Unread 06-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

four legs good, two legs better

who knew

Unread 06-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
personally I will be voting against it- I hate SKY Murdoch and all the right wing corporate shit that goes with it .

We can spend 30k on about 17 players !
This. The resolution is "that FC United of Manchester funds are not used to pay for Sky TV, or other subscription / pay-per-view based television channels".

The club's funds can and should be better spent elsewhere.

Unread 06-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
it's trade we should be giving them when the ground is built
Bar takings can be a massive source of income for non league clubs, so with all due respect to the local boozers, the club has to look out for itself on that score.

Not sure how it works at Gigg Lane and Stalybridge but presumably at ten acres the bar will be run by the club, for the club.

Unread 06-11-2012, 02:30 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Bar takings can be a massive source of income for non league clubs, so with all due respect to the local boozers, the club has to look out for itself on that score.

Not sure how it works at Gigg Lane and Stalybridge but presumably at ten acres the bar will be run by the club, for the club.
i know that but i still think we should at least show some support of the local boozers
using them to watch united games would be the perfect opportunity

Unread 06-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Scabs

I would have thought that taking Sky would be a betrayal of the club's founding principles and therefore a no-brainer?

Good luck to them, though, whatever they choose.

Unread 06-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Moston.

Unread 06-11-2012, 02:34 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Moston.
'pologies.

Unread 06-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
The resolution is "that FC United of Manchester funds are not used to pay for Sky TV, or other subscription / pay-per-view based television channels".
very carefully worded

are they allowed to use funds that are derived from Sky in the first place? or take Sky TV for nowt if it were offered?

as someone said up the thread, it's only a matter of time before FC has to join in the whole new ball game (full time) anyway. With all sincerity, it's a shame that just existing was never going to be enough, but there it is.

Unread 06-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Child of Darkness

its a members run club so we decide what we do with our money .

If we decide to donate the lot to Venezuelan one legged lesbian single mothers - then thats up to us . No @#%&! else .

There will probably be a motion on this given time and knowing the hippy faction at FC .

Unread 06-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
very carefully worded

are they allowed to use funds that are derived from Sky in the first place? or take Sky TV for nowt if it were offered?

as someone said up the thread, it's only a matter of time before FC has to join in the whole new ball game (full time) anyway. With all sincerity, it's a shame that just existing was never going to be enough, but there it is.
of course they are - FC will not be able to avoid TV money if they go higher up . Its about what you do with it that matters and how you (if at all) you listen to the members and fans .

Few clubs even give a shit about what the lad on the terrace thinks never mind let him vote on how the money is spent.

Unread 06-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Sparky***

Let's just hope that FC United don't progress beyond the £#%&!ing Clark's Plimsoll league or wherever they are. It would be a shame for reality to ruin this pretentious load of old arse.

Unread 06-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
its a members run club so we decide what we do with our money .

If we decide to donate the lot to Venezuelan one legged lesbian single mothers - then thats up to us . No @#%&! else .

There will probably be a motion on this given time and knowing the hippy faction at FC .
great.

should probably be working on a few backing vocals to the anti Sky songs though - you could have one stand singing the main verses and another singing the caveats

or you could have special FC Retro days when all the old values got an outing in song

Unread 06-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Zorg

Amazing how many people 'don't care' about FC isn't it.

Unread 06-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Amazing how many people 'don't care' about FC isn't it.
not really.

Unread 06-11-2012, 03:26 PM
eusker

I'm not legally trained but I'm not sure that football chants are legally binding contracts.

People who have a problem with a football club giving its members a say in how their money is spent.

Unread 06-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Child of Darkness

I hope the beer is good in this bar and they serve nice pies and tater ash

those are my needs

also girls in costumes would be nice

Unread 06-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by eusker
I'm not legally trained but I'm not sure that football chants are legally binding contracts.

People who have a problem with a football club giving its members a say in how their money is spent.

Yeah. How dare they use club funds to support local community projects and pretentiously put forward the motion that such projects should come before spending £30,000 so people can watch Sky

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/m_community.php

Unread 06-11-2012, 03:34 PM
eusker

Quote:
Yeah. How dare they use club funds to support local community projects and pretentiously put forward the motion that such projects should come before spending £30,000 so people can watch Sky

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/m_community.php
Bloody do-gooders.

I don't care about FC but I'm going to spend the next hour reading the internet in a bid to prove that they are hypocrites.

Unread 06-11-2012, 03:37 PM
My Name is Keith

FC's MRE crew plotting up how they're going 'to take it to' Ramsbottom FC later that day.

Unread 06-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Child of Darkness

also could we get sandies superstars to do a moston branch in the stadium with profits going to the club?

That way I could get £#%&!ed by the club and still enjoy it
Closed Thread