Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2014, 01:07 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

he's £#%&!ing perfect for it ffs

you obviously never saw his sportsnight appearances as a pundit
Indeed I didn't. But I didn't say he should be a pundit, although I'd rather listen to him than Hansen ffs.

If he has much editorial control over the production values at the BBC, which I doubt, then he's culpable for what a horrific show MOTD is. As it stands, for me that he does a solid job in such awful company reflects well on him. He has nothing to work with.

Unread 13-03-2014, 01:12 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Indeed I didn't. But I didn't say he should be a pundit, although I'd rather listen to him than Hansen ffs.

If he has much editorial control over the production values at the BBC, which I doubt, then he's culpable for what a horrific show MOTD is. As it stands, for me that he does a solid job in such awful company reflects well on him. He has nothing to work with.
he used to sit next to hansen on sportsnight/motd early to mid 90s - neither of them have changed much.

have a look at him on the sportsnight special the night eric did that #@&%! at selhurst for starters

Unread 13-03-2014, 01:17 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
he used to sit next to hansen on sportsnight/motd early to mid 90s - neither of them have changed much.

have a look at him on the sportsnight special the night eric did that #@&%! at selhurst for starters
How am I supposed to do that?

But again, I'm talking more as a presenter. There are very few I wouldn't rather listen to than Hansen.

Unread 13-03-2014, 01:21 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

But again, I'm talking more as a presenter. There are very few I wouldn't rather listen to than Hansen.
whatever

they were trained in exactly the same way, in the same place, by the same people and they both still work in the same environment

that's why it's shit

Unread 13-03-2014, 01:23 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

someone must have it - i still had the vhs til 2 or 3 years ago

Unread 13-03-2014, 01:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
whatever

they were trained in exactly the same way, in the same place, by the same people and they both still work in the same environment

that's why it's shit
I've got no problem with what Lineker does. Often tries to broaden the discussion but it's hopeless.

Remember watching MOTD a few months ago with Murphy and Martinez in the studio and suddenly it was watchable.

Unread 13-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
I've got no problem with what Lineker does. Often tries to broaden the discussion but it's hopeless.

Remember watching MOTD a few months ago with Murphy and Martinez in the studio and suddenly it was watchable.

Strikes me as being a bit bitter at times... On MOTD he's had a few digs at us. I remember when Fergie said (wrongly) that us vs verm was the biggest game in the world and Linekar mentioned it about 6 times on his opening chatter.

Unread 13-03-2014, 10:04 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Strikes me as being a bit bitter at times... On MOTD he's had a few digs at us. I remember when Fergie said (wrongly) that us vs verm was the biggest game in the world and Linekar mentioned it about 6 times on his opening chatter.
I don't mind little digs, tbh. As long as it's across the board, which I think it is with him. That's what football fans do.

I really don't rate him enough to be defending him this much, though

Saving grace in all this is we get James Richardson presenting Champions League season after next. Chiles out; Jimbo in

Unread 13-03-2014, 04:29 PM
red in cumbria

ITV will probably just ruin him, though - its almost Moyesian in that respect
Closed Thread