United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I might be wrong here but I'm pretty sure Valencia wasn't offside because the ball was played square rather than forward.
You are wrong, sorry. It was played marginally forward.

However, I believe Valencia wasn't offside for the same reason Gouffran wasn't - he didn't play the ball (I watched on a stream, looked to come off the defender's head?)

Unread 13-01-2014, 03:41 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

However, I believe Valencia wasn't offside for the same reason Gouffran wasn't - he didn't play the ball (I watched on a stream, looked to come off the defender's head?)
Different 'phase of play', anyway...

Unread 13-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Right, I've only seen the one replay tbf.

Quote:
He definitely didn't touch it.

Unread 13-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Gouffran clearly was not offside according to the rules becuase he did not impede Hart's view

Valencia wasn't offside because he made no attempt to play the ball and didn't impede those that did

Yorke wasn't offside because Giggs passed the ball round the corner to himself 30yds away you £#%&!ing dick

Unread 13-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Yorke wasn't offside because Giggs passed the ball round the corner to himself 30yds away you £#%&!ing dick
Worst decision ever that one.

Unread 13-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yep, incredible.

Unread 13-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Different 'phase of play', anyway...
I think Zorg means from Janujaz's cross, which was played right at him, not when the ball came back to him off the keeper.

Unread 13-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by janners

worried about the scumbags. Their away games are piece of piss unless suarez breaks a leg ()

West Bromwich Albion
Fulham
Southampton
Manchester United
Cardiff
West Ham
Norwich
Crystal Palace

look at the last 4 away games ffs

Hope everton/spurs keep their form up and will pip these @#%&!s to top 4 place. Our chance went with the spurs game. Could be 8 behind the murderers by next sunday
Yes, those away games don't look too tough on paper but teams at the bottom always seem to get surprise results near the end of the season and it just means that all their home games are hard ones so they're not guaranteed 3 points in any of them. It's a funny thing league football, apparently you get to play all teams both at home and away.

Unread 13-01-2014, 04:20 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Yes, those away games don't look too tough on paper but teams at the bottom always seem to get surprise results near the end of the season and it just means that all their home games are hard ones so they're not guaranteed 3 points in any of them. It's a funny thing league football, apparently you get to play all teams both at home and away.
Pretty sure that only came in with the Premier League and it's not in the par league or the woodwork league

Unread 13-01-2014, 06:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
But think of what we would have missed if the, I agree, overwhelmingly correct decision had been given. Funny game, football

Unread 13-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I think Zorg means from Janujaz's cross, which was played right at him, not when the ball came back to him off the keeper.
it was 3ft over his head, hence why he was not offside

Unread 13-01-2014, 07:42 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
'what goes around....." as far as Newcastle are concerned. Pity it was vs Ciddy but their "not interfering with play" goal at OT was absurd.

l.
this.....nobody on SSN even bothered mentioning it I see it was never a £#%&!ing goal.....same as their 'penalty' the year before when Ferdinand clearly won the ball, one of the worst penalty decisions I've seen that
Closed Thread