United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Child of Darkness

Default United road v Stretford end

Back in the day whilst the Stretford end was huge and dominating and the draw of its power was undeniable like a footballing soviet army -there was something feral and pleasingly dangerous about being in the united road end . It felt different and special to me . We were often the offspring of Salfordians . Simply cos that's the way we would walk to the ground . A pleasing accident of geography- but It felt like The underbelly of Mancunian separatism and non conformism.
Like being with the kids who wagged school and sniffed glue out of Plastic Bags lunch times.

Ive undoubtedly spent far more time in the Stretford end over the years esp after the sanitisation of OT. But I confess I preferred it in the united road end . Notwithstanding the flying coins and inability to move at times.

I Mourn the passing of these small outposts of rebellion . The ability to get a laugh by simply shouting "you £#%&!ing @#%&!" at the opportune moment . The heady pleasure of being amongst several thousand like minded men and boys all utterly dedicated to the utter destruction of who ever was not in red that day . And it was the destruction of "them " that bound us together .

Unread 15-04-2017, 10:53 AM
Stickman

Excalibur

Unread 15-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Cream

United Rd for the plebs and K Stand for the cultured thugs.

Stretford end scruffs.

Unread 15-04-2017, 11:15 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
The ability to get a laugh by simply shouting "you £#%&!ing @#%&!" at the opportune moment.
You're confusing rebellion with Tourette's.

But yeah, United Road. Back over the bridge and jump on the 92 home, funnily enough.

Unread 15-04-2017, 11:20 AM
believe

Always been a Stretford Ender apart from one season in the scoreboard paddock when it was being rebuilt. Was one of the first few hundred pac-a-mac wearers when it reopened

K stand was a basically a breeding ground for people would eventually serve food in a sink.

Unread 15-04-2017, 11:26 AM
Switching Off

NT3 reds

Unread 15-04-2017, 11:33 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Always been a Stretford Ender apart from one season in the scoreboard paddock when it was being rebuilt. Was one of the first few hundred pac-a-mac wearers when it reopened

K stand was a basically a breeding ground for people would eventually serve food in a sink.
Lolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
You're confusing rebellion with Tourette's.

But yeah, United Road. Back over the bridge and jump on the 92 home, funnily enough.
135 mate . Took £#%&!in years . Better to walk to Piccadilly and get the train .

Unread 15-04-2017, 11:41 AM
sa7

Quote:

I Mourn the passing of these small outposts of rebellion . The ability to get a laugh by simply shouting "you £#%&!ing @#%&!" at the opportune moment.
As opposed to being threatened with ejection by some tit in a hi vis jacket.

Unread 15-04-2017, 11:47 AM
Horst_ Bucholst

Scoreboard Paddock

Unread 15-04-2017, 11:49 AM
irk

Didn't United Road at it's barmiest used to be adults? Chock fill of loons especially in that end paddock.

Unread 15-04-2017, 12:00 PM
HarkNowHear

"Smiler give us a wave"

Unread 15-04-2017, 12:23 PM
Denis Irwell

Phases

But yeah. Stret first and United Rd later. Did all parts of the ground. Actually started in United Rd when the old fella took me as a kid.

Salfordians.

Unread 15-04-2017, 12:35 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by horst_ bucholst
scoreboard paddock
jcl

Unread 15-04-2017, 12:38 PM
flixton

Stretford End Paddock.

Special treat for evening matches were the Stretford End seats.

Unread 15-04-2017, 12:58 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

There were occasions that reds weren't allowed into the corner bit of Utd Rd paddock depending on the away following numbers when games weren't all ticket.
Think this game against Newcastle was the furthest I've seen away fans allocated round the paddock for a league game.

Great game too

Unread 15-04-2017, 01:06 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Exactly the same as me that. How our paths have never crossed I'll never know. Thank £#%&! they haven't though.

Unread 15-04-2017, 01:07 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Exactly the same as me that. How our paths have never crossed I'll never know. Thank £#%&! they haven't though.
Agreed

Unread 15-04-2017, 01:17 PM
no fun

Stretford end as a nipper, occasionally bunk into Stretford end seats

Then onto the scoreboard end to watch the bigger boys off our estate beat up away fans

Then scoreboard paddock where I made a lifelong friend in dufflecoat Jim, still go to gigs with him

Then that @#%&! thatcher/those scouse @#%&!s ruined it all

Unread 15-04-2017, 01:29 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
There were occasions that reds weren't allowed into the corner bit of Utd Rd paddock depending on the away following numbers when games weren't all ticket.
Think this game against Newcastle was the furthest I've seen away fans allocated round the paddock for a league game.

Great game too
https://youtu.be/UjEvnOtrOhQ
Brilliant that mate , remember that game well - could have been 10

Unread 15-04-2017, 01:34 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
135 mate . Took £#%&!in years . Better to walk to Piccadilly and get the train .
So happy when the Metrolink went in. Much easier, especially when the Eccles line went in.
Closed Thread