United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football Auto-Threads

Unread 19-08-2021, 09:40 AM
fred tissue

Default Romelu Lukaku: ‘Scoring goals is beautiful but winning trophies sets you apart’

A decade after he first arrived at Stamford Bridge, the £97.5m Belgium striker is back with one ambition: to win trophies under Thomas Tuchel

The notion that he has a point to prove after returning to England does not interest Romelu Lukaku. Chelsea’s new £97.5m striker has heard the jibes about his game before – the comments about his first touch, the whispers about his physique – but he does not intend to spend much time worrying about his critics.

“Being with my back against the wall is something that I experienced since my youngest age,” he says. “It’s nothing new to me. Whatever people are saying, let them talk. They have a perception. You do want respect, but you don’t want to keep fighting for it because you’re going to lose unnecessary energy.”

Related: Romelu Lukaku ‘back home’ at Chelsea and finally feeling loved

Related: Pain and positivity: the fuel for Romelu Lukaku’s journey to the top | Ed Aarons

Continue reading...

More...