United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-04-2017, 03:50 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I think that bashing Lingard is a bit much, tbh.

He is basically a squad player, and is only getting regular starts right now because of who we have unavailable.

People also used to whine about Park back in the day for similar reasons, they were wrong too.
He's not a good squad player though. He offers nothing. Oh but he's scored in 2 cup finals

Unread 16-04-2017, 03:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I think that bashing Lingard is a bit much, tbh.

He is basically a squad player, and is only getting regular starts right now because of who we have unavailable.

People also used to whine about Park back in the day for similar reasons, they were wrong too.
Bit harsh to compare arguably the best player that asia has produced with Jesse £#%&!ing Lingard. I was never Park's biggest fan but Lingard is nowhere near as good as him.

Unread 16-04-2017, 03:54 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Bit harsh to compare arguably the best player that asia has produced with Jesse £#%&!ing Lingard. I was never Park's biggest fan but Lingard is nowhere near as good as him.
It was such an irrelevant comparison I couldn't be bothered addressing it. So cheers.

Unread 16-04-2017, 03:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It was such an irrelevant comparison I couldn't be bothered addressing it. So cheers.
The criticism JSP used to get from some on here was remarkably similar, in fact.

My main point is that Lingard is a SQUAD PLAYER, you seemed to be implying he was in our best XI - he's not.

Unread 16-04-2017, 04:02 PM
utd99

Quote:
The criticism JSP used to get from some on here was remarkably similar, in fact.

My main point is that Lingard is a SQUAD PLAYER, you seemed to be implying he was in our best XI - he's not.
I don't know what you're talking about. Best XI, worst XI, what does any of that mean when he starts most games and isn't good enough to do so? Whatever; if you're happy that this is the new standard then I'm happy for you.

Linners playing well, Rashford outstanding...

Unread 16-04-2017, 05:25 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I don't know what you're talking about. Best XI, worst XI, what does any of that mean when he starts most games and isn't good enough to do so? Whatever; if you're happy that this is the new standard then I'm happy for you.

Linners playing well, Rashford outstanding...
A performance like today is what I am talking about when I am positive about Lingard. That complimentary piece, good movement, tidy use of the ball, team first. In a functioning team those are useful qualities, no ego to his play.

Unread 16-04-2017, 05:45 PM
NottsRed.

This is the best performance in years probably since fergie left and our fans are singing about Eric cantona and zlatan whos sub

Unread 16-04-2017, 05:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed.
This is the best performance in years probably since fergie left and our fans are singing about Eric cantona and zlatan whos sub
Wrong thread, pal

Unread 16-04-2017, 06:02 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
A performance like today is what I am talking about when I am positive about Lingard. That complimentary piece, good movement, tidy use of the ball, team first. In a functioning team those are useful qualities, no ego to his play.
Can't criticise anyone on that field today.