United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Sloppy

Default Mon 9th Football

Everton v Sunderland ko 3pm
Quote:
#Everton team: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Heitinga, Neville, Gueye, Fellaini, Osman, Pienaar, McFadden, Stracqualursi

#SAFC team: Mignolet, Bardsley, Turner, Kilgallon, Colback, Larsson, Vaughan, Cattermole, McClean, Gardner, Sessegnon
Newcastle v Bolton ko 3pm
Quote:
#NUFC team: Krul, Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Perch, Gutierrez, Ba, Cisse

#BWFC team: Bogdan, Ricketts, Ream, Wheater, Steinsson, Mark Davies, Reo-Coker, Pratley, Kevin Davies, Petrov, Eagles
Tottenham v Norwich ko 3pm
Quote:
#Tottenham team: Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Livermore, Modric, Bale, Saha, Defoe

#Norwich team: Ruddy, Martin, Ryan Bennett, Ward, Drury, Elliott Bennett, Howson, Johnson, Pilkington, Holt, Wilbraham

Unread 09-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Time For Heroes

FFS...where's Jelavic? Need him up front for my team.

Unread 09-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Wez

1-0 Norwich

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:00 PM
MJ Ramone

Apparently Norwich had a blatant Pen turned down just before Defoe's equaliser.
'Corruption/Conspiracy' or 'just one of those things'??

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:02 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Apparently Norwich had a blatant Pen turned down just before Defoe's equaliser.
'Corruption/Conspiracy' or 'just one of those things'??
It will carry on feeding this 'big clubs get all the decisions' fire.

The truth of the matter is, no one gives a flying £#%&! if Wigan have a pen turned down against West Brom. Nothing to do with big teams influencing refs, people just notice it when they're involved.

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
It will carry on feeding this 'big clubs get all the decisions' fire.

The truth of the matter is, no one gives a flying £#%&! if Wigan have a pen turned down against West Brom. Nothing to do with big teams influencing refs, people just notice it when they're involved.
Blackburn had a screamingly obvious penalty not given at Bolton last week. That's two teams fighting relegation in a local derby. I think I heard it mentioned once on the radio.

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:07 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Blackburn had a screamingly obvious penalty not given at Bolton last week. That's two teams fighting relegation in a local derby. I think I heard it mentioned once on the radio.
Be like spitting on Muamba's grave to make an issue of that.

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:09 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It's utterly laughable. There are shit decisions every week, at every ground, in every league. It just makes a good story, or provides a good subject to moan about, when the decision is in favour of a 'big' team.

South coast derby on saturday, Southampton scored a goal that was disallowed for offside (replays show that it probably was offside). Southampton players flew at the officials, screaming at them, and they changed their mind and gave the goal (a goal that would have been a 89th minute winner if portsmouth hadn't scored in injury time).

Heard much about that? Nope.

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:17 PM
JakeB

Talking of Southampton, Lambert's got another 2 today against Palace, which gets him up to 30 for the season.

26 in 34 in the league.

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:25 PM
saffers

1-2 Norwich

Haha, gotta say i'm enjoying Spurs demise and i'd even laugh if Chelsea ended up in 4th over them. They've just been so overhyped all season. 'Spurs play the best football in the premiership' just cos they beat a bunch of shit teams on a run.

Luka to Yernited hopefully.

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:27 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
1-2 Norwich

Haha, gotta say i'm enjoying Spurs demise and i'd even laugh if Chelsea ended up in 4th over them. They've just been so overhyped all season. 'Spurs play the best football in the premiership' just cos they beat a bunch of shit teams on a run.

Shocking time they've had since Harry mentally accepted the England job

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
1-2 Norwich

Yeah, got just the right mentality hasn't he...

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:29 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yeah, got just the right mentality hasn't he...
Yeah, we should sign Balotelli instead.

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Yeah, we should sign Balotelli instead.
I was joking, the love in for Modric, chief underachiever for the perennial underachievers is odd.

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:36 PM
naes_sean

not a bad goal that from Hatem Ben Arfa

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:37 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I was joking, the love in for Modric, chief underachiever for the perennial underachievers is odd.
He can't be expected to carry a team, he isn't the one who sticks himself on the left wing. Blame Harry for that. Spurs are a bit overrated anyway, the fact that they were playing good stuff and in 3rd said a lot about one incredible midfielder can lift a team.

They'll struggle for 5th place again if he's sold. He's the best central midfielder in this league.

You were joking about Balo? Come on, you've been dickriding him for ages pal. The guy is a fraud. I called it when they signed him, an inferior player to Welbz for £25m - and a complete #@&%! of a guy. How many training ground fights has he been in? Near enough their whole squad hate him

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:40 PM
saffers

If the scores stay the same and Chelsea win tonight, them, Newcastle and Spurs will all be level on 59 pts in the race for 4th. Chelsea would go ahead on GD. Shows how big that 93rd minute winner from Mata was.

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:40 PM
JakeB

As it stands Chelsea drop down to sixth and will stay there if they draw or lose away at Fulham. They struggle at Craven Cottage too

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
not a bad goal that from Hatem Ben Arfa
Superb player. Cissé's scored again too.

Norwich will draw level with Liverpool if things stay as they are

Unread 09-04-2012, 04:41 PM
JakeB

Everton 3 up with Jelavic not even involved

He's obviously been giving striking lessons to the rest of the squad in his spare time.

Edit: Everton 4 up now, they're ripe for beating Liverpool on Saturday.
Closed Thread