United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-07-2007, 11:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
So are we saying that Liverpool are the new Tottenham????
They wish, as do we all, what with the Huddlestone Zokoro midfield axis easily the best in Europe and having the worlds best player up front.

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:16 PM
punk_football

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
They wish, as do we all, what with the Huddlestone Zokoro midfield axis easily the best in Europe and having the worlds best player up front.
Thank £#%&! they couldn't afford the Jags wages, we would of really been in the shit then

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:23 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_football

babel reminds me of Hesky
Thanks, because I don't think any of us can remember what Heskey looks like

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:26 PM
punk_football

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Just though I needed cheering up this Friday morning that is all

Unread 13-07-2007, 12:48 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_football
Just though I needed cheering up this Friday morning that is all
Only kidding, mate.

Seems like a long time since he was there.

I have a confession, I actually felt very sorry for Heskey and felt he got a raw deal because his goals return was poor. He did so much for the team and wasn't as bad as people made out.

He's shit now though.

Unread 13-07-2007, 02:01 PM
celtbion

Look, I appreciate the prospect of a title race with Liverpool is fearsome but that is what it'll boil down to.

We'll retain our title comfortably enough. The only team that can match our attacking prowess are Arsenal. If the Croatian can approach his goalscoring record from his previous club, they might have a cut off of it as well. Shouldn't forget that, on paper, they've a fine side as well.

Chelsea, of the top four, have the poorest basic football ability now going into this season. Outside of Joe Cole, there's a lack of craft and guile about their play. They were found out a few times last year as a result.

I'm looking at their reinforcements this summer and I just don't see where the big improvement required to push on and catch Utd again is coming from.

Perhaps Obi Mikel might emerge alongside Essien as a driving force but the guy is such a @#%&! of a man that I feel sooner or later the shit will hit the fan there.

Unread 13-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Tumescent Throb

I reckon it'll be us and the chavs again. It's possible the title race could involve all 5 of the best teams (inc Spurs now) - possible, but unlikely. Liverpool may be a nagging threat, similar to Moncur at Cantona's ankles. But that will be all.

Personally I can't be arsed thinking of the title race too much right now, and am just buzzing at the prospect of United's stunning football next season

Unread 13-07-2007, 02:37 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin
Every barren season without the title, the pressure gets more and more intense on them ( no one appreciates that more than us )

Hopefully, the premiership will continue to be a mental barrier too far for them
That's a good point. Liverpool have not only not won the title for ages, but none of the current players have ever been involved in a title race. I think you need that experience in order to come through it.

Even if they were top of the table in March, I'd expect them to bottle it. They won't have the mental nerve to keep consistently winning matches anyway. So for me, their best bet this season is to be riding high for much of the campaign, only to £#%&! it up at the final hurdle.

More realistically, it'll be much more of the same. Too many draws and defeats to the likes of Villa and Portsmouth and a few more defeats to ourselves, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Still, they're not far away (personnel-wise) from a side that can compete. They've already got a very good defence in place. They have two good centre mids in Gerrard and Alonso and now a good striker in Torres. They're still missing some decent wide men though.

Unread 13-07-2007, 02:42 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

That made me laugh
Closed Thread