United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Pudge_Bear

Exclamation Gabby can't sign for liverpool

Just come across this on another site, may have already been posted....

Article 17 of Fifa's rules governing transfers. Players can buy out their contracts after the third year of a longer fixed-term contract, or just two years if they are aged over 28. There are two stipulations: the player must hand in his notice in the 15 days following his club's last official match of the third season, and he may not move to a club in the same country.'

Journos don't half make up some shit.

Unread 15-07-2007, 04:30 PM
waynes ear's

just read that myself on the sanctuary

Unread 15-07-2007, 04:33 PM
bobbledinho

Surely Liverpool will just buy him.

Unread 15-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
Surely Liverpool will just buy him.
Then we have the choice as whether to sell him to them.

Unread 15-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Spiffy

If we agree to sell him to Liverpool, it just goes to show what a bunch of @#%&!s we have running the club, Fergie included.

Unread 15-07-2007, 04:59 PM
keane Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
If we agree to sell him to Liverpool, it just goes to show what a bunch of @#%&!s we have running the club, Fergie included.
Correct.

Unread 15-07-2007, 05:07 PM
punk_football

Peaking Hard I can keep my Heinze Shirt

Unread 15-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
If we can take the piss on the fee I wouldn't be entirely against it, he wouldn't really improve them at all. Talk of 6 million is a joke. Chopra, Koumas, Kamara etc have all gone for similar. Even Curtis £#%&!ing Davies is touted at £8 million. 29 year-old Argentinian internationals should not be in the same bracket.

Unread 15-07-2007, 05:10 PM
punk_football

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
If we can take the piss on the fee I wouldn't be entirely against it, he wouldn't really improve them at all. Talk of 6 million is a joke. Chopra, Koumas, Kamara etc have all gone for similar. Even Curtis £#%&!ing Davies is touted at £8 million. 29 year-old Argentinian internationals should not be in the same bracket.
For the dippers I would stick another 2 infront of the 6.

Unread 15-07-2007, 05:12 PM
koppas

Surely we will sell him. That rule means £#%&! all in this instance.

If Liverpool offer enough for him, we will accept.

Unread 15-07-2007, 05:17 PM
waynes ear's

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_football
Peaking Hard I can keep my Heinze Shirt
good lad

Unread 15-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Why? From what i can gather you don't even rate him ffs

If the money is good enough and he wants to go what's the big problem?

Of course, if you actually do rate him and are worried he'll fit into the way the vermin play then fair enough. That would be a different argument altogether.

Unread 15-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Of course, if you actually do rate him and are worried he'll fit into the way the vermin play then fair enough. That would be a different argument altogether.
Incidentally, he probably would fit in to the way they play, and thats one of the things that make them so £#%&!ing shite. The back 4 are set up to defend and thats it, he would be good at that, but if they keep playing that way then they won't get near the league yet again. Heinze as a modern day full back for a top team is £#%&!.

Unread 15-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

I don't think I've ever commented on his footballing ability. Personally I don't think he's as good as Evra but who can guarantee Evra's fitness? If he doesn't buy himself out I'd rather keep him as back up and let him play in the Carling Cup. We need more strength in depth, we've made some good acquisitions. I hope we don't blow it by not having adequate cover when the injuries come in (which they will). We should be offloading players who aren't good enough for the bench, Gabby is.

Unread 15-07-2007, 06:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I don't think I've ever commented on his footballing ability. Personally I don't think he's as good as Evra but who can guarantee Evra's fitness? If he doesn't buy himself out I'd rather keep him as back up and let him play in the Carling Cup. We need more strength in depth, we've made some good acquisitions. I hope we don't blow it by not having adequate cover when the injuries come in (which they will). We should be offloading players who aren't good enough for the bench, Gabby is.
He's hardly likely to stay motivated if he's only got the League Cup to get up for. I certainly think he should want to stay at United, though.

Unless our entire back 5 starts dropping like flies again we have adequate cover in defence just as we did last season. If last season is the barometer of to be expected injuries of course, we will no doubt have half a dozen midfielders sidelined come next April and the usual suspects will be lamenting our lack of foresight in that area of the squad.

If the money offered for Heinze is right then there's no problem in selling him at all, even to the vermin.

Unread 15-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Coracao

I've got the stage with Heinze where i'd prefer Silvestre at full back.

Unread 15-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Stone Monkey

I hope he £#%&!s off TBH If he's even contemplating playing for that shower of shit then we don't need the rat in our camp.

Hope Ronnie gives him a right £#%&!ing skinning.

@#%&!

Unread 15-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Heinze is not a bad player, he would add a bit of physical strength to liverpool and i for one definitely dont want to see that happen, from a defending point of view he's pretty solid, going forward he's not so good and his crossing is pretty gash but liverpool have other players for that side of things and so wont be too bothered, they probably see him as a tough physical presence that they can use in certain situations.

We should not be in the business of helping liverpool get stronger. nft.

Unread 15-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Bloody hell if a meteorite fell to earth and killed your next door neighbour's cat you'd cry "Fergie out!" Give it a rest

Unread 15-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
Bloody hell if a meteorite fell to earth and killed your next door neighbour's cat you'd cry "Fergie out!" Give it a rest
Very harsh that, we shouldnt be selling heinze to liverpool and if we do then it DOES show that fergie et al ARE a bunch of @#%&!s.
Closed Thread