Juventus
33/1
Roma
50/1
Sevilla
150/1
Shakhtar Donetsk
150/1
That's Sky. Other places have us a 20/1 and Liverpool at 9/1.
Klopp has never won a major cup. Mourinho is a multi European trophy winner.

City are favourites - I have no idea why. Bayern have more pedigree and are dominating their league even more than the bitters are ours. I also think they'll be too gung ho and concede too many.

Who do you have in the semis? On merit, ignoring the fact they could meet in the last 8.

Me: Real, Barca, Bayern, United.

Unread 20-02-2018, 11:27 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Some odds:

City are favourites - I have no idea why. Bayern have more pedigree and are dominating their league even more than the bitters are ours. I also think they'll be too gung ho and concede too many.

Who do you have in the semis? On merit, ignoring the fact they could meet in the last 8.

don't know how...

they'll £#%&! up.

i wouldn't be surprised to see united squeak it to the final, as i've said a few times before.

not sure who'll win it.

Bayern are a good shout....

Unread 21-02-2018, 01:07 AM
Stickman

Porto

Unread 21-02-2018, 01:47 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Some odds:

Unread 21-02-2018, 05:11 AM
dunk

Based on this, United, Madrid, Barca & Bayern..

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:10 AM
Sparky***

On the off chance United make it past Sevilla, we’re going to get woefully exposed the minute we come up against any of Europe’s top sides.

This fantasy idea that just because Liverpool and Chelsea managed to fudge it when they were having shit seasons, that United can do the same is just that. Total fantasy land crap.

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:18 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
On the off chance United make it past Sevilla, we’re going to get woefully exposed the minute we come up against any of Europe’s top sides.

This fantasy idea that just because Liverpool and Chelsea managed to fudge it when they were having shit seasons, that United can do the same is just that. Total fantasy land crap.
Favourable draws and the very top teams having an off day the we are in with a shout but if we play one of the best teams in good form and have to agree with you

Saying that

you never know

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:18 AM
saffers

The odds are impacted by some teams who are basically already thru to the quarters.

Win tonight and then drawing one of Shaktar/Roma is very possible. I also would fancy us to do Spurs/Juve/Liverpool/Barca/Real over two legs. Very few dangerous teams in the CL this year. City and Bayern look the stronger based on their long term form but neither are amazing.

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:29 AM
barca99

Quote:

I agree, however with some of the attacking talent we have we have a chance, even if its a slim one.

United barca madrid bayern proper european line up

However i think it will be madrid, bayern, spurs and city

That said we could easily beat sevilla and draw roma then id fancy our chances of a semi final spot

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:48 AM
tatty

Winning the CL would set us back a couple of years.

Glazers wouldn't see the need to fund a CL winning side.

Unread 21-02-2018, 07:48 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Winning the CL would set us back a couple of years.
I'd take that tbh....

Unread 21-02-2018, 08:53 AM
Seamus

Quote:

I dont believe this. In a 2 legged tie I am confident we could match any of the top teams. We are basically a cup team at the moment but that is fine for the time being. We will beat Seville home and away and the momentum will build.

I cant be doing with all the doom. Wind your neck in

Unread 21-02-2018, 09:07 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I dont believe this. In a 2 legged tie I am confident we could match any of the top teams. We are basically a cup team at the moment but that is fine for the time being. We will beat Seville home and away and the momentum will build.

Agreed, we'll beat Sevilla over the two legs and get into the quarter-finals where anything can happen.

Put it this way we're better than Mourinho 2004 Porto team and his 2010 Inter Milan team.

You never know.

Unread 21-02-2018, 09:10 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
Put it this way we're better than Mourinho 2004 Porto team and his 2010 Inter Milan team.
Maybe, maybe not. The difference is that the players in those teams had a pair of balls. Our shit@#%&!s go to pieces at the slightest setback

Unread 21-02-2018, 09:15 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
Agreed, we'll beat Sevilla over the two legs and get into the quarter-finals where anything can happen.

You never know.
You see, this is the type of thing I’m talking about. Reality, yet again, is going to slap you two in the face like a wet kipper.

Better than Inter 2010. Jesus wept.

Unread 21-02-2018, 09:16 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Maybe, maybe not. The difference is that the players in those teams had a pair of balls. Our shit@#%&!s go to pieces at the slightest setback

They have recently I can't deny it doudou but Mourinho for all his faults, is the master of finding a way of playing to his strengths while cancelling out better teams. I think that's our challenge in the knockout rounds to be honest.

Quote:
You see, this is the type of thing I’m talking about. Reality, yet again, is going to slap you two in the face like a wet kipper.

Unread 21-02-2018, 09:21 AM
forwardirektion

Liverpool v Spurs

Chelsea V City

Liverpool v City final

Unread 21-02-2018, 09:30 AM
dunk

Quote:

Why this ridiculous refusal to grasp how £#%&!ing awful we are the evidence is right before our very eyes at least once a week, sometimes twice.

Unread 21-02-2018, 09:33 AM
Seamus

Quote:

I would rather to live in hope than to die in despair.

We have a manager who knows how to win this trophy, that is invaluable. I think you need to give a bit more credit to this team than you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Why this ridiculous refusal to grasp how f***ing awful we are the evidence is right before our very eyes at least once a week, sometimes twice.
you make out we are in the bottom half of the league and out of the cups. Clowns like you are never happy, you expect us to win every week. We are competing and progressing, we have off days. Do you think city would think the wheels have fell off because they got beat by wigan? No

I bet you were the type of red that was pissed off in 99 because we got knocked out in the league cup.....I bet you couldnt leave your bedroom all summer.

try and enjoy the ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Liverpool v Spurs

Chelsea V City

Liverpool v City final
I think Liverpool will get city in the next round and the scousers will turn them over.

It will be a united spurs final. 50% of this forum will be obsessing over spurs

Unread 21-02-2018, 09:39 AM
doudou

I understand the logic behind the "Mourinho can win anything" argument, I really do. But with Jones and/or Smalling at the back we're always liable to make a catastrophic £#%&!-up.

Yeah it would be nice if we won the big one, we're just not going to.
Closed Thread