United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-04-2015, 11:00 PM
Wez

Default West Ham in fresh move to land top target David Moyes

Quote:
Exclusive: Former Manchester United manager has been approached over job if Sam Allardyce goes
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...vid-Moyes.html

Unread 23-04-2015, 11:19 PM
Billy Redface

Don't really get all the Allardyce hate. he's not spectacular, but he's a good solid manager along with the likes of pardew or pulis and they're much sought after whenever the premier league jobs come up.

Dunno why West Ham think they should be doing any better than they are tbh. A mid table club in mid table.

Unread 23-04-2015, 11:45 PM
utd99

I dislike Allardyce more than Moyes tbh. 'Big Sam' is a horrible self serving @#%&!, slouched in his chair like some overweight toad. Nothing is ever his or his teams fault, it's always the ref or some snide comment about long balls. . The gall.

Little Dave is simply a decent fella who was out of his depth at United and drowned, badly.

Unread 23-04-2015, 11:48 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Don't really get all the Allardyce hate. he's not spectacular, but he's a good solid manager along with the likes of pardew or pulis and they're much sought after whenever the premier league jobs come up.

Dunno why West Ham think they should be doing any better than they are tbh. A mid table club in mid table.
Hence Moyes.

Unread 23-04-2015, 11:52 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I dislike Allardyce more than Moyes tbh. 'Big Sam' is a horrible self serving @#%&!, slouched in his chair like some overweight toad. Nothing is ever his or his teams fault, it's always the ref or some snide comment about long balls. . The gall.

Little Dave is simply a decent fella who was out of his depth at United and drowned, badly.
Big though. Gotta give him that.

Unread 23-04-2015, 11:53 PM
utd99

Probably tired of Allardyce trying to pocket part of every transfer fee, agent bungs and the players appearance bonuses. Fancy a change to a mid table manager who's honest at least.

Unread 23-04-2015, 11:54 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Hence Moyes.
Seems like it's being pegged as an ambitious move though. it'll take a lot to prise him away from his new life in Spain, especially as we know he can arbitrarily count to 'four' in Spanish in the middle of an English sentence.

Unread 24-04-2015, 08:18 AM
elhombre

The thing with Allardyce is that he's thick. Properly thick.

He reminds me of a young lad who is up to no good and instead of playing it cool, and trying to get away with it he can't keep his mouth shut and can't stop being a smug @#%&!... with his constant "i know something you don't know attitude..." he's a rum @#%&! who is transparent - hence why he got the tin tac from Bolton.

Utter dinosaur, compare him to LVG in demeanor and attitude. Car salesman v Barrister..

Unread 24-04-2015, 09:12 AM
sa7

The problem with fat Sam is he thinks he's better than Mourinho when he's about as good as Pulis

Unread 24-04-2015, 09:47 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

I've got a couple of west ham mates. They were really heartened by what they saw in the first half of the season; good entertaining football that brought results. At the first sign of a downturn, fat Sam reverted to type; safety first stuff which is shit to watch and has seen them drop down the league. The insistence of playing kevin Nolan is a source of great frustration too. They don't expect miracles, just to be entertained. Seems fair enough.

Unread 24-04-2015, 09:47 AM
TheFatGoth

David Moyes

Unread 24-04-2015, 12:04 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
They don't expect miracles, just to be entertained. Seems fair enough.
Am sure Blackburn & Newcastle fans were saying the same.

Not sure they'll gamble their place in the PL with their new stadium in mind. Allardyce might not be everyone's cup of tea, but he knows how to keep teams from getting relegated.

Would love to see West Ham go down personally, so hope he does £#%&! off. Would be even sweeter if the boggle-eyed freak was the one to take them down.

Unread 24-04-2015, 12:07 PM
Ginners

letting him go could come back to haunt us

Unread 24-04-2015, 12:09 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners

Unread 24-04-2015, 12:09 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKitchenSink
Am sure Blackburn & Newcastle fans were saying the same.

I think their expectations were far higher actually. And the point is West Ham were actually doing better playing with a slightly more risky style pre-chistmas.

Unread 24-04-2015, 12:13 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I think their expectations were far higher actually. And the point is West Ham were actually doing better playing with a slightly more risky style pre-chistmas.
Don't pay any real attention to them so will have to take your word for it. I do know that they'd be £#%&!ed financially, though, if they got relegated and were lumbered with the new stadium.

Unread 24-04-2015, 12:27 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners

Unread 24-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Time For Heroes

Has Big Sam sued the BBC yet for what they said about his son? Thought not.

Unread 24-04-2015, 01:15 PM
utd99

Sam Allardyce is an extreme example of the type of football manager I hate. Probably has a hundred carefully crafted statistics at hand which prove he is an elite manager, nothing is ever his fault, shady throwback to the Brian Clough brown envelope manager, only slightly more sophisticated to suit the times and the scrutiny. Was one of the first to have a tv installed in the dugout so he could get his rant over bad decisions in more expeditiously, conveniently ignoring all the calls that went his way. He's an arrogant #@&%!.

Worse of all, he actually believes he should be managing United, and it's only some predjudice against English coaches that holds him back. Not sure how less self aware anyone could be. I have news for you, Fergie is your big mate and he has no problem hiring a British manager, so if you were good enough you probably would be managing United you fat @#%&!.

God I despise him and that £#%&!ing accent.

Unread 24-04-2015, 02:21 PM
Neo

.................................................. ..................................................

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Sam Allardyce is an extreme example of the type of football manager I hate. Probably has a hundred carefully crafted statistics at hand which prove he is an elite manager, nothing is ever his fault, shady throwback to the Brian Clough brown envelope manager, only slightly more sophisticated to suit the times and the scrutiny. Was one of the first to have a tv installed in the dugout so he could get his rant over bad decisions in more expeditiously, conveniently ignoring all the calls that went his way. He's an arrogant #@&%!.

Worse of all, he actually believes he should be managing United, and it's only some predjudice against English coaches that holds him back. Not sure how less self aware anyone could be. I have news for you, Fergie is your big mate and he has no problem hiring a British manager, so if you were good enough you probably would be managing United you fat @#%&!.

God I despise him and that £#%&!ing accent.
Closed Thread