United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Baldy

Default Re: Fergie tells Beckham to £#%&! off

Need boosting in the midfield area, so why not have him back for a short spell?

Unread 25-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
He should just do the decent thing and retire now, instead of trying to resuscitate his extinct England career. And lets be honest, that's what this loan shit is all about ultimately.
Why are you fixating on this? It's up to every professional to make the decision to retire. If he doesn't get his loan or England don't select him again, so be it, but why would that mean he has to retire? And what makes retiring the 'decent' thing? There's no dishonour in continuing to play. You have to stay retired a very long time. You can hardly blame a player for wanting it to last, especially if there are teams still picking him.

Unread 25-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up Re: Fergie tells Beckham to £#%&! off

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Goalie That Refuses to Retire
Why are you fixating on this? It's up to every professional to make the decision to retire. If he doesn't get his loan or England don't select him again, so be it, but why would that mean he has to retire? And what makes retiring the 'decent' thing? There's no dishonour in continuing to play. You have to stay retired a very long time. You can hardly blame a player for wanting it to last, especially if there are teams still picking him.
Here here.

Unread 25-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Here here.

Unread 25-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I'm not fixating on it by any means.

I've just always felt that a player, or any sportsman, should know when to quit, and in my opinion Beckham's time has come. To be honest, I'm quite tired of him and the circus that follows him, maybe that's why I'd like to see him quit.

If he does manage to get a loan move anywhere in Europe it will no-doubt get wall-to-wall coverage everywhere, and whilst that has nothing to do with me, it is still £#%&!ing irritating.

I am grateful for what he did whilst he was here, but I moved on when his missus started wearing the trousers. I find the unwavering adulation that he gets from certain United supporters quite weird to be honest. He wasn't even that good.

Unread 25-12-2010, 11:29 PM
borsuk

Quote:
If he does manage to get a loan move anywhere in Europe it will no-doubt get wall-to-wall coverage in england, and whilst that has nothing to do with me, it is still £#%&!ing irritating.
fixed it for you.

Unread 25-12-2010, 11:41 PM
waynes ear's

so he didnt tell him to £#%&! off did he

£#%&!ing stupid @#%&!

Unread 25-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Grimson

Quote:

I've just always felt that a player, or any sportsman, should know when to quit, and in my opinion Beckham's time has come. To be honest, I'm quite tired of him and the circus that follows him, maybe that's why I'd like to see him quit.
Yeah I understand that.

However I expect you would recognise the difference between you wanting him to quit, and him quitting being the 'decent' thing to do. It is a rather big difference.

Unread 25-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Menace

Quote:
Yeah I understand that.

However I expect you would recognise the difference between you wanting him to quit, and him quitting being the 'decent' thing to do. It is a rather big difference.
Yeah, I said him quitting would be the decent thing to do because I want him to quit, not necessarily because I think it would be the decent thing.

Unread 25-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

£#%&!ing stupid @#%&!
Wow, you can swear loads.

Unread 25-12-2010, 11:48 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
well done, you can read

Unread 26-12-2010, 02:09 AM
roon78

Quote:
well done, you can read
beef

Unread 26-12-2010, 02:43 AM
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon78
beef
Nah, I like Wayne's Ears.

Anger is good.

Unread 26-12-2010, 02:46 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Beginning to get a bit tedious now ain't it

Oh and surprise surprise Borsuk adopts the 'confrontational' stance...

He's an idiot, all the more so for doing his skeletal-wife's bidding

Unread 26-12-2010, 02:53 AM
redhegemony

Don't really understand the loathing, he's not the man he was at the height of the bullshit. Can he offer anything? well fergie best judge of that.

Unread 26-12-2010, 03:06 AM
Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Don't really understand the loathing, he's not the man he was at the height of the bullshit. Can he offer anything? well fergie best judge of that.
I for one certainly don't loathe him. He's a United legend ffs.

However, I think he contributed significantly to the breakdown in the relationship between himself and Fergie. If anything I'm disappointed that he didn't go down the Scholes/Giggs/Neville route of keeping a low profile and concentrating on his football. If he had done that we may never have sold him.

There's only so much sarong-wearing and perfume advertising that can be defended. He chose to embrace the celebrity bullshit that so many fans despise, and certainly fail to relate to. I think that's where a lot of the indifference towards him comes from.

Unread 26-12-2010, 03:20 AM
King Schlong

Quote:

If he does manage to get a loan move anywhere in Europe it will no-doubt get wall-to-wall coverage everywhere, and whilst that has nothing to do with me, it is still £#%&!ing irritating.

I am grateful for what he did whilst he was here, but I moved on when his missus started wearing the trousers. I find the unwavering adulation that he gets from certain United supporters quite weird to be honest. He wasn't even that good.
He was better than good. A lot of people forget this because of the path he took.

Unread 26-12-2010, 07:26 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
He was better than good. A lot of people forget this because of the path he took.
bang on. integral to our success in those years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Oh and surprise surprise Borsuk adopts the 'confrontational' stance...
the 'irony' of this is presumably lost on you

Unread 26-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
These

Unread 26-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

£#%&!ing stupid @#%&!
You really need to start drinking again
Closed Thread