United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-07-2018, 06:53 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
With all due respect to Rashford, he couldn't get in England's team at the world cup, and they're f***ing garbage.

16 fewer minutes than Lingard in the PL last season. 232 more than Trent Alexander Arnold.

In the top 11 players for United on minutes played last season.

Unread 18-07-2018, 07:01 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Alexander-Arnold started Champions League knock out games and the final while our own prodigious right back was sent to South London last season, and got only one league start - on the final day - in the whole of 2016/17.
I'm sure if Valencia had been injured like Clyne was, Fosu would have been kept and played more.

It's all about luck and timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Maybe Riccers’ attempts to avoid this truth will finally catch Saffers’ eye
What truth?

Most united fans believe what riccers is saying. It's not pro mou to say what he said. Its purely pro-facts and reason.

Unread 18-07-2018, 10:03 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Still didn't stop him missing the 2 best chances they created in the whole tournament.
Surely that was Harry Kane?

Unread 18-07-2018, 10:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

What truth?

Most united fans believe what riccers is saying. It's not pro mou to say what he said. Its purely pro-facts and reason.
Pretty much every red I know, whatever else they disagree on, think Rashford hasn't been managed well.

The nonsense about appearances is very weak. It's about development and giving sustained trust, not token appearances.

Unread 18-07-2018, 10:10 PM
u wot mate

:jannerz smiley:

Unread 18-07-2018, 10:10 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Pretty much every red I know, whatever else they disagree on, think Rashford hasn't been managed well.

The nonsense about appearances is very weak. It's about development and giving sustained trust, not token appearances.
I'd almost rather he were being picked less, in this side. Playing Mouball isn't good for anyone. Well, Dave maybe.

Unread 18-07-2018, 10:11 PM
jem

siders > saffers

soz, siders. I know it doesn't seem like much of a compliment.

Unread 18-07-2018, 10:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
Surely that was Harry Kane?
Deffo. Maybe the worst miss of the tourney. But we don't talk about that because he scored against Tunisia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I'd almost rather he were being picked less, in this side. Playing Mouball isn't good for anyone. Well, Dave maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
siders > saffers

soz, siders. I know it doesn't seem like much of a compliment.
Saffers is my bro for a decade pal. Once Mou does one we'll be tight again

Unread 18-07-2018, 10:45 PM
Cream

Quote:

Unread 18-07-2018, 11:00 PM
jem

Quote:
Once Mou does one we'll be tight again

Unread 18-07-2018, 11:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
To put some meat on those bones, since Sanchez arrived half of Rashford's appearances have been under 20 mins. Most of them under 15 mins. He's not learning much in 15 mins at the end of games we're usually seeing out a lead.

Unread 18-07-2018, 11:55 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Alexander-Arnold started Champions League knock out games and the final while our own prodigious right back was sent to South London last season, and got only one league start - on the final day - in the whole of 2016/17.
We don’t have a prodigious right back.

Quote:
To put some meat on those bones, since Sanchez arrived half of Rashford's appearances have been under 20 mins. Most of them under 15 mins. He's not learning much in 15 mins at the end of games we're usually seeing out a lead.
You don’t have a clue what he is and isn’t learning. Beckham was on loan at Preston at his age.

Unread 19-07-2018, 12:30 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
We don’t have a prodigious right back.

You don’t have a clue what he is and isn’t learning. Beckham was on loan at Preston at his age.
Beckham went on loan to Preston for a few weeks pal.

Strange comparison anyway. Momentum is important in a footballer's career. Things that challenged and developed Beckham at the same age may not work for Rashford. And the key question is whether he's being improved. At the moment it doesn't appear so.

Unread 19-07-2018, 05:07 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Beckham went on loan to Preston for a few weeks pal.

Strange comparison anyway. Momentum is important in a footballer's career. Things that challenged and developed Beckham at the same age may not work for Rashford. And the key question is whether he's being improved. At the moment it doesn't appear so.
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...y-squashed-him

The free kick king

Unread 19-07-2018, 05:27 AM
Knockers

The never-ending Mourinho proxy war on here has me completely lost. Which side is it that now thinks Rashford is shit? I’ve no idea what’s going on.

FWIW I adore him and when I can bear to talk to mates who follow city he’s the only one of our players they’re scared of in the slightest.

Unread 19-07-2018, 05:51 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
The truth being that he has started 23 games for United, so it’s utterly disingenuous to put him in a chart where every other player has a far higher ratio of starts to appearances
id argue bernardo and william arent regular starters

Unread 19-07-2018, 07:35 AM
Clownbones

Daft chart

Says nothing about how much faith is being shown in the player. Which position... is he subbed when it matters.... Is he dropped easily....

Jose likes big dull forward, older players he trusts

Lukaku for Rashford. Sanchez for martial

The kids are dumped whenever they f*** up.... The other two are allowed to play shit and nothing happens

Fellaini is a board with a nail in it. New deal. Blind has technical ability. Sold.

It's what he does it's what he's always done. This is what we hired. Don't know why anyone is surprised or arguing it tbh.

Unread 19-07-2018, 08:00 AM
AK14

Quote:
Is this another one of your made up stats pal?

Facts are that Rashers is being used correctly for a player of his age and ability in the modern game. There aren’t many other players in world football at a top club of similar age and ability that are getting the chances he’s getting.

Unread 19-07-2018, 08:04 AM
Bunker Buster

Rashford getting chances

Give us a shout when he drops the lump and gives rashers 4 B2B games..

Unread 19-07-2018, 09:13 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Daft chart

Says nothing about how much faith is being shown in the player. Which position... is he subbed when it matters.... Is he dropped easily....

Jose likes big dull forward, older players he trusts

Lukaku for Rashford. Sanchez for martial

The kids are dumped whenever they £#%&! up.... The other two are allowed to play shit and nothing happens

Fellaini is a board with a nail in it. New deal. Blind has technical ability. Sold.

It's what he does it's what he's always done. This is what we hired. Don't know why anyone is surprised or arguing it tbh.
What he has always done is win League titles. That is why he was hired.

He isn't doing it, and it would be a miracle if he did it with this team of predominantly shit@#%&!s he has assembled.
Closed Thread