United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2017, 03:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Felt like he was dissing my mum tbh, but he wasn't really I suppose. Nvm.

Unread 05-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Might watch it from your mum's box tbh

Careful, pal. Might need to get a can down you.
Hard to feel inspired by the competition when the only thing stopping Utd from winning it is boredom.

Unread 05-05-2017, 04:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
the beckham one is unsaveable - it's the old john barnes free-kick. seem to remember beckham slotted one of them against villa as well.

the rashford one is a brilliant technique but relies on the keeper moving.

Unread 05-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the beckham one is unsaveable - it's the old john barnes free-kick. seem to remember beckham slotted one of them against villa as well.

the rashford one is a brilliant technique but relies on the keeper moving.
Yes, late in the treble season wasn't it?

Would you consider the free kick at City similar? more central, but still reversed back across. Terrible description that

Unread 05-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Might watch it from your mum's box tbh
widescreen baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Yes, late in the treble season wasn't it?

Would you consider the free kick at City similar? more central, but still reversed back across. Terrible description that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dri6LVJ0E4A
no. it's the one from a post or outside it that goes across the keeper into the other post. beckham used in it open play as well, like spurs at home in that treble season. always remember seeing barnes use it in that brilliant 87/88 liverpool season.

Unread 05-05-2017, 07:22 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I couldn't even name the previous five winners

But it's not just about prestigue. It's about enjoying the football and hopefully having a few memorable games and a goon or two. Cup winners cup never really had prestigue but 90/91 wasn't bad as a United supporter.
Bet someone like Ste doesn't think the Europa is embarrassing.
Oh it's £#%&!ing shit for sure. But we are where we are and we have one foot in the final. And if we win it, I'll be one of the happiest people around because my kids will be at their first European Final and for me, that's what it's all about. They won't give a £#%&! that it's just the Europa League

As we all know, winning trophies becomes a habit and if we pick 2 up this season, it'll be a buzz for everyone at the club. I guarantee they'd rather win this now, get the cup and a medal than come 4th. Win it, kick on next season with a lot of confidence.

What I will say about this EL campaign. I've enjoyed the trips to all the new places a lot more than I did visiting the same places in the champions league. The Vigo trip was a delight, beautiful place.

Saying that, I hope we never, ever step foot in this competition again.

Unread 05-05-2017, 07:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

What I will say about this EL campaign. I've enjoyed the trips to all the new places a lot more than I did visiting the same places in the champions league. The Vigo trip was a delight, beautiful place.

Hope your kids get to the final mate...

Unread 05-05-2017, 07:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Oh it's £#%&!ing shit for sure. But we are where we are and we have one foot in the final. And if we win it, I'll be one of the happiest people around because my kids will be at their first European Final and for me, that's what it's all about. They won't give a £#%&! that it's just the Europa League

As we all know, winning trophies becomes a habit and if we pick 2 up this season, it'll be a buzz for everyone at the club. I guarantee they'd rather win this now, get the cup and a medal than come 4th. Win it, kick on next season with a lot of confidence.

You remember Vigo

Think I'm easily as invested in United getting to the Final so your kids get to see it as I am for us to win it

Unread 05-05-2017, 08:27 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Got to back my boy Siders here (and Fergie)

Up till last night I've hardly enjoyed a minute of it. Vile competition, disgusting clubs, kick off times, prestige....
Of course. But I think the same about the champions league these days. It's not the fault of the competition.

Unread 05-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Of course. But I think the same about the champions league these days. It's not the fault of the competition.
True.
Group stages of the CL became £#%&!ing mundane after the 90s

Knockout was always the bomb though

Unread 05-05-2017, 09:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Great, I don't...

A semi final first leg () kicked off at 17:30 the other evening...

Felt a bit sick, honestly...

Unread 05-05-2017, 10:47 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Got to back my boy Siders here (and Fergie)

Up till last night I've hardly enjoyed a minute of it. Vile competition, disgusting clubs, kick off times, prestige....

We used to mock the English teams who were in it...
Of course

Must be traumatising

Hope you get over it

Unread 05-05-2017, 10:50 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Of course

Must be traumatising

Hope you get over it

Unread 06-05-2017, 01:30 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
but for some atrocious finishing and refereeing.... and injuries ..... and team selections, tactics and substitutions (particularly when in winning positions) and the decision to take the europa league seriously.... sure. the fact is that we should be in the top four anyway.
It's ok luvvy. Jose will fix it just for you.
Closed Thread