United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default United to investigate the dippers for their conduct re Gabby.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pa...&newsid=465712

Sir Alex Ferguson has promised United will "not let Liverpool off" in an investigation into the Anfield club's conduct in the recent Gabriel Heinze affair.

Whilst the Reds boss said he had no qualms with Heinze, a player he described as a "warrior" for the club in three years at Old trafford, he did express his frustration at the 29-year-old's agent and recent comments made by Rafael Benitez.

Heinze joined Real Madrid this week, but the move only came a failed, drawn out attempt to join Liverpool, which ended with a three-man Premier League panel ruling against the player's claims that a letter signed by Reds chief executive David Gill gave him license to sign for United's rivals as the stated fee had been met.

"We are looking at Liverpool's whole role in this," said Sir Alex on Friday, although he would not go into specifics.

"We are not letting them off with it. That is what we are investigating."

Asked whether it was a case of 'tapping up' Heinze, Sir Alex said: "David Gill is working on it at the moment. We will get to the bottom of it and see how it comes out."

More follows...

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Smurf

With Barwick in charge, a likely outcome is for us to receive a points deduction.

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:03 AM
chorleyred

would be the icing on the cake

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

How did Benitez have such in depth knowledge of the contents of Gills fax to Gabby? United didn't give permission for contact to be made yet Benitez made it clear he knew what was in the letter during his meltdown this week.

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
How did Benitez have such in depth knowledge of the contents of Gills fax to Gabby? United didn't give permission for contact to be made yet Benitez made it clear he knew what was in the letter during his meltdown this week.
Maybe the agent told him?

Whats the deal with that? Can agents talk directly to other clubs on the players behalf, giving details of contract etc etc?

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:13 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf
Maybe the agent told him?

Whats the deal with that? Can agents talk directly to other clubs on the players behalf, giving details of contract etc etc?
I'm not sure. It'll be interesting anyway and I'm glad Fergie's essentially told the fat Peter Kay to £#%&! off.

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Manchester

I thought Heinze was touted around the majority of clubs, so would no doubt be hard to get them for tapping him up.

Strange on the other hand though that liverpool let him use their lawyers etc to progress his legal case.

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:16 AM
24hr Leavesey

Liverpool will get their wrist slapped for trying to get another club involved in this, nothing more.

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:19 AM
signed dc

pots & kettles spring to mind.

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
pots & kettles spring to mind.
In reference to?

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:45 AM
signed dc

tapping up

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:47 AM
puressence

saint ferie would never tap a player up ..ffs hes worse than anyone

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:48 AM
Jack Duckworth

tapping up goes on all the time in football, and united have tapped up their fair share in the past (van nistelrooy, stam, rooney all spring to mind).

we should just let it like. i'd expect united to be above all this cheap sniping, we've got more important things to worry about.

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:49 AM
evian

what was their punishment when they were found guilty of tapping up zeige? pointless complaining as everyone is at it and with toothless administrators it's never going to stop.

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
tapping up goes on all the time in football, and united have tapped up their fair share in the past (van nistelrooy, stam, rooney all spring to mind).

we should just let it like. i'd expect united to be above all this cheap sniping, we've got more important things to worry about.
Correct.

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:57 AM
El Calafate

i love the fact that fergie actually does hate liverpool.

£#%&!in brilliant!

nft.

Unread 24-08-2007, 12:19 PM
The Return of JC

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
i love the fact that fergie actually does hate liverpool.

£#%&!in brilliant!

nft.
Was just about to type the same. I also love how he clearly, obviously, blatantly hates them!

He always has too. I'm all for this level of hostility too. Just £#%&! off. I wouldn't expect any different from them either.

Let's just stay the £#%&! away from each other. Why would we go about business like any two other clubs when we don't treat each other like just another club when it comes to everything else.

They hate us and we hate them and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Unread 24-08-2007, 12:25 PM
dunk

It is one thing to 'tap up' a player in order to discover if he would be interested in a transfer.

It is quite another to encourage a player to undertake legal advice in order to force a move away from his current club, who you know have no intention of selling him to you, then to pay £150,000.00 in lawyers fees on behalf of the player before bitching and moaning to any and everyone because your underhanded strong arm tactics didn't work.

Unread 24-08-2007, 07:28 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It is one thing to 'tap up' a player in order to discover if he would be interested in a transfer.

It is quite another to encourage a player to undertake legal advice in order to force a move away from his current club, who you know have no intention of selling him to you, then to pay £150,000.00 in lawyers fees on behalf of the player before bitching and moaning to any and everyone because your underhanded strong arm tactics didn't work.
Correct, take the scousers to the cleaners if we can. Or on the other hand put in a cheeky bid for one of their players just to see Rafa combust He must be close to boiling point, lets see how crazy we can send him.

Unread 24-08-2007, 07:30 PM
£#%&! KFC

''the greatest thing I ever achieved was knocking Liverpool off THEIR £#%&!ING PERCH"

Closed Thread