United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2014, 08:58 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
That's no way to go.

A parachute not opening... that's a way to die. Getting caught in the gears of a combine... having your nuts bit off by a Laplander, that's the way I wanna go!

Unread 25-04-2014, 09:22 PM
Ashley's Grime

John Entwistle surely?

Unread 25-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

When I went to imdb to get the exact quote, I was reminded how brilliant the film and that scene is. More laughs in this one scene the the whole of Bridesmaids

[Nordberg is being visited in the hospital by his wife, Wilma, along with Frank and Ed, after Nordberg had barely survived a massive gunfire by a group of ruffians. Wilma is taking the unfortunate circumstance pretty hard, and with no help from Frank's blunt assumptions and remarks about the situation]
Mrs. Nordberg: Oh, my poor Nordberg! He was such a good man, Frank. He never wanted to hurt anyone. Who would do such a thing?
Ed: It's hard to tell.
Frank: [being blunt] A roving gang of thugs, a blackmailer, an angry husband, a gay lover...
[Wilma sobs]
Ed: Frank, get a hold of yourself!
Frank: A good cop, needlessly cut down and ambushed by some cowardly hoodlum.
Ed: That's no way for a man to die.
Frank: [being blunt] Ah, you're right, Ed. A parachute not opening... that's a way to die. Getting caught in the gears of a combine... having your nuts bit off by a Laplander, that's the way I wanna go!
Mrs. Nordberg: [Wilma sobs again] Oh... Frank! Oh, this is terrible!
Ed: Don't you worry, Wilma. Your husband is going to be all right. Don't you worry about anything. Just think positive. Never let a doubt enter your mind.
Frank: [being blunt] He's right, Wilma. But I wouldn't wait until the last minute to fill out those organ donor cards.
[Wilma sobs again]
Ed: What I'm trying to say is that, Wilma, as soon as Nordberg is better, he's welcome back at Police Squad.
Frank: [being blunt] Unless he's a drooling vegetable. But I think that's only common sense.
[Wilma sobs again]

Unread 25-04-2014, 09:33 PM
Switching Off

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley

When I went to imdb to get the exact quote, I was reminded how brilliant the film and that scene is. More laughs in this one scene the the whole of Bridesmaids

[Nordberg is being visited in the hospital by his wife, Wilma, along with Frank and Ed, after Nordberg had barely survived a massive gunfire by a group of ruffians. Wilma is taking the unfortunate circumstance pretty hard, and with no help from Frank's blunt assumptions and remarks about the situation]
Mrs. Nordberg: Oh, my poor Nordberg! He was such a good man, Frank. He never wanted to hurt anyone. Who would do such a thing?
Ed: It's hard to tell.
Frank: [being blunt] A roving gang of thugs, a blackmailer, an angry husband, a gay lover...
[Wilma sobs]
Ed: Frank, get a hold of yourself!
Frank: A good cop, needlessly cut down and ambushed by some cowardly hoodlum.
Ed: That's no way for a man to die.
Frank: [being blunt] Ah, you're right, Ed. A parachute not opening... that's a way to die. Getting caught in the gears of a combine... having your nuts bit off by a Laplander, that's the way I wanna go!
Mrs. Nordberg: [Wilma sobs again] Oh... Frank! Oh, this is terrible!
Ed: Don't you worry, Wilma. Your husband is going to be all right. Don't you worry about anything. Just think positive. Never let a doubt enter your mind.
Frank: [being blunt] He's right, Wilma. But I wouldn't wait until the last minute to fill out those organ donor cards.
[Wilma sobs again]
Ed: What I'm trying to say is that, Wilma, as soon as Nordberg is better, he's welcome back at Police Squad.
Frank: [being blunt] Unless he's a drooling vegetable. But I think that's only common sense.
[Wilma sobs again]

Unread 25-04-2014, 09:45 PM
Felch

His wife was called...Montse.

Unread 25-04-2014, 09:54 PM
sa7

Poor bugger. Hope he rests in peace

Unread 25-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Spock

Never heard of him before he got the Barca job tbh

Was he a good player? If so must have passed me by

Unread 25-04-2014, 10:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Never heard of him before he got the Barca job tbh

Was he a good player? If so must have passed me by
Why, were you not very good?

Unread 25-04-2014, 10:03 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Journeyman career. First I'd heard of him was when Mourinho went the gouge.

Unread 25-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
At what mate

Unread 25-04-2014, 11:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
John Entwistle surely?
Been a few in that category - Nelson Rockefeller and a pre-war French president being others. Allegedly.

Unread 26-04-2014, 05:48 AM
Clarkie

The man had a great footballing brain and mind!
He could have had huge success and could have built another exciting Barcelona side!

Terrible shame and awful news! I hope the football world does something to honour him this weekend in the way of a round of applause or minutes silence

Unread 26-04-2014, 09:44 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
The man had a great footballing brain and mind!
He could have had huge success and could have built another exciting Barcelona side!

Terrible shame and awful news! I hope the football world does something to honour him this weekend in the way of a round of applause or minutes silence

Unread 26-04-2014, 09:58 AM
sa7

GCSE maths question.

A plane carrying 212 people crashes into a mountain.

Express (in hours) by how long the kick off at Anfield will be delayed the following weekend.

Unread 26-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
GCSE maths question.

A plane carrying 212 people crashes into a mountain.

Express (in hours) by how long the kick off at Anfield will be delayed the following weekend.

Unread 26-04-2014, 11:17 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Unread 26-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

Unread 26-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Pop

Guardiola: Tito was more than a friend. We were young, we have experienced a lot together, lost together, won together we wanted to eat the world, and we did. The sadness I feel will accompany me for the rest of my life.

Unread 26-04-2014, 10:22 PM
dinger

Are they qeueing up to look at a photo of the fella, Or is he lying in state in the stadium?
Closed Thread