United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:55 AM
dunk

Default We need a Striker and a Fullback....

In the summer, of this everyone, including the club seems to agree.

This being the case, why do we not treat it as a vacant position and advertise for applicants?

That way we could see exactly who wants to come, who is worth going after and just cut out the whole 'dance' that normally goes on. We may even get a few surprising applicants. It would make it clear to their current club what they wanted and make it easier to strike a deal and would even give us options.

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Dunno why anyone thinks we needa striker, the black Eusebio is on his way.

Unread 28-02-2008, 11:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Dunno why anyone thinks we needa striker, the black Eusebio is on his way.
I really don't think Manucho will ever play for us. MOTWYW

Unread 28-02-2008, 12:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I really don't think Manucho will ever play for us. MOTWYW
I now consider you to be mad.

Unread 28-02-2008, 12:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
I don't think he will get a work permit in the summer, he won't have done much more in the next 6 months than he had already, and we struggle for Work Permits at the best of times. He is nearly 25 anyway, another season away on loan and he will be 26. Depending on the impact he makes at Panathinaikos, I think he will eventually join them or an equivalent club for £1.5 to £3m, which would be a very good bit of business for United in terms of profit for £#%&! all.

He may play during the summer tour of South Africa, as Dong did in the Far East.

Anyone know how he has done thus far in Greece?

Unread 28-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Unread 28-02-2008, 12:15 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I don't think he will get a work permit in the summer, he won't have done much more in the next 6 months than he had already, and we struggle for Work Permits at the best of times. He is nearly 25 anyway, another season away on loan and he will be 26. Depending on the impact he makes at Panathinaikos, I think he will eventually join them or an equivalent club for £1.5 to £3m, which would be a very good bit of business for United in terms of profit for £#%&! all.

He may play during the summer tour of South Africa, as Dong did in the Far East.

I don't think you can have seen him play, I really don't. He's tearing it up in Greece, literally, like a tornado.

Unread 28-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

Good post.

I can't believe people are hyping him up either. A few goals against second rate defences and all of a sudden he's Eto'o and Drogba rolled into one.

I seriously hope he wasn't supposed to be the only alternative to Tevez and Rooney.

Unread 28-02-2008, 12:19 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Good post.

I can't believe people are hyping him up either. A few goals against second rate defences and all of a sudden he's Eto'o and Drogba rolled into one.

I seriously hope he wasn't supposed to be the only alternative to Tevez and Rooney.
He's more like Adebayor and Tevez rolled into one actually. Kinda like a black Eusebio.

Unread 28-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
He's more like Adebayor and Tevez rolled into one actually. Kinda like a black Eusebio.
Yes, sure thing whackjob.

antonin jablonsky

[SIZE="7"]BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

dunk

Quote:
I don't think you can have seen him play, I really don't. He's tearing it up in Greece, literally, like a tornado.
Your dry Welsh wit makes it extremely difficult to determine whether you are wumming on Manucho or you actually do rate him.

Anyway, I'm going for you being on a WUM. He has yet to score in Greece as yet and, I reckon, that he is now all but spent following his ACN spurt, In which he did look a cut above the rest of the players on show, but that isn't really much of a compliment.

Unread 28-02-2008, 12:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Yes, sure thing whackjob.
Whackjob? You been watching NYPD Blue re-runs?

Unread 28-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
In keeping with this Fergie has said today that he is not that sure we need another striker given that Manny's work permit application was going through better than expected. He puts it down to his performances in the ACN really. I suppose that's why our interest in Benzema has cooled a bit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...cc=picbox&ct=5

Unread 28-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Aulus has publically 'blasted' Saf for unsettling Benzema. Even though he never one announced his interest in signing him (to my knowledge).

Unread 28-02-2008, 01:40 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Your dry Welsh wit makes it extremely difficult to determine whether you are wumming on Manucho or you actually do rate him.
Yes, the subtlety of 'black Eusebio' really left me uncertain about his seriousness.

Unread 28-02-2008, 01:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Yes, the subtlety of 'black Eusebio' really left me uncertain about his seriousness.
I was being a little sarcastic.

Unread 28-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Whalefish

Imagine the forum meltdown if Manucho was the only striker signing.

At the moment I'm more interested in Utd sorting out a quality full back. Mr P Lahm please.

That and Utd getting rid of MSI when they sign Tevez outright.

Unread 28-02-2008, 01:52 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
I'm completely serious, look at the size of the letters I used for the word boom.

Unread 28-02-2008, 01:53 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Imagine the forum meltdown if Manucho was the only striker signing.

I know, difficult to control such a heady mix of delight and excitement.
Closed Thread