he's played a shit hand badly. saying it's a shit hand is just repeating the first part, when the last word is the important one.
Hand ?.

Unread 25-04-2024, 10:59 AM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Ah right, so last year we weren't actually very good but other teams were worse ok.

I'd say enjoy your day but I doubt you will.
I didn’t say that at all, and the fact you have to frame it that way doesn’t do much for your argument pal.

Thanks for caring about the quality of my day though; i’ll be perfectly fine because I’ve had a long time to make peace with us being shit. Its good that you want more of it though, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b View Post
That's kind of been my point this entire time as well tbf.
That’s true. You just didn’t blame ten Hag for any involvement in it.

Unread 25-04-2024, 11:02 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Hand ?.
save that for the rep circle, buddy.

Unread 25-04-2024, 11:17 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
That’s true. You just didn’t blame ten Hag for any involvement in it.
I didn't absolve him of blame of it either, he's obviously played a part in at least some of the transfers, probably all of them in some way or another. But we'll never know for sure which transfers and how much of an influence he had.

The same goes for Ole, Mourinho and LVG. Even back with Moyes when we ended up overpaying for Fellaini, it was easy to just label him a Moyes signing and batter the manager for it. When in the time since it seems as though we had a long list of other, better targets that Moyes would have much preferred, but the club shat the bed and threw money at the 'fro instead.

That's why I'm battering the club for the recruitment structure they've had, rather than just solely blaming individuals who would've been involved.

Unread 25-04-2024, 11:22 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
I didn’t say that at all

Quote:

And for the record, we weren’t great last year.

we were middling to shit.

We were very fortunate Newcastle had a similar drop off.

Unread 25-04-2024, 01:24 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Why’d you have to leave bits out? Just quote the whole thing- simpler.

Well played though. You keep doing you.

Unread 02-05-2024, 06:52 AM
westcoastvan

F#?! it! I'm just going to go in.

I think Ten Hag's tactics and the ground the players have to cover is part and parcel part of the injury crisis, which is also why injuries are happening during "high intensity training"

...but if this is the case, INEOS will get rid of him pretty swiftly by November or sooner.

I'd also prefer for the INEOS superstar team to be in place, and coordinating with each other before they pull the trigger on a new manager....

Don't think the club should follow the Todd Boehly model.