United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-04-2016, 09:20 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Complete sense of humour failure - particularly from Camp Soaked Sheets.
if lvg goes will they stop whinging?

Unread 27-04-2016, 09:24 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
if lvg goes will they stop whinging?
I don't know - the sense of humour failure will be matched by some sort of juvenile triumphalism if Mourinho comes in. What they don't realise is that even hardened "cardies" will back the manager for an extended period of time whoever he is, because they don't knee jerk for maximum internet limelight effect and because they actually support the club.

Unread 27-04-2016, 09:55 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
I don't know - the sense of humour failure will be matched by some sort of juvenile triumphalism if Mourinho comes in. What they don't realise is that even hardened "cardies" will back the manager for an extended period of time whoever he is, because they don't knee jerk for maximum internet limelight effect and because they actually support the club.
But coupled with realism. It became clear that Moyes was out of his depth and had no track record at the highest level. LVG has pedigree

Unread 27-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
But coupled with realism. It became clear that Moyes was out of his depth and had no track record at the highest level. LVG has pedigree
Plenty of realism from hardened cardigan wearers - plenty of whom are match goers and have hated the football, the negativity and the transfer money blown away. The issue has always been give him a proper length of time to see if he can improve season after season and the jury will be out soon. Same rules would apply to a new coach I hope.

Unread 27-04-2016, 10:03 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Yeah, that's what it's become unfortunately but it's not its origin. Legitimate questions were asked throughout last season re some of lvg's frankly baffling decisions and every single one of them was batted off or justified in evermore ludicrous ways.

You yourself were dragged kicking and screaming into accepting that lvg may have had some influence in spending a fortune but delivering one of the weakest squads we've ever had. To this day you maintain that many of the players aren't up to it yet ignore the bloke that's bought and £#%&!ing picked them.

And any criticism that has been extracted is a mere short acknowledgement in a essay length diatribe of mitigation.

In short it's a two way street and a situation that you collectively have at least contributed to if not had a hand in creating.
tbh it's all becoming a bit 'Vidal In/out'...

Unread 27-04-2016, 10:13 AM
dunk

Quote:
Plenty of realism from hardened cardigan wearers - plenty of whom are match goers and have hated the football, the negativity and the transfer money blown away. The issue has always been give him a proper length of time to see if he can improve season after season and the jury will be out soon. Same rules would apply to a new coach I hope.
This.

I think there's a huge underestimation of the mess United were in when LvG arrived, not just on the pitch or the over-bloated squad, but the way everything is done. You can't just fix it just like that. Most of the pro-Mouers went into this season expecting a title charge and a run in the CL without at any point taking into account the slow progress/change of the previous 2 seasons and the glaring squad issues, and are judging him based on that arbitrary expectation whilst dismissing any mitigating factors as his fault or to be expected.

Yeah he's made mistakes, and I've been quicker to criticise him on a lot that's most (Welbeck, Kagawa, Falcao, Di Maria, 3-5-2, Fellaini, Mata etc..) I've given him shit the same way I gave Fergie shit for some of his decisions, but I maintain he's been pushing the club uphill the whole time. There's a good chance it all starts to flatten out next season imo, and considering the shit he's had to put up with so far (some of his own making).

Unread 27-04-2016, 11:03 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
That reminds me...can I pop by for a receipt later on ?

No

Unread 27-04-2016, 11:19 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa

MNIK your pants...? they've just been pulled down.

Keith?

Pull your pants up mate.

Unread 27-04-2016, 11:28 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:

MNIK your pants...? they've just been pulled down.

Keith?

Pull your pants up mate.
twasn't an attack on MNIK, I agree with him. I was more thinking about the ridiculous lack of balance and polarisation of opinions which makes people do silly things (especially on the internet (I'm perfectly guilty of this as well obv))

I may have just wooshed myself of course

Unread 27-04-2016, 11:41 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
twasn't an attack on MNIK, I agree with him. I was more thinking about the ridiculous lack of balance and polarisation of opinions which makes people do silly things (especially on the internet (I'm perfectly guilty of this as well obv))

I may have just wooshed myself of course
oh come on harri. You've slayed a beast. A big dawg.

Now you're afraid of reprecussions?

Dude. No.

I wouldn't have attacked him because I really like the guy but stand by your actions bro.

Unread 27-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Cream

Quote:
oh come on harri. You've slayed a beast. A big dawg.

Now you're afraid of reprecussions?

Dude. No.

I wouldn't have attacked him because I really like the guy but stand by your actions bro.
I think Harri's bird mottling his dome into something barely recognisable has taken its toll over the years. Fear for Keith at this juncture.

Unread 27-04-2016, 11:55 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This.

I think there's a huge underestimation of the mess United were in when LvG arrived, not just on the pitch or the over-bloated squad, but the way everything is done. You can't just fix it just like that. Most of the pro-Mouers went into this season expecting a title charge and a run in the CL without at any point taking into account the slow progress/change of the previous 2 seasons and the glaring squad issues, and are judging him based on that arbitrary expectation whilst dismissing any mitigating factors as his fault or to be expected.

Yeah he's made mistakes, and I've been quicker to criticise him on a lot that's most (Welbeck, Kagawa, Falcao, Di Maria, 3-5-2, Fellaini, Mata etc..) I've given him shit the same way I gave Fergie shit for some of his decisions, but I maintain he's been pushing the club uphill the whole time. There's a good chance it all starts to flatten out next season imo, and considering the shit he's had to put up with so far (some of his own making).
Amen brother 👏👏👏👏👏

Unread 27-04-2016, 12:16 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Wow and wow. Two wow's - one for the attack itself and one for the identity of the attacker. Totally unexpected and very uncalled for. I'm literally stood here staring at my pants round my ankles thinking do I have the strength to carry on? I'm also very much regretting wearing my old boxers with the disintegrated perinium area.

Feels harsh after always looking out for you (I haven't) and always being there for you (I haven't) but I'll get through (I will).

Unread 27-04-2016, 12:18 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Wow and wow. Two wow's - one for the attack itself and one for the identity of the attacker. Totally unexpected and very uncalled for. I'm literally stood here staring at my pants round my ankles thinking do I have the strength to carry on? I'm also very much regretting wearing my old boxers with the disintegrated perinium area.

Feels harsh after always looking out for you (I haven't) and always being there for you (I haven't) but I'll get through (I will).
Thank you Keith - Officially giggling

Unread 27-04-2016, 12:24 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:

Unread 27-04-2016, 05:28 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
make your mind up, one minute you want Mourinho in the next you are *********** LVG??!
Depends what day it is. Genuinely love Louis whatever happens

Unread 10-05-2016, 10:32 PM
believe

The crew are quiet tonight, must all be at the game.

Unread 10-05-2016, 10:32 PM
Clarkie

Siders..... Jesus Christ Siders, not tonight

Unread 10-05-2016, 10:36 PM
saffers

£#%&! every single cardie crew member, if you support lvg you hate united

these people officially hate united

Unread 10-05-2016, 10:41 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
£#%&! every single cardie crew member, if you support lvg you hate united