United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Shevchenko is very pally with Abramovich.I thought they'd end up signing him.

Messi and Kaka though............................................ ...? HA HA HA!
I dunno, maybe a few of Chelsea's patented subtle death threats might have them packing their belongings and heading for west London.

Unread 17-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Part 36 Offer

they can 'target' them all they like. Not a £#%&!ing chance.

Unread 17-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Baron

In all honesty, Chelsea can target the greedy (Schevchenko, Ballack, Mikel, Ashley Cole) but they'll never get the genuine class players in their prime because as a whole, as @#%&!ish as they all undoubtably are, they know there are only a handfull of clubs in the world you'd want to be reminded of playing for when your days are up.

Chelsea will never, ever be one of them.

£100k p/w at United, Milan or Barca - winning leagues or CL's & crowds & history you can only dream of, or follow in Denis Wise's (tiny) footsteps at the Bridge for £150k p/w ?

Not exactly rocket science or a unique insight but it's true enough. Just listening to Drogba trying to explain how he faked a knee injury before going to the medical at Chelsea is reason enough for me to know I'm right.

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
In all honesty, Chelsea can target the greedy (Schevchenko, Ballack, Mikel, Ashley Cole) but they'll never get the genuine class players in their prime because as a whole, as @#%&!ish as they all undoubtably are, they know there are only a handfull of clubs in the world you'd want to be reminded of playing for when your days are up.

Chelsea will never, ever be one of them.

£100k p/w at United, Milan or Barca - winning leagues or CL's & crowds & history you can only dream of, or follow in Denis Wise's (tiny) footsteps at the Bridge for £150k p/w ?

Not exactly rocket science or a unique insight but it's true enough. Just listening to Drogba trying to explain how he faked a knee injury before going to the medical at Chelsea is reason enough for me to know I'm right.
Really? When did he say that?

£#%&!ing hell. Why didn't he just say no?

Unread 17-04-2008, 05:46 PM
SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Really? When did he say that?

£#%&!ing hell. Why didn't he just say no?
3 November 2007, The Sun

DIDIER DROGBA has effectively signalled the end of his Chelsea career -by admitting he was DISGUSTED with himself for accepting Roman Abramovich's millions.

And he revealed he even prayed for a knee injury which would have scuppered his move to Stamford Bridge.

Drogba, 29, has already amazingly revealed his fury at Jose Mourinho's sacking, talk of 'treachery' within the dressing room and said he wants to quit Chelsea at the end of the season.

But these latest shoot-from-the-hip claims from the striker will INFURIATE Abramovich, ENRAGE Blues fans and AMAZE his fellow players.

Drogba, who pockets more than Pounds 100,000 per week, cannot try to distance himself from his shocking words given they are all on his official DVD, on sale in France. The angry African blasts: "The day I signed for Chelsea I just felt disgusted. I know this is something which can't have happened to many players but that's how it is. I was disgusted.

"I know that when I say this people are going to look at the financial aspect of my move -but money didn't count for me.

"I was unhappy and it remains as simple as that.

"I was lucky as the French-speaking clan at Stamford Bridge in those days - Geremi, William Gallas and Claude Makelele -tried to help me.

"But the truth is I wanted to leave after only a few weeks. I wasn't happy at all.

I had no desire to be there."

His declaration is remarkable and wounding. But it is Drogba's almost-insane admission that he wished an injury upon himself in order to avoid moving to London which will stun and confuse every fan, every pro and every medic who has ever helped an athlete try to restore his career. "I did some absurd things just so that I wouldn't have to go to Chelsea," raps Drogba defiantly.

"The medical was in a Paris hospital and I clearly remember praying they would find a problem with my knee or something so the move would collapse.

"I didn't care what I'd lose, I wasn't interested in the money I'd make, I simply didn't want to leave Marseille.

Passion

"I admit that playing in England one day had always been a dream for me but the impact of being at Marseille completely changed me.

"I wanted to 'do a Maldini' -by staying with Marseille until the end of my career. I'd had affection for other clubs but this was pure passion."

Drogba's agent Thierno Seyde confirms that, once the medical was complete, the player's amazing determination to spurn Chelsea surfaced once again. Seyde says: "The night before our flight to London I went down from Paris to Marseille to pick Didier up. At 4am Didier said to me, 'I don't want to go, forget it, it's all off -I'm not going to Chelsea'.

"I told him that it was too late and that everything was set up. Initially, he still said 'I don't care' but finally I managed to talk him round."
Closed Thread