United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2015, 03:19 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Maybe later...

I was looking for him sorting Torres out at Anfield...

http://youtu.be/_5IMpnQCGJ0

He was absolutely imperious that day. Most comfortable I've ever seen is defend at Anfield.

Unread 31-05-2015, 07:15 AM
Swagger

Best defender in the history of the game.

IMO so £#%&! off with your hipster choices who you've never seen play a full game.

Unread 31-05-2015, 07:43 AM
shenwen

United player retires with class and dignity la

Who'd have imagined it?

And despite all faux Scouse teardrops, Gerard the @#%&! isn't even retiring.

Unread 31-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Part 36 Offer

absolutely loved Rio. Met him a couple of times as well and he's a top bloke.

Incredible defender. Best centre half I've seen at United by some distance. A snip at 30m. Who else can you say that about? Not many. A genuine world class player.

Unread 31-05-2015, 10:05 AM
andyroo

Someone I know (who's a Leeds fan and hates United) was at Robbie Keane's wedding, most of the Leeds boys were over for it... almost all of them spent the whole time in the VIP area, only Rio took the time to chat to people and sign autographs for the kids

Unread 31-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Ginners

deserves his own statue, absolute legend

Unread 31-05-2015, 11:52 AM
believe

Always liked him

Unread 31-05-2015, 12:20 PM
dragflick

Talking

Unread 31-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Crumps

Think the fact that pure isn't a world class centre half renders his opinions null and void tbh.

Unread 31-05-2015, 01:10 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Think the fact that pure isn't a world class centre half renders his opinions null and void tbh.
He is a world class halfwit though

Unread 31-05-2015, 01:16 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA

Consistent, fine, but absolutely dead wrong here. So he £#%&!ed up with the drugs thing, possibly had a mooch with kenyon. Who £#%&!ing cares? He was absolutely imperious and without peer on the pitch for the best part of 5 years if not longer.

And yes, he was better than Stam. I didn't see a load of Mcgrath but from what I have seen your opinion that he's better seems based on nostalgia more than anything. Different game anyway, 30 years apart.
Woah there! Stam in 98-99 was awesome. Basically a one-man defence. Rio was great over a longer period but Stam that season was imperious. Might have been nandrolone fuelled but frankly who cares?

Just noticed you used imperious too. I'm leaving it in.

Unread 31-05-2015, 01:17 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
It's not that, it's the fact that pure doesn't even believe it himself but is only posting this shit to get a rise.

Unread 31-05-2015, 03:30 PM
dunk

You £#%&!ing thick @#%&!

Unread 31-05-2015, 03:34 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
i forget crumps we have a forum full of them

Stam clearly failed an internal drug test and was shipped out at the first possible opportunity.

Unread 31-05-2015, 03:34 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You £#%&!ing thick @#%&!
you keep saying so ........well done

Unread 31-05-2015, 03:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
you keep saying so ........well done
At least you knew who it was aimed at

Unread 31-05-2015, 03:54 PM
jem

Quote:
neither were anywhere near paul mcgrath that isnt opinion that is fact
aside from the grammar, this is absolutely correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
I didn't see a load of Mcgrath but from what I have seen your opinion that he's better seems based on nostalgia more than anything. Different game anyway, 30 years apart.
soz, but it ain't nostalgia. mcgrath played in a largely shit team (albeit with robson, hughes and whiteside, who were better than anyone we have currently, and that could beat anyone in world football) and was a one-man defence. he was the best defender in a world that had baresi and maldini and not the soft @#%&!s in a world where vidic is considered a hard man. mcgrath had pace, vision, would stick his face in when the boots were flying and could play midfield. he was like ferdinand, stam and bruce rolled into one. and he played in constant pain (and maybe the odd haze). do not ever come out with this tripe again if you want to be taken seriously. mcgrath is, without question, the best defender I have ever seen. not at united. anywhere. if £#%&!ing only we could find another one.

Unread 31-05-2015, 03:58 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
aside from the grammar, this is absolutely correct.

soz, but it ain't nostalgia. mcgrath played in a largely shit team (albeit with robson, hughes and whiteside, who were better than anyone we have currently, and that could beat anyone in world football) and was a one-man defence. he was the best defender in a world that had baresi and maldini and not the soft @#%&!s in a world where vidic is considered a hard man. mcgrath had pace, vision, would stick his face in when the boots were flying and could play midfield. he was like ferdinand, stam and bruce rolled into one. and he played in constant pain (and maybe the odd haze). do not ever come out with this tripe again if you want to be taken seriously. mcgrath is, without question, the best defender I have ever seen. not at united. anywhere. if £#%&!ing only we could find another one.

dont forget jem football for most only started around 99 ..like you said pal an absolute beast who didnt train dare i say was even better at villa than us and that took some doing .....

Unread 31-05-2015, 03:59 PM
Switching Off

Alright calm down Mrs McGrath.

Unread 31-05-2015, 04:44 PM
red in cumbria

I know looking at the past through rose tinted spectacles is a thing - but McGrath was absolutely £#%&!ing amazing, nqat

Not for nothing that Fergal says letting him go when he did was one of his biggest regrets.

Rio was also amazing, mind
Closed Thread