United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2017, 09:42 PM
jem

if you read the match threads whilst watching the match, it's quite hard to understand how most of the "ffs, smalling! " relate to anything other than deluded prejudice. plus..... throb.

Unread 16-05-2017, 09:44 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if you read the match threads whilst watching the match, it's quite hard to understand how most of the "ffs, smalling! " relate to anything other than deluded prejudice. plus..... throb.
Can easily throw that accusation your way in regards Mourinho tbf

Unread 16-05-2017, 10:28 PM
gav81

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I feel some are trying to make this anti-mourinho just because he's so clearly a dick who makes mistakes.

the point is - we hired mourinho and we got mourinho. like we hired moyes and got £#%&!ing moyes.

next time, whether in a couple of weeks or a couple of decades, we should hire someone whose football philosophy and personality we admire. just in case he turns out to be like he is.
Exactly. Who didn't admire Keano's philosophy and personality whilst he drove United to great heights as our captain and the embodiment of Ferguson on the pitch? It's settled then.

Unread 16-05-2017, 10:46 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Can easily throw that accusation your way in regards Mourinho tbf
this is an amusing comment, but it is baseless.

Unread 16-05-2017, 11:02 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
this is an amusing comment, but it is baseless.
Not really.

You say throb throws around comments accusing Smalling of been shit.

You do the same in relation to Mourinho.

No difference.

*For the record, I can't understand your thing for Smalling at all.

Unread 16-05-2017, 11:09 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 16-05-2017, 11:11 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Not really.

You say throb throws around comments accusing Smalling of been shit.

You do the same in relation to Mourinho.

No difference.

*For the record, I can't understand your thing for Smalling at all.
There's one pretty big difference...

Unread 16-05-2017, 11:20 PM
MOE1948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Good point.....

6th and giving up on the league is in my opinion worth grief..

I don't want him out, but he's not above a dig.
;-) But he is the one that dug the hole BB

Unread 17-05-2017, 07:34 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
There's one pretty big difference...
Which is?

Unread 17-05-2017, 03:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOE1948
;-) But he is the one that dug the hole BB
He isn't responsible for our chronic inability to stick the ball in the net for much of the season (when we were actually playing quite well overall)

Unread 17-05-2017, 05:09 PM
Swagger

What's really disappointed me about Jose is his inability to finish chances that drop to him in the box at home games.

Unread 17-05-2017, 07:00 PM
gav81

The missed chances for what they are worth are still ultimately down to the man responsible for new players, training the squad, picking the team, setting the tactics...

It's like saying it's not Moyes' fault Evra was old, Rio was injured and he had to play most of the season with Jones, Smalling and Evans. Maybe so, but it falls on the manager's head.

Unread 17-05-2017, 07:10 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
The missed chances for what they are worth are still ultimately down to the man responsible for new players, training the squad, picking the team, setting the tactics...

It's like saying it's not Moyes' fault Evra was old, Rio was injured and he had to play most of the season with Jones, Smalling and Evans. Maybe so, but it falls on the manager's head.
Ferguson took those five centre halfs to within goal differemce of three titles on the spin, that season was all Moyes fault, no one on this board or who has ever supported United would argue it wasn't, it's only in the post Moyes revisionism that Fergie left a shambles of a squad, and even then we've spent a fair chunk of £500million updating it. We could likely have bought the first team squads of some teams that finished ahead of us for less, probably most of them for net,

I agree with your first para and the broad thrust of your argument,

Unread 17-05-2017, 09:21 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81

I agree , if he has the guts then one forward should stay and that's rashford or he should go. The players up top are not good enough or old. Played enough games now to figure it out. The midf is meh our keepers are good and a couple of defenders but after that their soft or shit or both as a squad.
Closed Thread