United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-10-2022, 11:41 AM
armchair

Default Chelsea build-up

Tough away game BUT I'm not sure they are actually better than Spurs or Newcastle. More to them in an attacking sense than Newcastle but not as solid at the back. I think Spurs are a far better attacking side. Slightly hopeful that we win a tight game. Would be great if Tony Malingerer could turn up.

Unread 20-10-2022, 11:58 AM
Coracao

We will be punished here if we are as wasteful in front of goal as we have been recently.

Winnable game if we are ruthless with the good chances we get.

Unread 20-10-2022, 12:02 PM
dunk

Would be tempted to go with Casemiro, Fred and Eriksen with Bruno left and Sancho benched tbh.

Unread 20-10-2022, 12:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
We will be punished here if we are as wasteful in front of goal as we have been recently.

Winnable game if we are ruthless with the good chances we get.
Tbf, people were saying that about Spurs after our Newcastle game.

Saw Chelsea at Villa and they were fortunate to win. City aside, we’ve shown we can mix it with the best of the rest.

We need to be bang on it and play with a bit of confidence.

Would take a point all day tbf.

Unread 20-10-2022, 12:06 PM
Dasilvatwins

Play the same team as last night. (If Eriksen is fully fit then bring him in)

Unread 20-10-2022, 12:07 PM
est.1878

travel without ronnie and we win....

newly found confidence and team spirit...

Unread 20-10-2022, 12:09 PM
Dasilvatwins

Haven’t had a chance to look at our fixtures but 11 games in we would have played 8 out of the current top 10 teams in the league . (Reduce it to 9 as we are one of the top 10 teams)

Hopefully we get a run against the bottom half of the league and get some proper form going

Unread 20-10-2022, 12:10 PM
NedKelly

How have Chelsea been playing under Potter? Don’t think I’ve watched them since then.

Always a tough game at their place, but I feel a lot more positive. As said above, we need to bury the good chances we get this time.

Unread 20-10-2022, 12:12 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
How have Chelsea been playing under Potter? Don’t think I’ve watched them since then.

Always a tough game at their place, but I feel a lot more positive. As said above, we need to bury the good chances we get this time.
Saw them at Villa and at home to …. I can’t remember. They were decidedly ‘meh’. Getting results but not playing great. They’ll need to up it to beat us.

Unread 20-10-2022, 12:13 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Don’t think he’s changed much. They were playing 352 in the champions league a couple weeks back. More industrial than the fluid ETH style 😎

Feel like they’re in the same boat as us , scousers spurs etc. They’re quite easily beatable. It all depends on how good we turn up rather than them being able to take the game away from us

Unread 20-10-2022, 12:41 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

they're not that good but we never seem to have much joy there.

Unread 21-10-2022, 01:39 PM
armchair

Martial out again.

Unread 21-10-2022, 01:48 PM
Patty_b

Think we'll win this. I think we'll be sharper and work much harder than them off the ball. We're also oozing with quality when it all comes together, which it seems to be happening now.

Fernandes played much better against Spurts, Casemiro looks match fit for the Premier League, Varane and Martinez are both fit to partner each other. The front three can cause anyone problems, even if some of them couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

It's going to be that shit left back up against Antony as well, the £#%&!er will be going to bed dizzy tomorrow night.

Fred should start as well. Don't want to leave Erikson out either, so not sure how we could get them all in the team, but if Fred from Wednesday turns up tomorrow then they're £#%&!ed.

1-3 - Antony,Rashford & Fernandes.

Unread 21-10-2022, 01:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Horrible ground to go to and the toughest of the 3 current fixtures imo....

They'll be hard to break down but will offer more in attack....

Smash and grab 1-2 but I'd be happy with a score draw right now....

Unread 21-10-2022, 02:05 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Tough away game BUT I'm not sure they are actually better than Spurs or Newcastle. More to them in an attacking sense than Newcastle but not as solid at the back. I think Spurs are a far better attacking side. Slightly hopeful that we win a tight game. Would be great if Tony Malingerer could turn up.
Barcodes have scored more than them in the league this season.

Chelsea have 15 For, same as us.

They're missing a proper forward, they started the kid that was at Southampton the other night & drew 0-0 with Brentford.

I'm not convinced they're that good, Kante is out injured, Reece James is out for a while, I've always thought Sterling was shit & then it's Havertz, Aubameyang & Mount... oooohh, scary.

I'd like to think if we can turn up & put in the same level as Wednesday it will be time for Rashford to shine, he does well at the Bridge. Same score again I think, brace for Rashers

Unread 21-10-2022, 02:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Horrible ground to go to and the toughest of the 3 current fixtures imo....

They'll be hard to break down but will offer more in attack....

Smash and grab 1-2 but I'd be happy with a score draw right now....
Definitely. 8 points from 12 out of Everton away, Chelsea away, Newcastle at home and Spurs at home would be good going.

Unread 21-10-2022, 10:31 PM
Surfers do Charlie

I think this might be the one step back to the two steps forward. Haven't got any proper evidence to back that up though.
Happy with any kind of draw.

Unread 21-10-2022, 11:20 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
they're not that good but we never seem to have much joy there.
Haven't lost there since the Mou Mou shitshow.

We were bloody good the other night but should have scored more, and the next fiasco never seems too far away, we were just starting to feel a bit of confidence then the berties game came along and we were back to square one, or maybe square two. Winning this would be a pretty big deal. COYFR

Unread 21-10-2022, 11:50 PM
Bunker Buster

Winning this.....

Watch as Erik gets this right.....

Unread 21-10-2022, 11:51 PM
Finport Red

We’re winning this. 2-0 I reckon.
Closed Thread