Unread 05-11-2012, 11:15 PM
forwardirektion

good shout imho

Unread 05-11-2012, 11:15 PM
wonky no

the bbc is subscribtion

Unread 05-11-2012, 11:16 PM
aardvark

will they accept sky cameras in the ground?

Unread 05-11-2012, 11:22 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
the bbc is subscribtion
good word

Unread 05-11-2012, 11:22 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark
will they accept sky cameras in the ground?
if it's contractual due to a competition entered of course they will.

Unread 05-11-2012, 11:24 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
good word
yeah man

Unread 06-11-2012, 12:15 AM
My Name is Keith

Laudable and all that but it's all getting a bit FC Amish.

It's like 1993 - 2005 was a Dallas style dream which didn't actually happen and was erased from the memory by the forming of a new club.

Unread 06-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

It's like 1993 - 2005 was a Dallas style dream which didn't actually happen and was erased from the memory by the forming of a new club.
this.

sounds a bit £#%&!ing stupid tbh.

Unread 06-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

It's not really though is it?

It's precisely because 1993-2005 did happen that those proposing the motion have strong feelings about it.

After having those years constantly moaning about TV £#%&!ing over their weekends it probably then sticks in their throat to fund it when they have a choice whether to or not.

If 1993-2005 had never happened then I doubt they would have strong feelings about it, they would have no reason to hate it surely?

It's not something I feel so strongly about, I have Virgin at home and watch United in the pub on Sky all the time, but will probably vote for it.

PS- The resolution isn't actually for the banning of Sky completely, just that general club funds raised by everyone shouldn't be used if there is a majority who don't wish for them to be. There is nothing stopping people who want Sky raising the money seperate from normal club funds and paying for it this way. It's just choice, no big deal really.

Unread 06-11-2012, 07:59 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

my main objection to it is it'll £#%&! the local pubs over
we should be giving them custom and them showing united games will guarantee that

Unread 06-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
we should be giving them custom and them showing united games will guarantee that
Which local pubs show the football?

Unread 06-11-2012, 08:11 AM
My Name is Keith

Oh I get the basic point alright about kick off times being moved about and that.

It's just that between 1993 and 2005, united also enjoyed a period of the club's greatest ever success and during that period, united clearly benefitted from sky money. I'm just not sure you can divorce the two as easily as it might be convenient to do so.

Obviously, I suppose you can moan about about kick off times whilst jumping about like a loon celebrating the treble but it doesn't feel quite right to me.

I'm down with FC etc etc so it's not a major point. Peace.

Unread 06-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Crumps

Wound up about nothing, as Blazini said just get a foreign dish ffs. Suppose there'd be £#%&! all to get all 6th form Che over then.

Unread 06-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
As far as I know, no FC fans currently watch any United games in pubs around Moston so how will they suffer ?

Unread 06-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Child of Darkness

personally I will be voting against it- I hate SKY Murdoch and all the right wing corporate shit that goes with it .

We can spend 30k on about 17 players !

Unread 06-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Wound up about nothing, as Blazini said just get a foreign dish ffs. Suppose there'd be £#%&! all to get all 6th form Che over then.
brilliant

Unread 06-11-2012, 02:11 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
As far as I know, no FC fans currently watch any United games in pubs around Moston so how will they suffer ?
it's trade we should be giving them when the ground is built
Closed Thread